Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-03

Thank you. Now I've only got to create similar sections for movies/tv shows/video files/plugins/programs, as well as figure out something creative for how the settings are to be displayed.

- kizer - 2009-02-03

skunkm0nkee Wrote:You do know that the options menu in MediaStream (info doesn't display in MS without pressing the info button) can be turned off in the settings don't you?

Now I feel stupid.

Settings > skin > general

Now we are talking. hahahaha

Ok, back on topic since I strayed. Wink I hope that this one has the same level of control if possible to really keep it simple, but enable nice things.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-02-03

If that's all there is left to do then your skin should be complete in a day or two Wink

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-03

skunkm0nkee Wrote:If that's all there is left to do then your skin should be complete in a day or two Wink

Oh, totally. This would probably be the case if several things weren't true.

1. My nickname isn't just a clever monicker. This sometimes causes me to forget what I was doing and start working on something else, leaving unfinished bits sitting until I see it later and go "Oh, crap...that's what I was doing."

2. I have this habit of obsessing over tiny details, while leaving the large bits I had intended on working on sitting while I spend hours trying to do one thing.

Wink

- kizer - 2009-02-04

digitalhigh Wrote:Here's a video. The screencap software sucked, so the album pictures and now playing pictures don't show up...as well as the conditional weather backgrounds...

View My Video

Basically, what you see in the menus is *about* it for what will be there by default. What you can add will be entirely up to you. Some of the plugins are just there for the crap of seeing how it worked too.

Wow, that was cool. I'm not sure if my connection was lagging a little or your video, but man that still looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it all polished up and released.

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-04

FWIW I think "settings" should be closer to other skins, as in a table of icons (see focus, pm3.hd, etc). That particular screen doesn't seem to fit the rest of the screen.

I'm also really interested in how file view is going to work, if you're in the mood for posting more skins Big Grin

Unless you can think of something awesome that is still usable, of course.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-04

rwparris2 Wrote:FWIW I think "settings" should be closer to other skins, as in a table of icons (see focus, pm3.hd, etc). That particular screen doesn't seem to fit the rest of the screen.

I'm also really interested in how file view is going to work, if you're in the mood for posting more skins Big Grin

Unless you can think of something awesome that is still usable, of course.

As I've looked into it more, yes, the settings section has to be (for the most part) like the other skins. It appears as if the majority of labels/controls in that setting are determined internally.

File view for...which section?

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-04

digitalhigh Wrote:File view for...which section?

music, videos, programs, whatever.

Just because everything is so varied & I may have 15 folders in one source, I'm just curious how that is being handled. Icons like other skins or will you be able to make it fit in the nav bar some how?

The general idea is to fit it into the menus, with the cover/icon image *possibly* displayed elsewhere on the screen. I haven't gotten to the files section yet...been working out the kinks in the music lib. Big Grin

I think it's safe to say that the views are going to def. try to stay away from the looks of other skins.

You gotta see this... - digitalhigh - 2009-02-04

I call it the "Ghost Playlist".

Whenever one of the menus to add songs has focus, the playlist will stay visible. Closing the lists hides the playlist (option to keep it on in setting, or disable it).

Then, pressing up from the navbar takes you to it, where you can view and select from the 10 next and 10 previous songs. The same feature will be in music files mode, and I'm going to try to get it to work for the video section too.

View My Video

Why? Because...I like to see what I'm playing while I'm adding it. And because I like being able to add multiple TV episodes to a playlist and watch them in a row.

Oh, and the jerkiness is due to the video recorder software, and then tinypic downscaling it. This runs smooth as a baby's behind in the wild.

- kizer - 2009-02-04

digitalhigh

No problem on the video. I was hoping it wasn't some bizzare feature in the skin. Laugh

Darn it. You posted another video, but I have to wait until I get home because work seems to pick and choose what hosts it doesn't agree with.

kizer Wrote:digitalhigh

No problem on the video. I was hoping it wasn't some bizzare feature in the skin. Laugh

Darn it. You posted another video, but I have to wait until I get home because work seems to pick and choose what hosts it doesn't agree with.

Nada. The only real delay occurs when I try to look at then entire unfiltered song list. Considering as how I've got over 17,000 files in my music library, that's not bad. Big Grin

New Mockups - digitalhigh - 2009-02-05

One of the possible views for TV Shows.

The playlist can be toggled as well...it's not required to be onscreen.

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-05

It looks very nice but I would suggest fading the fanart a little or doing something to make it feel a little less busy. I, at least, feel a bit overwhelmed with so much stuff going on on screen at once.

EDIT: on a second look, maybe fading out the fanart isn't the best choice, but i do feel like it could use something? Maybe a little empty space would help. But then again, maybe i'm the only one that feels this way Smile

movie library concept screens - keeganl - 2009-02-05

So here is what I am thinking about for the movie library. We're trying to keep you guys in the loop on what is going on with development. Digitalhigh seems to be doing a much better job than myself, so here is what was just sent over to Digital. The first screen is the movie library list and the second is an information panel. We have not come to a decision on whether or not the information panel will pop up automatically like aeon, or if it would be accessed on a button press, so sound off on your opinions. They are always welcomed. Enjoy the screens!