Kodi Community Forum
TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime? (/showthread.php?tid=44667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TheTVDB.com Scraper absolute_number for Anime? - acaranta - 2009-01-30

Hi everyone ...

As I posted somewhere else in here, I tryied to code a scraper for anidb.net, but I couldn't find an easy way to do it ....

But I found that TheTVDB had nearly anything I needed for my Animes ... except that, for example, Naruto was tagged with around 10 Season, whereas my files are tagged as a single season of 220 episodes ....

I found (and read here) that TVDB was providing "absolute_number" which could fit nicely my needs ...

So I modified thetvdb.xml to add an parameter "Force Single Season (use absolute_number)" which returns to XBMC that all episodes gathered from TVdb are in Season 1 and uses absolute_number ...

And it works fine Wink

Shall I post it here or give it to someone to commit the changes after tests ?

Or anything else ? Wink

PS : I just need some final changes to allow Single Season Animes to responds normally when The "Force Single Season switch" is active, but that's just for lazy people like me :p

NB : Sorry for the ceretificate warning if it happens for the picture Wink

- acaranta - 2009-01-30

Of course this means that your anime episodes should be named "S01Exx" Wink

But that is really easy ! Or at least easier than going to rename as every seasons in tvdb.

- spiff - 2009-01-30

trac please. and this is awesome Smile

the option should be named 'Use Absolute Ordering' though.

also it should be fairly simple to hack episode-only expressions in there (to avoid the renaming)

- acaranta - 2009-01-30

Please pardon my ignorance ... the url of xbmc trac ? Wink

- spiff - 2009-01-30

cleverly hidden as

xbmc.org/trac

;P

- acaranta - 2009-01-30

ok found the url :p so dumb on friday evening Wink

- acaranta - 2009-01-30

Wow ... err ... i'll search how to add asap ... because I have to go to a concert right now ... but normally before tomorrow it should be available (as soon as I'll know how to use trac ... I use subversion a lot, but never really used trac :p )

- spiff - 2009-01-30

basically CVideoInfoScanner::EnumerateSeriesFolder

you need a new set of expressions that is to be run if all others fail

- acaranta - 2009-01-31

Ok ... Patch submitted to TRAC :
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5804

I merged the changes from revision I had missed
I changed the option name to "Use Absolute Numbering"
And Commented the code within the xml.

Wink

- spiff - 2009-01-31

r17482

- goku31640 - 2009-02-02

Quick question, how does this effect "Specials" Episodes that are named S0Exx, because those do not have absolute numbers, but are within the same folder?

- spiff - 2009-02-02

afaik nothing change wrt to specials...

- goku31640 - 2009-02-03

I just checked, Special episodes are ignored, so when adding by absolute number, Season 0 episodes are not added to the library. Is there any way to add them?

- acaranta - 2009-02-03

Well ... This is my next part of "the plan" :p

I want that when in absolute_number mode, the episodes without absolute_number should be returned with thier usual season numbers. Instead of being ignored.

Which should mean S0Exx and S01xxx should be available ...

I'll keep up asap !

- goku31640 - 2009-02-03

acaranta Wrote:Well ... This is my next part of "the plan" :p

I want that when in absolute_number mode, the episodes without absolute_number should be returned with thier usual season numbers. Instead of being ignored.

Which should mean S0Exx and S01xxx should be available ...

I'll keep up asap !

Sweet. I dont know if you read my comment before you posted that, but if you did then... alright I contributed a little to xbmc Smile

If not then Sad

But thanks for the Great work absolute numbering was a much needed addition to the scraper (i'm surprised it wasn't in there before)