Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-12

kizer Wrote:I guess what I'm thinking is digitalhigh and company needs to finish a view or two and move on to the rest of the skin so they can get it out. Of course release the heck out of new views and other addons later, but get the skin to a warm and fuzzy state before tons of requests are filled and never released. Wink Lord only knows I have a few ideas and others do too.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. I love that everybody is so interested in this skin, and I definitely want to make it as personalize-able as possible, but I am now starting to find myself staring at the screen and wondering how in the **** I'm supposed to get everything going together.

So, as it stands now, I guess I'd like to ask you to put the feature requests on hold. Feel free to keep giving me feedback on what I'm making as I make it, but it is starting to feel a *tad* overwhelming. Wink

I guess you would call this a feature freeze? Yes. I'm going to be focusing on making everything that's there work as well as possible, and finishing up the necessary items like the OSD video options menu, presets, etc. I still need to add any kind of an info view to music as well.

So keep your ideas...I like a lot of them. I just need to "get the skin warm and fuzzy" as is before I move forward on additional features.

- paul - 2009-03-12

Thanks for the info regarding posters i will stick with 800x533 doubt i will see an difference on xbox.

- manturafs - 2009-03-12

digitalhigh Wrote:Which view is this?

the ones you actually have on the first page. but man, you have some great views that i'm sure will become popular. it's evolved nicely. dh, man you learned quickly. props. can't wait to see this. i'll have to take a break from coding to check this out when it's out there!

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-12

manturafs Wrote:the ones you actually have on the first page. but man, you have some great views that i'm sure will become popular. it's evolved nicely. dh, man you learned quickly. props. can't wait to see this. i'll have to take a break from coding to check this out when it's out there!

LOL...has anybody ever told you that flattery will get you everywhere? Wink

Honestly tho, thanks a lot. It's nice to see that the other names in the game are enjoying what I'm doing as well. Especially when those names happen to have "razorfish" associated with them.

And with that said...back to work. Lots to do, and time is running out. :O

Edit:

Also, I pulled the scrollbar. It's pretty effing redundant. Functionally, it's still there, but I saw no benefit from having a visual representation of it. Now it's a magic scrollbar. You press down, the posters slide ofscreen and the infobox slides on. Then pressing left slides you page-by-page, while the infobox/poster stays updated. Jeah.

- manturafs - 2009-03-12

haha no problem. as for the scroll bar thing, not sure if you still need help, but i pm'd you the answer to your question.

Smile

- joebrady - 2009-03-13

digitalhigh Wrote:Edit: Music view incoroporting back artwork...dunno how I like it.

Are things still set-up at the moment to use the extra images Fekker is going to pull with the new music section of MIP? How do I get to this view?

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-13

joebrady Wrote:Are things still set-up at the moment to use the extra images Fekker is going to pull with the new music section of MIP? How do I get to this view?

I haven't added it yet. But yes, this will still be included.

Just realized that I promised banner support for TV shows, but the poster view looks like crap with banners. SO, I updated. Here are some screenies of the banners in action. They scroll (quite nicely) left and right, and the downpress still brings up w/e info window you've got selected. What's really nice is that because the banner takes up a full "page", the scrolling works wonderfully when the panel is hidden for info view. Big Grin

So, I've been a busy boy today...finally.

What have I done? Well...I'll tell you.

Fixed problems I was having with the info panels not behaving as they should. Changed the video library list from a wraplist to a standard list, meaning that navigation will be easier.

I then spent some time with the video files section. I added support there for banners, removed the remnants of that hulu idea, and made the plugins stuff look quite lovely. Here's a ss of that:

Also, I finally implemented the video settings window for the Video OSD. I changed some misc. timings for the fanart so it would lag less, and just generally did a whole bunch of tiny crap that needed to be done one way or another.

Blah blah...just wanted to let everybody know that I did, in fact, do some work today. Wink

- kizer - 2009-03-14

Man your getting closer and closer. Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-14

kizer Wrote:Man your getting closer and closer. Wink

You know it. Big Grin

Updated version put on FTP to anybody who cares to give it a go.

- TerranQ - 2009-03-14

digitalhigh Wrote:You know it. Big Grin

Updated version put on FTP to anybody who cares to give it a go.

Wait, what? Where?!?

TerranQ Wrote:Wait, what? Where?!?

Sorry...I should have been more specific. This was directed at the handful of testers I've got out there... Soon. I promise. Big Grin

- TerranQ - 2009-03-14

digitalhigh Wrote:Sorry...I should have been more specific. This was directed at the handful of testers I've got out there... Soon. I promise. Big Grin

Sad

Way to dash my hopes, lol

Take your time, it's looking better every day. Looking forward to it.

Video OSD stuff is DONE. Well...a few minor tweaks still need to be done to the animations...but everything is IN PLACE. Whoohoo.

Also cleaned up more stuff in video library. Added the sort and ascending/descending buttons to the settings menu.

Oh, and I added the nice little letter to tell you where you are when scrolling...although TBH, in list mode, the skin is so quick you don't even need it. Wink

Edit: Still need to remove the default radiobutton gfx that I borrowed from PM3HD as well. Whoops...