Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-04

keeganl Wrote:Glad to see we are getting a lot of attention on this skin. DigitalHigh is in fact a beast of a coder. I am having a nearly impossible time creating screens for the new sections fast enough. As soon as i have one together, DigitalHigh has coded it, and has a working example of my artwork.

This is my public thank you to DigitalHigh for your incredible dedication to this project that spawned from 2 concept screenshots.

I hope everyone is excited about Serenity. It's shaping up very quickly and as Ben said, we are looking at an early alpha test version to be put out in the near future for you all to tell us what you think about the functionality so far. So stay with us. We'll have a test version coming to you sooner than later.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Although to be fair, I wouldn't have had much to do without your designs. All I'm really doing is taking your ideas and converting them from PSD's to XML, then animating it in ways that amuse me.

Same thing with the feedback from everybody else. This skin wouldn't have happened if none of you had said anything, so thanks to all. Keep chiming in, because it really helps with my creative process. Wink

Nice work - webmosher - 2009-03-04

Hello,

Very nice work.

I saw digitalhigh post in reply to someone's request to a music oriented skin, so I thought I would check this out. I have flipped between MediaStream and Horizons myself, but I would definitely try out Serenity once its released. Regarding music - Is there a screenshot of the music player/visualization overlay yet? The overlay options in MediaStream are my favorite so far.

Personally, I am not a fan of the squarish default font. If it would be at all possible to provide at least one alternate that is more "reader friendly", that would be very nice. I know that getting the flow/layout right with different fonts can be troublesome, so if this isn't possible, I understand.

With this and the new Aeon releasing soon, I can see I will probably be back to flipping between skins. However, I really really like the layout of Serenity the most between the two.

Cheers,
Fred

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-04

webmosher Wrote:Hello,

Very nice work.

I saw digitalhigh post in reply to someone's request to a music oriented skin, so I thought I would check this out. I have flipped between MediaStream and Horizons myself, but I would definitely try out Serenity once its released. Regarding music - Is there a screenshot of the music player/visualization overlay yet? The overlay options in MediaStream are my favorite so far.

Personally, I am not a fan of the squarish default font. If it would be at all possible to provide at least one alternate that is more "reader friendly", that would be very nice. I know that getting the flow/layout right with different fonts can be troublesome, so if this isn't possible, I understand.

With this and the new Aeon releasing soon, I can see I will probably be back to flipping between skins. However, I really really like the layout of Serenity the most between the two.

Cheers,
Fred

To be honest, I haven't finished the music OSD yet. My intentions are to have the now playing information look as seen in the rest of the skin, where the titles are in the RSS area, time in the upper right, and play buttons in the upper left (like the Video OSD). After looking at the Video OSD for some time, I think I'm going to try using the play/ffwd/etc symbols instead of text, so it's still a bit up in the air.

The basic idea is, as always, to use as little screen as possible while still displaying all the info you'd want to see.

As far as the font goes, yes, that's another one that's a bit further down on my list of things I'd like to do with this skin. As soon as I started using it, I realized that there would still be people that preferred everything being the same.

As far as readable goes, however, the screenshots may be a bit decieving...I really don't have a problem reading anything I've used thus far. Regardless, yes, I hope to have an option down the road for those who prefer the main font.

On another note, here's a ss of the panel view as implemented in the TV section. In the process of doing this, I wound up simplifying the way everything works together as well...meaning that I fixed the reason for the problems some of you guys were having with the movie/tv lib views. Awesome.

The title displays for about two seconds after the item is selected, then fades/slides behind the list, leaving just the tiles. Pressing down drops the list out of sight and brings up w/e info view you've got enabled...but still allows for scrolling between episodes or shows. Wink

- kizer - 2009-03-05

Yep its a colaborated effort. Some of us just do a lot less than others. Bahahahahaha

Hey look at me.... look at me...

Get back to coding Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-05

kizer Wrote:Yep its a colaborated effort. Some of us just do a lot less than others. Bahahahahaha

Hey look at me.... look at me...

Get back to coding Wink

You shut your trap and go test out the new version I uploaded to the FTP already! Wink

- paul - 2009-03-05

That's telling him Ha ha

- ptipton - 2009-03-05

This looks really nice. As Digitalhigh is looking for input my 10 cents would be:

1.IMHO in music views a weakness of all skins ( and software) seems to be ease of music management with a remote control especially if you have a large number of cd's. Seems even in coverflow or wallview views ( my favorites at present) you can spend ages scrolling through either albums or artists to find what you want and playlist management never seems that simple. A skin that really makes music selection and management easy would be a big step forward.

2. XBMC now has basic mythtv support and work is being done on unified pvr front end. To date no skin really caters for this. A good start would be simply the option to have a TV button in the main menu which points to the mythtv share and later would be good to make sure that the epg and other support being worked on works well with the skin.

