Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- keeganl - 2009-02-25

Would it be possible to have any admin change the name of this thread to Serenity since we have officially named the skin. Also it is no longer possibly a skin, it is working, albeit in a simple form. So if you could change the name of the thread it would be greatly appreciated.

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-25

keeganl Wrote:Would it be possible to have any admin change the name of this thread to Serenity since we have officially named the skin. Also it is no longer possibly a skin, it is working, albeit in a simple form. So if you could change the name of the thread it would be greatly appreciated.
what exactly do you want it changed to?
Changed it to 'Serenity' for now, let me know if you want something different.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-25

rwparris2 Wrote:what exactly do you want it changed to?
Changed it to 'Serenity' for now, let me know if you want something different.

Serenity works. Wink

Say, have you tried the video stuff lately, see if that problem you were having is still there? Either way, I'd check the FTP...

- theophile - 2009-02-26

Dang!

I was hoping the thread title change meant an initial release. You've got us all on the edges of our seats!

Oh, and I'm willing to beta test. Big Grin

- kizer - 2009-02-26

Well I know from experience it seems to work pretty good on the PC, but seems to act kinda funky on my Xbox. However its still in development. Wink

I need to test it more and actually provide some more bug tests so digitalhigh can look at them.

- theophile - 2009-02-26

I can test on Linux. Wink

- keeganl - 2009-02-26

theophile Wrote:Dang!

I was hoping the thread title change meant an initial release. You've got us all on the edges of our seats!

That truly means a lot. This is the first work DigitalHigh and myself have done as far as XBMC skins go. It's a good feeling to know that we are doing something that someone is interested in other than ourselves. Even if it is one person, that actually makes me feel pretty good. So thanks to all who show an interest in this skin. Also we are always taking any kind of suggestions anyone may have as refers to this skin. So suggest away.

Also thanks for changing the name of the thread. Serenity is perfect.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-26

keeganl Wrote:That truly means a lot. This is the first work DigitalHigh and myself have done as far as XBMC skins go. It's a good feeling to know that we are doing something that someone is interested in other than ourselves. Even if it is one person, that actually makes me feel pretty good. So thanks to all who show an interest in this skin. Also we are always taking any kind of suggestions anyone may have as refers to this skin. So suggest away.

Also thanks for changing the name of the thread. Serenity is perfect.

I second that. It's definitely a major motivator, especially now that this skin has grown from a few rough screens to a beast with all the moving parts. Every day I sit here coding, amazed with myself that I can remember that I put this here, that there, and that this in location #3 controls both of them. Couple that with the fact that I've been taking care of a sick kid for the past week and the other fact that I just downloaded the Afro-Samurai game for my 360...

Yeah...you guys are definitely a big motivator. So, hang in there. Hopefully, we can have a working release for you within...say...a month?

I'm not gonna lie tho...as soon as this game is done burning, I'm puttin' myself in a digital high and going to play for a while. Afro-Samurai rulez.

- paul - 2009-02-26

You do right mate have a rest.
looking after sick children is not easy, How is your son/daughter well i hope?

- quake101 - 2009-02-26

You guys both have been doing a great job! Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to the final product as well.

btw, Afro-Samurai is an awesome game. Wink

paul Wrote:You do right mate have a rest.
looking after sick children is not easy, How is your son/daughter well i hope?

He's good. Had an ear infection. But even when sick he's incredibly well-behaved. I'm very fortunate.

Quote:btw, Afro-Samurai is an awesome game.

I tried playing it, but the stupid sun is shining right on the screen, making it very difficult to see anything. I got frustrated and shut it off, right after I realized I could do flips and stuff too. It does look like a very cool game. Prince of Persia, but Afro Samurai.

- paul - 2009-02-26

Glad he's ok. now go chill out. and forget the skin for at least a while,
No point in rushing it.

Two new working screens I've got going. They're both definitely not final...just what I've been playing with.

1. Re-design of the video OSD. I haven't scrapped the rotating one yet, but I definitely think that this is more in tune with the rest of the skin. Right now, you have the option to choose between the two. What I like is that when you pause it, everything slides offscreen so that you're free to take screenshots. Wink

And this is the "Extra" cover information. MIP is going to support auto-downloading of the outer/inner DVD images, as well as pics of the discs themselves. If the user wants, they can store this info an a folder called "Extras" under the filenames of Front.jpg, Inner.jpg, CD1.jpg, and CD2.jpg, and the skin will find them and display them.

There are limitations to this, however. First, the movies have to be locally stored, not over a network share. Windows users can get around this by mapping a network drive, I'm not familiar enough with the other OS's to know if this is doable for the rest of you or not. Also, rendering these large of images without having them cached is a bit memory-intensive. But, the end result is pretty. And, as always, you can turn it on or off at your whim. If it's not enabled, then the writer/director information will be displayed there instead.

- kizer - 2009-02-26

Yeah you guys are doing great. I promise to put forth a bit more testing in the Xbox relm. I've been just well a little occupied with a few things myself.

I think what I might do is toy around with another Xbox I have in the house with a smaller library. Mine seems to be acting up with 100+ movies and not that its the skins fault, but I'd rather see whats going on before I blame it on one thing or another.

On my PC it seems to run pretty good, but keeping up with digitalhighs screen shots is impossible because hes a machine. Wink

- fekker - 2009-02-26

digitalhigh Wrote:Image

sweet!
- MIP will also generate <extraname>_preview.jpg .. loading those would be much faster. Size is on par with standard covers. and there's <extraname>_thumb.jpg (which is what is generated for MIP's display, height on thumbs is set to 122px, width varies to maintain the aspect ratio of the original item.)

Here's a pic of the bar I use to display them in MIP, fixed height thumbs are shown here.