Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- mrt2 - 2009-02-19

CapnBry Wrote:Hey a skin that uses hdflagging information, nice! (even if it is only using the filename for now) For the record, you can't have DTS and Dolby Digital in the new system because they are both audio codecs and only the "best" is exported to the skin (the first with the highest channel count). May want to revise the layout to be resolution | acodec | channels.

This means that all you have to do is rename the filename or folder name for the movie to be HD flag ready?

- CapnBry - 2009-02-20

mrt2 Wrote:This means that all you have to do is rename the filename or folder name for the movie to be HD flag ready?
No, the file just has to be in your video library for it to be HD flag ready. A background scanner operation probes the files and stores the information in the database.

And for those who wanted both DTS *and* DD icons for the same file (because it has 2 audio tracks), I've changed to exporting all stream info to the skin. This means you've got ListItem.AudioCodec1 through N, or just 0 for the "best". You cannot however say ListItem.HasAudioCodecDTS or anything like that.

- pletopia - 2009-02-20

CapnBry Wrote:No, the file just has to be in your video library for it to be HD flag ready. A background scanner operation probes the files and stores the information in the database.

And for those who wanted both DTS *and* DD icons for the same file (because it has 2 audio tracks), I've changed to exporting all stream info to the skin. This means you've got ListItem.AudioCodec1 through N, or just 0 for the "best". You cannot however say ListItem.HasAudioCodecDTS or anything like that.

umm .. what are you talking about .. at this moment .. xbmc does not have media scannign built into it so it can not enter such data into the db .. hence skins can not use such information since it doesn't exist

djh has said repeatedly that for now, until these features are added to xbmc, stark will pull the flags from file names (and hopefully also dir names .. which he posted earlier it would)

- djh_ - 2009-02-20

I think you may have missed something.

- mrt2 - 2009-02-20

djh_ Wrote:I think you may have missed something.

So what is the right info? The folder/file names right?

- djh_ - 2009-02-20

Capnbry currently has an update ready for XBMC which reads the information direct from the files themselves. This removes any need for renaming for the audio and video info flags. Only the video source flag is read from the filename.

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-02-20

video source? you mean like Blu-ray? HD-DVD? etc..

- mrt2 - 2009-02-20

What version of XBMC is everyone running? I'm running the default (Atlantis) version that's on the main download page/link... I know there are other versions and SVN's out there but are there really any advantages to these newer version (besides the DISadvantage of them no longer scraping from IMDB)...?

- Aenima99x - 2009-02-20

mrt2 Wrote:(besides the DISadvantage of them no longer scraping from IMDB)...?
That's no longer the case, the IMDB scraper was re-enabled again. It's just not set as the default, but it's there.

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-20

This is sort of offtopic, but yeah there's been some stuff. Weather fanart, karaoke for the SDL ports, music fanart...actually there's a bunch, but rather than listing it all here, you can read it for yourself: http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

I'm pretty sure that only lists stuff that's already been added to svn.

- K-FleX - 2009-02-20

djh_ Wrote:Oh, and if anyone knows how to make high quality PDFs in InDesign I'd love to hear from them.

ethan_9219 Wrote:When exporting make sure to choose "Press Quality" as it is higher than "High Quality".

Make sure to turn off all down sampling as well.

But, if the primary distribution method of the manual is a digital PDF, then i think Press Quality might be overkill.

This is a couple of days old but I do this daily at work so I have some tips for you. I'm with ethan, It's a fine balance between quality and size.

My suggestions for a PDF that is used on screen predominately:
  1. Start by selecting the "High Quality Print" Preset up the top
  2. Make sure you have spreads turned off if you are designing your manual with facing pages (spreads prints pages side by side)
  3. Ensure compatibility goes back to PDF 1.4 (or Acrobat 5)
  4. Under the "Compression" section I like to:
    • Set Bicubic downsampling to 150ppi
    • Set the image quality to "High" (Max doesn't really add that much to the image quality but bloats the file size big time)
    • Repeat for greyscale images
  5. Export and examine quality versus file size - Adjust the ppi according to taste - rinse & repeat

This should give you a high quality output without all the bloat in the file.

Another couple of tips:
  • You have the option to change the Doc colour space into RGB as this might be advantageous to the color in your RGB screenshots (I never touch this though)
  • You can run the "PDF Optimizer" & "Reduce File Size" under Acrobat Pro. This is especially necessary if you make changes in Acrobat - I have had problems where it will bloat my 100kb forms out to over 2 mb with a simple text change.

Enjoy

- stokedfish - 2009-02-20

This looks awesome, wow.

- .nimrod - 2009-02-20

something that i recently noticed in other skins as well, is that in showcase view, you can see the next reflection through the previous one

maybe you could have the reflections opaque and a transparent overlay of that bottom texture "between" (layer-wise) the covers and their reflections.

it's really a minor thing, and your work so far is really outstanding and enough reason for me to finally build an htpc to replace my good old xbox.
can't wait for the end of march Smile

- asphinx - 2009-02-21

So I am not the only who noticed the reflection "thingy"? Wink

On another matter though, I'm wondering regarding the suggested postersize, if posters at their largest size were to be "upped" to 1080p to mantain the aspect ratio (when compared to 680x1000px) that means the new size would be 735x1080px. At least according to my calculations. Or are they going to have a different aspect ratio? measuring the third preview screen of Aeon Stark (movie: Wanted) the ratio is not the same as the 680x1000px size posters... Okay, that explanation went too long now, simple version;
what height x width measurements are you djh_ suggesting for the 1080p poster size?

- djh_ - 2009-02-21

You're right that there is a discrepancy between the poster sizes at the moment, which I largely blame on there being no de facto standard for posters in general. Some are taller, others fatter. I guess I should make the info view respect the aspect ratio of the thumbnail views. I'll let you know as soon as something's set.