Kodi Community Forum
Horizonz IV release discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: Horizonz IV release discussion (/showthread.php?tid=44771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Volume IV: Foreword And Release - xb2iris - 2009-02-01

Foreword

First of all, thanks for the patience and support. It's been an age since Volume III hit these forums, and regretfully, it was a hell of a trip getting from that version to this one, for obvious reasons. First things first, thank you to all of you who have donated to the PC Fund, and made it possible to be picking up a new PC in the week. I'll also like to itterate my thanks to all the guys and girls who have kept this forum running over the last month while I've been ultra busy. Your messages, and (entertainment) have kept hope alive on this project, and I thank each and every one of your for whatever kinda post you've made, whether encouraging, excited, suggestive, or dam right crazy. And to the latest bunch of crazy conversations, dam, u guys know how to knock each other outta the ballpark. Finally BlackRose got the kinda conversation she enjoys having. LOL!!!

Anyways, so here it is, Volume IV. It has 95% of the suggestions i've made in the Feature Packs, and a few more. But sadly, I haven't had the time, or internet access, to collect the Donatees Nicks so I could put you guys in Volume IV as I promised. But you guys know who you are, so heres another Thank You from me to you. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the new release. It's probably buggy as crap, so let me know whats happening and I'll add it to my TODO list for Volume V. On a sad note, Progress will slow down a bit due to my hectic work schedule, but I'll try my best to keep things ticking with progress reports and so on. Concepts will change, and Volume V will be a graphical update. Anyways, enjoy and stay well. I think this was worth the wait, but who knows, maybe it sucks, LOL! L8r boys and girls! No screenshots for now, coz they've already been spread all over the place. So look for them in here if u want!!! I'll update the release thread after this, but I don't have the time now, to update the screeners, sorry dudes!

Updates And Changes

- Updated Frame System across the skin providing much needed uniformity
- Updated Light Crest Effect inefficiencies across the skin
- Updated Home Scrollers so they are less transparent and more visually catchy
- Updated Poster view by correcting certain defects
- Updated Scroller Offset Panel to accompany the new Object Count Panel
- Updated Shutdown Menu Time Panel visibilty and eliminated certain inefficiencies
- Updated Info view Frame Animation in Episodes section
- Updated Time Panel Width so longer date displays aren't cut off
- Updated Thumb-Frame Allignment across the skin
- Updated Now Playing Frame with progress bar to fit in better with the Universal Frame System
- Updated Info View Panel in Movies and TV Shows sections so it suits new Universal Frame
- Updated Media Focus Label to exclude all unneccessary information
- Updated Music and Video Scan Dialogs so that they fit in better and contain progress bars
- Updated Player Control position and size to suit new Dialog Panel system
- Updated Muted and Volume Dialog Panels so it performs better with each other and other panels
- Updated Non-Home Now Playing Panel so it doesn't obscure certain Views
- Updated Yes/No, OK and Busy Dialogs so it fits in better with the rest of the Skin
- Updated OSD Frames to replicate their Universal Media Orientated Frame
- Updated Showcase view for Pictures so backdrop thumbs' aspect ratio are maintained
- Updated Shutdown Timer Dialog so it matches other dialogs
- Updated Now Playing Lower Home Scroller Shadow Underlay
- Updated Setup Menu by changing the Aeon shortcut to Horizonz
- Updated Horizonz Setup Menu item wise by editing individual item tags
- Updated Showcase and Info views for smoother backdrop changing on certain systems
- Updated Default Grey Image so it looks more presentable on brighter displays
- Updated Media Glass Wide and Short Panels so they are less blurry in places
- Updated Core System Section to include Creators Zone with a Special Thanks Tab
- Updated Use Wide Icons Option to disable use of Wall view in TV Shows Section
- Updated Video Info window to accomodate the use of Wide Icons in TV Shows Section
- Updated Progress Bars on fullscreen media information OSDs
- Updated Music Info Panel in Picture Slideshows so it fits in better with Dialog system
- Added New Universal Frame to All media-orientated sections
- Added New Use Wide Icons Option for use of Diagonally modifed Banners in Tv Shows section
- Added New Diagonal Wide Frame to List, Poster, Info and Showcase Views in the Tv Shows section
- Added New Dialog System across the skin to accompany the new Object Count Panel
- Added New Object Count panel to All media-orientated sections including Showcase views
- Added New Nav Panel to Music and Video OSDs for better control over media navigation
- Added Media Scan navigation to Nav panel for smooth navigation and progress information
- Added Watched/Unwatched Episode Count to all views in TV Shows section
- Added Startup M3U Playlist Support to Horizonz Startup
- Added Lower Home Shader RSS Support as well as an accompanying Disc Inserted Panel for each Shade
- Added New Vis Panel to Music OSD to display visualisation information
- Added New Optional Watched/Unwatched Overlays to Movies and TV Shows sections
- Added New Wall Info panel which is less animated and central to the Wall itself
- Added Picture Info support to Pictures section as well as Info in Slideshow
- Added Use Poster Icons option for use of Normal Posters in TV Shows section
- Added Progress Bar to Now Playing Panel for all media types
- Added Use Original Time Panel option to display the original time panel on the home screen
- Added Trainer Settings support for XBOX users
- Added Smart Playlist and Smart Playlist Rule Support for playlist creation
- Added Dialog Line to Showcase view's label display
- Added New Readme.txt to skin for better correspondence and support
- Added changes.txt to include changes made from build to build
- And more...

