Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-05

timdog82001 Wrote:It looks very nice but I would suggest fading the fanart a little or doing something to make it feel a little less busy. I, at least, feel a bit overwhelmed with so much stuff going on on screen at once.

EDIT: on a second look, maybe fading out the fanart isn't the best choice, but i do feel like it could use something? Maybe a little empty space would help. But then again, maybe i'm the only one that feels this way Smile

Or maybe just have one row of episode images?

The playlist and now playing info are both optional. And the panel with the episode information slides out when you hover on the episode. Here's a picture while just scrolling through eps:

Edit: Also, which of these do you guys prefer?

Image[/quote]

- quake101 - 2009-02-05

I like the 2nd image better (the one with the list on the left and selected item info in the middle).

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-05

quake101 Wrote:I like the 2nd image better (the one with the list on the left and selected item info in the middle).

I like the 2nd one too. The first one seems really busy and goes against the rest of the skin.

I have a request which you may or may not be interested in doing... When I'm looking for a movie all I'm really interested in seeing is the title, the fanart, and the cover. So if you take the second screenshot (the one of tdk), remove everything in the middle and put the dvd cover under the list. Kind of like how the artists view is.
Fanart view in PM3.HD does this really well, except that it covers a lot of the fanart.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-05

So you want a poster view and an info view? The thought behind the 2nd pic was something like "you're scrolling down the list of names, when you stop, this display comes from off screen." What I could try doing is putting the poster at the bottom-left under the list like you suggested, then have the animation to slide the poster and info from the side after a delay. I'd then add a flag to the "settings" menu that would toggle this animation.

How does that sound?

How large would you like to see the poster? About the size it is in the concept?

- keeganl - 2009-02-06

I like both of the screens, but I was curious as to how the first one seemed to busy, when it actually has less on the screen than the second one?

This is how it would work. You would scroll down a regular list on the left, then you could either have a button press assigned to slide the list out and bring the movie information into the screen and then press it again and the information slide off the screen and the list would return. The other option being, that the information would slide into view on hover. You would stop on a title in the list and then the animation would begin by removing the list and then bringing the movie information into view just like aeon does.

As I said I like both screens, so maybe they could both make the final skin, so everyone can have a little choice.

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-06

keeganl Wrote:I like both of the screens, but I was curious as to how the first one seemed to busy, when it actually has less on the screen than the second one?

I kind of agree with it having a busy feeling even though you're right, there is less on screen. I think it's all about layout. Something about the way its set up in the first one just gives a it a little of a chaotic feel to me. The second one is just more settling on the eyes. It could also have to do with how everything is interacting with the fanart, though, so it may just be rather situational

- mfwilli - 2009-02-06

rwparris2 Wrote:I like the 2nd one too. The first one seems really busy and goes against the rest of the skin.

I have a request which you may or may not be interested in doing... When I'm looking for a movie all I'm really interested in seeing is the title, the fanart, and the cover. So if you take the second screenshot (the one of tdk), remove everything in the middle and put the dvd cover under the list. Kind of like how the artists view is.
Fanart view in PM3.HD does this really well, except that it covers a lot of the fanart.

I'll second this. I don't think alot of plot info is necessary unless a button is pushed. I'd like to just see a list of several titles on the left, with the poster of the selected movie under the list...or even in the bottom right corner (tilted?). That way the fan art is the main focus.

As for TV Shows...I think having more than one episode image on screen jumbles it up...I'd like to see it the way I described the movie library.

Just some thoughts...the skin looks great so far.

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-06

mfwilli Wrote:I'll second this. I don't think alot of plot info is necessary unless a button is pushed. I'd like to just see a list of several titles on the left, with the poster of the selected movie under the list...or even in the bottom right corner (tilted?). That way the fan art is the main focus.

As for TV Shows...I think having more than one episode image on screen jumbles it up...I'd like to see it the way I described the movie library.

Just some thoughts...the skin looks great so far.

The rough version I made this afternoon works precisely like that...list above poster image, fanart switches FAST as you scroll. The animation/plot should be quite easy to add so that when you press right from the list, it will pop up the middle-ized display shown. I'll probably throw in a skin setting to make it so you can choose to have the automatic animation if you want.

For the TV seasons, I see your point. While I don't know about totally scrapping the episode image layout, I'll def. incorporate something that's more in-line with the theme of the skin.

Thanks to everybody for the input...keep watching for new info. I should have some more screenies up by the end of the weekend...if the GF lets me work. Big Grin

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-10

New screens of the video library at work. The first two pictures are browsing genres and then browsing the movies list.

The second two (four) are examples of a the left and middle movie info sections. Currently, you can select between these two.

However, I wasn't happy with the way it looked onscreen, so I came up with the third view, which really strikes me as cool.

But, this isn't just my skin...so I wanted all your opinions. Which of these views do you prefer??

- kizer - 2009-02-10

Looking good man. I can't wait to give it a spin. Wink

- aart - 2009-02-10

That last viewtype is very good. Calm and clear.

aart Wrote:That last viewtype is very good. Calm and clear.

Thanks. I'd been toying around with different screen locations, trying to find a way to incorporate Keegan's designs while still keeping the screen as clear as possible. What I ended up with was removing the poster entirely from the list and leaving it in the corner. This gives you a lot more movie titles to see, and it removes the unsightly animation I was using to go between the two poster locations.

Plus, yes, with a fanart image that's darker, this looks really nice. Big Grin

- rwparris2 - 2009-02-10

have you tested on a solid white background to see if your text is still readable? (i.e. it's always sunny in Philadelphia fanart)

- paul - 2009-02-10

digitalhigh Wrote:New screens of the video library at work. The first two pictures are browsing genres and then browsing the movies list.

The second two (four) are examples of a the left and middle movie info sections. Currently, you can select between these two.

However, I wasn't happy with the way it looked onscreen, so I came up with the third view, which really strikes me as cool.

But, this isn't just my skin...so I wanted all your opinions. Which of these views do you prefer??

Out of those views i prefer Genre.jpg instead of list.jpg
and Left1.jpg instead of Mid1.jpg
and Mid2 as oposed to Left2.jpg
And right2.jpg as oposed to Right.jpg

These luck the simplest and cleanest in my oppinion, hope i picked your favourites if not sorry but i like what i like, keep up the great work so far