Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- kizer - 2009-04-03

I really like how simple and clean the weather looks. No humidity and all that other nonsense. Just whats going on and the temp. I like it a lot.

- deano72 - 2009-04-03

Just downloaded the latest one on FTP (with emulators under apps). Tried to access weather supplemental. I get the option to choose 36 hours 10 days etc but it then says fetching weather and never finishes. Is that option not live yet on the version on FTP?
Cheers dean

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

kizer Wrote:I really like how simple and clean the weather looks. No humidity and all that other nonsense. Just whats going on and the temp. I like it a lot.

Thanks. I always wanted to just be able to see what the forecast was and then go on with my business, not have to click, and wait, and then go back...

There will also be a switch in the dropdown menu, that, when highlighted, will switch the panel to show all the current stats.

deano72 Wrote:Just downloaded the latest one on FTP (with emulators under apps). Tried to access weather supplemental. I get the option to choose 36 hours 10 days etc but it then says fetching weather and never finishes. Is that option not live yet on the version on FTP?
Cheers dean

Hang on, I'll upload what I've got here for you to try. The supplemental...is not loading maps ATM. It's not the script, I don't think, but TWC itself? IDK...it was working yesterday, and I haven't touched it since then.

New version should hit the FTP in about 15 mins? Have a go at it, the regular weather is on this one. Big Grin

- joebrady - 2009-04-04

on the newest witht the weather on the home screen, i'm getting some
"[COLOR=FFAAA" type of text for the coming up days behind the temps. I'm also seeing this type of text in the Big Info view for movies.

Maps were working for me.

Loving the emulators stuff on the home page. For icons, you just putting an image in the folder with the same name as the rom, or is that pulled somehow by launcher? I saw that it pulled an image for the systems that I set up, but didn't see how to get icons for the games themselves...

- deano72 - 2009-04-04

Joe, I had that problem with the latest xbmc build, used svn prior to that and it went away again.
Digital, weather works great on home screen many thanks!

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-04

joebrady Wrote:on the newest witht the weather on the home screen, i'm getting some
"[COLOR=FFAAA" type of text for the coming up days behind the temps. I'm also seeing this type of text in the Big Info view for movies.

Maps were working for me.

Loving the emulators stuff on the home page. For icons, you just putting an image in the folder with the same name as the rom, or is that pulled somehow by launcher? I saw that it pulled an image for the systems that I set up, but didn't see how to get icons for the games themselves...

The Color stuff is not a problem on the part of Serenity, but something in XBMC itself. I haven't narrowed it down any further, but I know that the last stable Jester build does not have this problem, and also has all the features needed by Serenity to function.

The last build that I know this problem is not present in is 18627. I'll see if I can't point this problem out to the devs.

For the emuicons, yes, I just have matching thumbs for all the images in one big "thumbs" folder which are named with the same-name as the game. You point launcher at the thumbs folder, and it makes the association automagically.

I forget where I got the info, but there was a dude who posted a link to a ROM-manager and sets of thumbnails where the program would scan your titles against a DB and then rename them to match the thumbs automatically, thus making them Launcher-friendly. The sets were limited to Snes/atari/NES, I believe.

You can also add your own images to the skin for your systems. The folder is "Serenity\media\EmuArt\". Just drop in w/e art you want for that system and it will be shown. Wink

Deano Wrote:Joe, I had that problem with the latest xbmc build, used svn prior to that and it went away again.
Digital, weather works great on home screen many thanks!

Glad you like it. Hopefully, I'll get the one-day stuff added yet today.

So...who would be really mad at me if I maybe pushed the release back another week or two to give me time to finish everything up? Between the new media flagging stuff and now having Launcher working again, I've got a lot more to add than I'd originally thought. I could possibly still have it done in time, but IDK if I'd be happy with what I was putting out...

- sinarquia - 2009-04-04

I'd be really mad, just updated to latest SVN just to be able to use Serenity Wink.
Just kidding, take your time, release something you're proud of, what's a few daysHuh

- joebrady - 2009-04-04

If the product is not delivered on time, then I'm not paying!Rofl

Dude, take your time, get it the way you want it, if it botheres someone, they can just suck it.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-05

sinarquia Wrote:I'd be really mad, just updated to latest SVN just to be able to use Serenity Wink.
Just kidding, take your time, release something you're proud of, what's a few daysHuh

Yeah, I don't foresee it taking longer than an extra week or so. I've got all the base features in that I want now...except for the info panels for music.

joebrady Wrote:If the product is not delivered on time, then I'm not paying!Rofl

Dude, take your time, get it the way you want it, if it botheres someone, they can just suck it.

I just remember my disappointment when I heard stark was gonna be out in a week, then it turned out to be three more months down the road. That will not be the case here.

So, if you're a tester, this week will be major crunch time. Save a few bugs that I'm already aware of, this is now where you can do your worst to the skin and report back here what you find. Hopefully, I can squash everything by this Wednesday and begin work on localization...at which point I will be needing some TRANSLATORS.

- rwparris2 - 2009-04-05

digitalhigh Wrote:So, if you're a tester, this week will be major crunch time. Save a few bugs that I'm already aware of, this is now where you can do your worst to the skin and report back here what you find. Hopefully, I can squash everything by this Wednesday and begin work on localization...at which point I will be needing some TRANSLATORS.

Don't say what you don't mean... Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-05

rwparris2 Wrote:Don't say what you don't mean... Wink

Oh, I always say exactly what I mean. Just ask my girlfriend...or the couch I sleep on afterwards. Wink

- Waffa - 2009-04-05

Laugh lol

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-06

Allright Parris2, I got your buglist done, and updated. Here's what I did:

Fixed: "COLOR=FFAAA..." being shown as text instead of actual string...needed to close the tags with [/COLOR]. DUH.

Fixed: Certain areas had no action on downpress. The only place this *should* still be occurring is on the "files" button in certain areas. This is to give the user the option to press down and select the current view container w/o refreshing contents. Let me know if I missed something.

Fixed: "Set Fanart Path" was too wide for the list it was in.

Fixed: "Set Fanart Path" disappears although no fanart path was set.

Fixed: "Weather" button takes you to a blank weather page.

Added: Fanart in various settings areas.

Updated: Layout in settings area. Looks much prettier.

Removed: Old test buttons in "customize" area. This section is not yet complete, so aesthetic features need not be pointed out. Wink

Added: Date+RSS info in Customize screen.

Fixed: Overlapping buttons in fullscreen Movie Info.

Fixed: Had "tagline" in fullscreen movie info displaying path for testing purposes.

Fixed/changed: Lists not wrapping when pressing up/down. pressing "left" in any list should take you to the main navbar.

Changed: Added tweening to all animations.

Changed: All list menus should have the same animation now.

Fixed: List Backgrounds not displaying all the time.

Fixed: Movie Posters being scaled incorrectly on some screens.

Added: Cust. Genre posters now work in listmodes.

And...I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten. I was up late last night fixing stuff. If anybody else out there has testing access, then please, download the newest version off of FTP (uploaded as of 9:30AM, APR 6 09) and put it through the paces. Let me know what is missing, broken, etc.

If you guys are too busy to test, that's cool, just let me know so I can find people who do have the time...

- deano72 - 2009-04-06

will download it now, and test and let you know tonight (appletv)

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-06

deano72 Wrote:will download it now, and test and let you know tonight (appletv)

Gimme a minute...RwParris2 just pointed out that I missed a few spots of that [color=FFFF] stuff. I've fixed it already, will upload right now.