Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- joebrady - 2009-03-08

kizer Wrote:Gave 1-25-2009 on the Xbox and it ran much better. I play with it some more and note what I thought was funky when I can.

I did notice that when you viewed the small plots in movie view it hid behind the movie list in library mode. I couldn't read it.

I noticed that also and wondered if it was because of the 1-25 t3ch build I was using. I'll check out the update for other things tonight.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-08

I uploaded the version where the info stuff should be a bit more stable now, as well as that pesky problem in TV Lib where the genre button wouldn't give up focus...

- paul - 2009-03-08

Works great now and to be honest am getting used to using the genres button which i never used on other skins.
All problems i reported are now fixed thank's.
I noticed the option for wide thumbs in tv shows would it be possible to use wide thumbs for movies also as that would free up even more of the screen possibly? just an idea as i can't get used to the cropped posters some look ok but others look real naff.
Ya doing great work. will give it a good old thrashing over the next few day's

- strangedaze39 - 2009-03-08

Hey guys good work, I'd love to give this skin a shot sometime.

My input would be:

-Keep the info view similar to what you posted in the first screenshot of post 193.

-I really like the showcase style view you posted yesterday in post 283, I know you said it's a quicky job for reference. A couple things I personally think would make it look nicer, is to remove the reflection. Give it a slight more curve and perspective. Also can you remove that RSS bar on the bottom of everything? IMO it's kinda pointless having the RSS bar in a Movie info view. Also whats the tab at the top used for? Another nice feature would to utilize the open spot in the lower right hand area between the border and poster for a title and maybe genre. I also just noticed how nicely that showcase view could flow into that info view style you posted in post 193.

-Personally I think the text is a tad too hard but it doesn't look bad.

I realize this is still a work in progress and I have no clue on what you have envisioned so forgive me if I commented on something silly. This actually makes me want to start a theme of my own quite bad! :p Good luck and let me know if I can help (I do graphics, I know you already have a partner and I'm not trying to step on toes but feel free to send me any inquiries on extra stuff).

strangedaze39 Wrote:Hey guys good work, I'd love to give this skin a shot sometime.

My input would be:

-Keep the info view similar to what you posted in the first screenshot of post 193.

-I really like the showcase style view you posted yesterday in post 283, I know you said it's a quicky job for reference. A couple things I personally think would make it look nicer, is to remove the reflection. Give it a slight more curve and perspective. Also can you remove that RSS bar on the bottom of everything? IMO it's kinda pointless having the RSS bar in a Movie info view. Also whats the tab at the top used for? Another nice feature would to utilize the open spot in the lower right hand area between the border and poster for a title and maybe genre. I also just noticed how nicely that showcase view could flow into that info view style you posted in post 193.

-Personally I think the text is a tad too hard but it doesn't look bad.

I realize this is still a work in progress and I have no clue on what you have envisioned so forgive me if I commented on something silly. This actually makes me want to start a theme of my own quite bad! :p Good luck and let me know if I can help (I do graphics, I know you already have a partner and I'm not trying to step on toes but feel free to send me any inquiries on extra stuff).

Showcase view...hopefully the GF will let me work on that today. Otherwise, I'll have revised SS's tomorrow.

Info tab on the top is the location title.

Reflection...yeah, I added that just to see what it would look like for my own curiosity, but don't know if it's really in the spirit of the skin. Maybe I'll go overboard and just add a flag to turn them on/off, maybe I'll remove em...who knows. Wink

Your RSS bar comment really got me thinking...it really is pretty pointless in other areas. I'm just wondering if anybody is uber-attached to keeping it...as in, should I set an option to keep it or disable it, or should I just go nuts and pull it entirely?

But, in thinking about it, I did come up with a few good ideas as to what I could use that space for. Because honestly, half the reason it's there is because it keeps the screen balanced.

I'll letcha know about the graphics too...there are a few of those tedious tasks that aren't so much as difficult as time-consuming, perhaps you could give me a hand doing those. Namely the default icons and such...

- joebrady - 2009-03-08

i like them there (rss) all the time because i have lots of feeds that run. option please.Nod

- rwparris2 - 2009-03-08

yes please keep the rss feed.

Will definitely not remove it entirely...odds are there will be an option to either keep the RSS, or have that area display information about the current media...

- quake101 - 2009-03-08

digitalhigh Wrote:Will definitely not remove it entirely...odds are there will be an option to either keep the RSS, or have that area display information about the current media...

That's a great idea. Smile

- kizer - 2009-03-08

RSS in my opinion should be on the main home page only and an on/off switch would be great. My Xbox I use the RSS, but oddly enough I don't use it on my PC version. Wink

- manturafs - 2009-03-10

hey, love the look of this skin. one the views i had in mind you guys have already coded. can't wait to try it out.

keep up the good work. this community can always use more coders and skinners. Smile

- kizer - 2009-03-10

What I really like about these guys is their ability to listen to their users and the openess to allow a few beta testers to point out their small flaws to keep the intrest alive and moving. Wink

- fekker - 2009-03-11

the skin is looking sweet, nice job!

- keeganl - 2009-03-11

We are definately taking all criticism seriously. We want to give you a skin that is simple while complex at the same time. We want to give you all a skin that is minimalistic in appearance, but delivers all the features you expect and then some. We listen to everyone's "wish-list" and give you options, so the skin can be molded to what you, as a community, are looking for. We will do that until this thing materializes into a finished skin. So keep bringing all the comments about our humble little skin.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-11

Yeah, what he said. Wink

Sorry...I've been taking a bit of a break this week. I think today I'll be cranking out some more code.

ManturaFS Wrote:- one the views i had in mind you guys have already coded.

Which view is this?