Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- BliBlaBlo - 2009-02-17

I am sooooo excited!!!! Looks really great!!!!!!!!! Love it Smile Can't wait Smile

- sirreef - 2009-02-17

HexusOdy Wrote:Sirreef, do you run Get Video Artwork? I've noticed most work is your own.

No but I provide about 80% of the movie poster artwork.

Quote:If so why not make it so the artwork can be scraped? It will get alot more recognition here and alot more contributors.

Like I mentioned above, if I can get a programmer - I'm game. I just don't have the time, and thus the inclination to put one together quickly. If I could get programming assistance, I'd be all over it.

- CapnBry - 2009-02-17

nekrosoft13 Wrote:why? both should be displayed, i understand for some people having one audio is not a issue.
Take it to the hdflagging thread in Feature Requests, but the reason is so that skin developers don't have to write a massive section of skin code and leave a space for each and every audio codec, video codec, subtitle language, and audio language.

- CapnBry - 2009-02-17

djh_ Wrote:Is the new system active yet?
It is in the hdflagging branch but it is still being cleaned up a bit before going into trunk.

- djh_ - 2009-02-18

tuckbodi Wrote:Hey Duncan, I'm curious if you're aware/planning to use the improvements JMarshall is doing...

If he's unifying the image and largeimage controls then I doubt I'll need to do anything. The performance is pretty much perfect on HTPC at present so I don't feel a need to optimise. If there are ATV-specific issues and enough people wanting them resolved, I'll look at it after release.

- pletopia - 2009-02-18

Pr.Sinister Wrote:... 1500+ movies and 275 Full Series of TV Shows ...

wow .. impressive collection .. and i thought my ~4tb of media was impressive

- Batemann - 2009-02-18

djh_ Wrote:Well, it only bypasses the cache for the info pages which use one thumbnail at a time. The cache is actually very important as without it the coverflows etc. would just die. I'm working on a desktop which uses samba shares over wireless, so I've plenty of experience with that. The big thumbnails load instantly unless the hard drive has to spin up, which is fair enough. On the HTPC they're actually stored on, there's no discernable load time at all.

In fact, while XBMC performance under Windows 7 (my install, at least) seems to be entirely unpredictable, the skin-wide performance on my less powerful XP machine is sublime. Really smooth.

Thanx for the info Duncan. I appreciate all your work immensly.

- Batemann - 2009-02-18

djh_ Wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. It's House Of The Dead night tonight but I'll see if I can find a second to finish it.

You've got your Priorities straight, but I second the request for a guide that tells me Im gonna have to redo all my library-work again. ;-)

- c411um - 2009-02-18

strangedaze39 Wrote:If you guys want to prepare your artwork for the new info view (which will require at least 1080p or 720p depending on your set for maximum resolution). Here's a great artwork site, it has itunes style, and my favorite part is every cover is sharp and is rid of all the small text that you find on posters (like opening 3-5-02 or the credits) It doesn't have everything but it sure has a lot.

Give it a go:
Get Video Artwork

+10!!!

thx

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-02-18

pletopia Wrote:wow .. impressive collection .. and i thought my ~4tb of media was impressive

I currently have ~6TB and i am getting 2 more 1 TB drives to replace 2 of my
small aging 250giggers. And i still have about 60 DVDs that need to be ripped
to my file server Smile. It is gonna be a pain modifying the library but so worth it
to upgrade from Aeon/Horizonz to Stark!

- strangedaze39 - 2009-02-18

@sirreef: I couldn't be happier to give you guys credit! I've probably seen your tag on about 80% or more of the artwork on the site so I totally recognize your name :p Glad I have a chance to thank you first hand...Thanks a ton!!

It would be amazing to see you get involved with XBMC. On the art/graphics side or coding side.
Thanks again! Hope to see you around.

BTW: Let me know if I can help in anyway, feel free to give me a PM.

Sorry to get off topic djh Oo

@Pr.Sinister :o That's insane! In a good way. Awesome collection, I can't imagine maintaining a database that large, hope you have some good tools to help ya. I do agree Stark is a worthy upgrade though. BTW I would love to see a picture of your HTPC and or server.

- djh_ - 2009-02-18

Figured I'd post this. It's a page from the PDF manual that'll come with Aeon when it's released. There are exerpts covering preparing your media which I'll post shortly. Hopefully it explains the delay.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to make high quality PDFs in InDesign I'd love to hear from them.

- ethan_9219 - 2009-02-18

Can't wait for it...That manual even looks stunning.

- ethan_9219 - 2009-02-18

...As for creating high quality PDFs...

When exporting make sure to choose "Press Quality" as it is higher than "High Quality".

Make sure to turn off all down sampling as well.

But, if the primary distribution method of the manual is a digital PDF, then i think Press Quality might be overkill.

------

Actually, i'm guessing you probably know what i just wrote, most probably more...So i'm guessing i didn't actually help at all...Sorry

- D-Town - 2009-02-18

It's nice that it seems that the flaging sytem might just be a simple name change of the file