Sorry for my ignorance but where can I download this skin to give it a try?

- paul - 2009-03-05

ptipton Wrote:This looks really nice. As Digitalhigh is looking for input my 10 cents would be:

1.IMHO in music views a weakness of all skins ( and software) seems to be ease of music management with a remote control especially if you have a large number of cd's. Seems even in coverflow or wallview views ( my favorites at present) you can spend ages scrolling through either albums or artists to find what you want and playlist management never seems that simple. A skin that really makes music selection and management easy would be a big step forward.

2. XBMC now has basic mythtv support and work is being done on unified pvr front end. To date no skin really caters for this. A good start would be simply the option to have a TV button in the main menu which points to the mythtv share and later would be good to make sure that the epg and other support being worked on works well with the skin.

It's still being developed my friend if you read the whole thread you would know that Digital is hopeing for a beta release in 2 to 4 weeks
Big Grin

ptipton Wrote:This looks really nice. As Digitalhigh is looking for input my 10 cents would be:

1.IMHO in music views a weakness of all skins ( and software) seems to be ease of music management with a remote control especially if you have a large number of cd's. Seems even in coverflow or wallview views ( my favorites at present) you can spend ages scrolling through either albums or artists to find what you want and playlist management never seems that simple. A skin that really makes mu1sic selection and management easy would be a big step forward.

1. Unfortunately, playlist management is still somewhat limited by what XBMC is capable of. With the skinning engine, I'm basically limited to click/left/right/up/down functions for most elements. The context menu handles all the stuff involving the editing of the playlists, so there my hands are somewhat tied. I have been able to bring the playlist out of the playlist window to other sections to allow for selecting of songs, but further than this, I can't do a lot. I'd love to, but I can't.

As far as just picking songs, I understand what you're saying. Up until now, I never even bothered using the library, as the organization I had in my files was better than that scanned by the library. So I am being conscious of the easiest way to pick songs in library mode...

2. I'm glad you mentioned that, because I am VERY interested in the functionality of MythTV (and it's bretheren). I see myself getting a TV capture card sometime in the near future, and I'd love nothing more than to have a slick interface to use it with when I get to that point.

So, while I can't promise it being MythTV friendly off the bat, I can definitely tell you that I know it's there, and that I have definitely considered making sure that it works as well with Serenity as everything else I have in mind. I just need to get undistracted and do my homework on how it actually works. Wink

Thanks a lot for the input. To anybody else who reads this...this is what I'm looking for. Speak up and tell me what you want to see.

- joebrady - 2009-03-05

Well, since we're talking about music, DH, I think we've talked about this, but I have my xbox set-up to start in the music section and then auto play a playlist after booting. Shortly there after, the visualization kicks in with info for the Album cover, the Artist, the Album the Track # and Title, a status bar for the time of the track and Playing Next. Since I've collected a lot of Artist fanart now, I'd like to see the fanart pop-up for the Artist 10-20 seconds each time a new song starts and then fade back to the visulization.

Now I think it is not possible at the moment to associate the fanart with an individual track. Only possible when going thru the Artist node of the library.
And I think it will show in filemode in Serenity. But maybe JM or someone will see this that can make it happen.

And I like the overlay from the Focus skin.

joebrady Wrote:Well, since we're talking about music, DH, I think we've talked about this, but I have my xbox set-up to start in the music section and then auto play a playlist after booting. Shortly there after, the visualization kicks in with info for the Album cover, the Artist, the Album the Track # and Title, a status bar for the time of the track and Playing Next. Since I've collected a lot of Artist fanart now, I'd like to see the fanart pop-up for the Artist 10-20 seconds each time a new song starts and then fade back to the visulization.

Now I think it is not possible at the moment to associate the fanart with an individual track. Only possible when going thru the Artist node of the library.
And I think it will show in filemode in Serenity. But maybe JM or someone will see this that can make it happen.

And I like the overlay from the Focus skin.

I tried throwing the fanart into the mix for the visualization...no luck. As I suspected, it's just not there for playing items. I think it would require the creation of a musicplayer.fanartimage infolabel.

Here are shots of the music OSD/visualizations windows. Checked out XTV and Vision after the fact...this is pretty similar to their displays.

- Waffa - 2009-03-05

Wauw, just looked to the youtube video. This is going to be a great skin.

Waffa Wrote:Wauw, just looked to the youtube video. This is going to be a great skin.

LOL...and that youtube video is outdated and has a lot of broken stuff. The version I've got going now is a lot cleaner, smoother, and faster. Wink

Maybe I'll update that video today. Show off the new boner-inspiring features...

- xbs08 - 2009-03-05

Will this skin work on the old XBOX or is it too much for 64MB?

- Waffa - 2009-03-05

If you need a tester I'm in for it.