Download

Vol. IV (Mediafire)

Horizonz IV release discussion - Livin - 2009-02-01

Since the main thread is WAY overloaded....

Lets keep version IV discussions here.

- Livin - 2009-02-01

xb2iris,
nice release!

A few things I noticed...

1) In 'TV Shows' -- how can I remove "(W:, USmile" from the display?
- I tried turning off Watched overlays, thinking it was this?

2) Frames seems to be a very personal preference. I'm wondering if just removing the frames completely... this would allow the image to be larger (easier to see for us old people) and end the requests for changes.

3) I like the addition of the small angled panels at the bottom... are you planning to match the time/weather & RSS panels to that style... I think it would be cool!

again, thx for the release!

- HexusOdy - 2009-02-01

Love everything else, can't live with the new frame. Gone back to III unfortunately.

- pletopia - 2009-02-01

i did this to get the scan dialog to pop up ..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=277715&postcount=903

it is coming up .. but not properly as you can see
both tv and movie scan look similiar

- Rocky5 - 2009-02-01

pletopia Wrote:i did this to get the scan dialog to pop up ..
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=277715&postcount=903

it is coming up .. but not properly as you can see
both tv and movie scan look similiar...

I have edited the Dialogue so that its bigger and centred in the texture you can see it in the screenshots but i never put in the location as i don't think that is needed as you know where its scanning from ( Well you should know ).

Here is my dialogVideoScan.xml with it fixed.

Horizonz Volume IV DialogVideoScan Fix

Image Image

- Doraemonn - 2009-02-01

Awesome, thanks for that fix!

I have to say, I like the new skin as a whole, but those new frames have got to go. the top-left corner is badly drawn, but even if it were perfect it still doesn't work. Then the dynamic info panel is up in Info views, the asymmetrical frame also creates a weird optical illusion whereby the panel looks bent out of shape as well.

I do hope someone fixes it, as the rest of the skin is very nice.

One thing though - is it just me or has the RSS feed stopped working?

- Rocky5 - 2009-02-01

what is the frames are you talking about this?

if so i can put a xpr together with the old version but you may need to edit some xml files.

- pletopia - 2009-02-01

Rocky5 Wrote:I have edited the Dialogue so that its bigger and centred in the texture you can see it in the screenshots but i never put in the location as i don't think that is needed as you know where its scanning from ( Well you should know ).

Here is my dialogVideoScan.xml with it fixed.

Horizonz Volume IV DialogVideoScan Fix

Image Image

thx .. works great now Smile

my only suggestion for this dialog would be maybe to somehow let the user know the progress of the scan

in Rocky's fix .. where it says Library .. how about have it cycle through the letters of the alphabet which correlate with the progress

this would also mesh well with the rest of the skin cause normally that part of the dialog box holds a single letter that correlates with the item selected

- neal73 - 2009-02-01

A few niggles from me...

The RSS feed takes ages to get going. It should be as soon as it starts up.

Fanart - far too slow to load, and that "eye" background inbetween them is annoying.

If anyone knows how to fix both of these, I'll be a happy bunny.

- Livin - 2009-02-02

I am not having any RSS issues from what I can tell.

I'm wondering what it would look like if we completely remove all the cover frames, in every category... I don't think they really add anything, and they may detract considering there is already so much eye candy on screen.

- HexusOdy - 2009-02-02

Rocky5 Wrote:what is the frames are you talking about this?

if so i can put a xpr together with the old version but you may need to edit some xml files.

Yeah thats the one ROcky, and I know there are alot of others who would rather do without it. Seems to be a 50/50 split at the moment. I just think its quality is below the rest of the skin.

- ppic - 2009-02-02

hi, is there a way to translate it ?
i would like to translate it in french.

is there an easy way or should I search in files?

- Rocky5 - 2009-02-02

OK here are the old one i replaced them all though we don't get the Xbox DVD case now.

Download Horizonz Volume IV Old Frames Unprotected Sorry never noticed.

Image Image Image Image

- Cranial - 2009-02-02

Rocky5 Wrote:OK here are the old one i replaced them all though we don't get the Xbox DVD case now.

Good man.

What do we do with the .xpr ?