Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-08

Discaciate Wrote:To the beta testers: What happens when you change the XBMC language?
Does other languages work fine?

I really wish to know that (but I won't give my left nut for it).

I don't see why the other languages would look any worse than English.

double post

- User 42580 - 2009-03-08

smcnally75 Wrote:I don't see why the other languages would look any worse than English.

They do on some skins.
Sometimes the word is much bigger in portuguese than it is in english, and that makes the text not fit the designated space. In MediaStream, for example, there is a problem in some places because "Off" is "Desligar" in portuguese, a much bigger word.
Of course, I have no idea if that happens on Aeon. That's why I have asked for feedback.

Also, since Aeon seems to have a lot of custom text, I wonder if they will get translated.

Here's screenshots in "Portuguese/Brazil"

- djh_ - 2009-03-08

I should leap in at this point and say that the strings.xml file hasn't been localised in those screens, hence the English text. If someone were to translate that file, as some people are doing now, the whole thing would be translated. The other thing of note is that the fonts haven't been optimised for international characters yet, hence the weird upper/lower case thing.

Tell you what, though, it's looks pretty wicked in Korean.

Thx for posting.

It looks kinda bad... All the diacritical signs are on lowercase, and quite a bit of the text is untranslated.

Not a big problem for me, but the rest of the family will have a harder time.

Thx again for the images. Really kind of you.

djh_ Wrote:I should leap in at this point and say that the strings.xml file hasn't been localised in those screens, hence the English text. If someone were to translate that file, as some people are doing now, the whole thing would be translated. The other thing of note is that the fonts haven't been optimised for international characters yet, hence the weird upper/lower case thing.

Tell you what, though, it's looks pretty wicked in Korean.

I know zero of coding, but I can translate it to the best of my abilities.
If you want, just send me the .xml file you want to have translated to Brazilian Portuguese (It will be pretty similar to Portugal Portuguese).

- delirial - 2009-03-08

If you need a spanish translation, send me a PM with the location of the xml (if it comes with the default XBMC installer), or send the file to me via email.

regards,
delirial

- jtap06 - 2009-03-08

Hi, can someone post some screens of the TV Shows banner view and the episode view?

That is, if there still is one. Thanks!

- MrIcka - 2009-03-08

Sweeeet eye candy!

- tassitassi - 2009-03-08

I'm not a big fan of the folder images in cover flow. Especially not the grey wave at the bottom. Another thing that is bothering me is that there's multiple cover arts in music mode even though you're only browsing one album. Here's what I mean:

- djh_ - 2009-03-08

I'm aware that the multiple covers are quite unpopular. I'll see about making it so fewer are visible when there are one or two items.

- Hitcher - 2009-03-08

I just find that whole image worrying. Wink

- djh_ - 2009-03-08

That image is awesome. I was hoping it'd freak out the YouTube crowd and it only took four comments. Nod

- natew - 2009-03-08

djh_ Wrote:I'm aware that the multiple covers are quite unpopular. I'll see about making it so fewer are visible when there are one or two items.

Wouldn't it be possible to make a simple dedicated "Songs" view to fix this?