Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- kizer - 2009-03-16

I tried to post last night and it wouldn't let me so I'll try again.

That looks slick and very clean. Its going to be an awesome skin.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-17

Happy St. Paddy's day! Drink a beer (or 12) for me! Production will resume once I've recovered from the day.

- Waffa - 2009-03-17

Looks very good, also like those (asphinx) genre thumbs in your skin.

Edit:
I have to say .
Do prever square, maybe asphinx can upload them in square so the would fit properly.

- asphinx - 2009-03-18

I actually prefer the rectangular ones.. Wink But if digitalhigh asks nicely I'm sure I can make a Serenity Set, when the aspect ratio has been set, which I'm assuming it hasn't been yet? Smile

EDIT: Also, Serenity is shaping up to look very nice.

- kizer - 2009-03-19

I'm just not sure about the black and white genre images. They seem to be missing something. Obviously color, but they just seem a little odd.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-19

kizer Wrote:I'm just not sure about the black and white genre images. They seem to be missing something. Obviously color, but they just seem a little odd.

Maybe the set that had the movie screenshots?

- asphinx - 2009-03-19

Or maybe the Silhouettes, Vivid Colour -Pack? Wink Didn't want to threadjack so I posted a preview of it in my Movie Genre Thread, first post.. Big Grin

- jarod71 - 2009-03-19

i love them. I hope they can code xbmc so these work in library...

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-19

jarod71 Wrote:i love them. I hope they can code xbmc so these work in library...

Already got it working in library, brother. No coding required on the XBMC part...just a little clever skinning. Wink

Asphinx -

I'll give the vivid color ones a go, but I think in the end, yes, the screenshots ones would work best.

- jarod71 - 2009-03-19

digitalhigh Wrote:Already got it working in library, brother. No coding required on the XBMC part...just a little clever skinning. Wink

Asphinx -

I'll give the vivid color ones a go, but I think in the end, yes, the screenshots ones would work best.

I hear you, but this will only apply to one skin right? I would like to see it work with all skins. although Serenity is already a contender for my everyday skin from the looks of it.

- asphinx - 2009-03-20

By all means digitalhigh, your skin, your decision.. Wink If you remember earlier I said that they (the Original Movie Genre's) would get an overhaul, which they are still getting. Don't wait with bated breaths though, as it'll still take some time finish them. Big Grin

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-20

jarod71 Wrote:I hear you, but this will only apply to one skin right? I would like to see it work with all skins. although Serenity is already a contender for my everyday skin from the looks of it.

Correct, it would only apply for Serenity. But to make it work is incredibly simple, so much that I'd be willing to explain to people how to add it to whatever skin they wanted it for (or better yet, just tell the makers of that skin). Because honestly, the functionality is already there...the skins just need to know how to ask for it.

And thanks for the comments. I hope to finally get the info panels for the music stuff done, putting me one step closer to having something I'm happy with releasing to the masses. Wink

Here is a shot with custom genre images based off of Asphinx's template. Me rikey.

- jarod71 - 2009-03-20

digitalhigh Wrote:Correct, it would only apply for Serenity. But to make it work is incredibly simple, so much that I'd be willing to explain to people how to add it to whatever skin they wanted it for (or better yet, just tell the makers of that skin). Because honestly, the functionality is already there...the skins just need to know how to ask for it.

And thanks for the comments. I hope to finally get the info panels for the music stuff done, putting me one step closer to having something I'm happy with releasing to the masses. Wink

no problem, take all the time you need. I appreciate what you guys are doing. I would rather have a polished finished for the most part skin than a beta skin anyday, I would rather wait until you deem it feature complete. so many skins start out as a great idea but never put it all together and all the lil polishing touches that make a truly great skin like pmIII or stark. What you guys are doing is different and unique but also so uniquely xbmc. I eagerly await testing this skin...

Here's what I've got done for the custom genre posters thus far. In the end, I'll have a set that has entries for everything asphinx has in the vivid sets. Wink

VVVVVV NEXT POST VVVVVVVV

Edit:

Let's have a contest, see if you can name every movie shown here. Winner gets...an early copy of Serenity?

That means all three seperate movies for each genre.

After looking myself, I realize this would be almost impossible. Especially since I don't even know the names of some of the sources I used. Wink

Still, to be fair...whoever can name the *most* movies shown will win. I'll clean out my PM box now.