Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

- onesojourner - 2009-02-07

Finally we have a date. 2 months unless your one of the lucky ones. I guess I need to start getting my fanart in order. Looks great.

- jarod71 - 2009-02-07

mcfreiz Wrote:screenshots are beautiful but looks like it will crush the xbox
is this going to be a xbox friendly skin (memory-wise)?

I hope a lot of these ideas make it into a xbox friendly skin. I hope we get a version that can run on xbox, alot of great skins but all need polish, this looks finished from beginning to end. I know the future is in HD but I am not planning on giving up on my xbox just yet....

- krypt2nite - 2009-02-07

This is so impressive. djh, I've loved your look for HTPC front ends ever since I started using XBMC, or I should say when I used Meedio and was using a certain skin for that. =p

I am so excited about this skin and is really going to make my 52 Samsung 650 LCD pop. Using HDMI, and 1080p. Most of my 1700 movie collection is the way I want it, but now that I've finally seen the full screen poster view you were telling us about, I'm inspired to go through and really make sure all my posters are of the highest quality. Lets get to work. Thanks for the new screens.

- paul - 2009-02-08

jarod71 Wrote:I hope a lot of these ideas make it into a xbox friendly skin. I hope we get a version that can run on xbox, alot of great skins but all need polish, this looks finished from beginning to end. I know the future is in HD but I am not planning on giving up on my xbox just yet....
well i know i will be makeing it work for my xbox if i can get horizon Version4 working ok
then i should be able to do the same with stark i like you are not intending to upgrade for a long time to come as and when i get a working copy on my xbox i will post it for all xbox users to enjoy

- LaTropa64 - 2009-02-08

djh_ Wrote:Movie ratings are displayed according to the rating values in your database. There is a specific syntax that complies with that of the IMDb, though the current scrapers have problems thanks to the IMDb splitting its ratings between two fields - the clowns. So nfo files and a bit of elbow grease are advised. As for the other flags, I'm still waiting on the proper support to come in so they're currently based on filenames.

What's the correct way for it to be in the nfo file? All my exported nfo's have the MPAA rating similar to this:

<mpaa>Rated R for violence and some language.</mpaa>

- eQUIV - 2009-02-08

I have already submitted alot of high resolution posters/box art to themoviedb.org, I was originally submitting them at a height of 1000p, but from now on I will do them at 1080p, i guess that makes more sense. This new info view looks very nice.

- jarod71 - 2009-02-08

paul Wrote:well i know i will be makeing it work for my xbox if i can get horizon Version4 working ok
then i should be able to do the same with stark i like you are not intending to upgrade for a long time to come as and when i get a working copy on my xbox i will post it for all xbox users to enjoy

thank you for all your efforts. i am not sure we can do that full poster view but alot of the other views should work with downsized fanart and movie covers etc. hopefully. I am on the fence on what my next move will be beyond xbox. htpc still cost a lot more and alot more tweaking to get right. I hope one day there will be like a very good reference hardware we can run xbmc on, but now it is just too many variables and so little time.

I like appletv but it is under powered. i love what there doing with plex on the mac but i cannot afford a mac just for my tv.

xbox is easiest with great out of box options, not to mention cheapest and I still love a lot of the great games I have for it, emulators etc...

- paul - 2009-02-08

I agree with you on that one it does a great job for the money. but the hd nuts would say the pictures crap, but these people want to remember we only had b/w for long enough t's only a matter of time before HD gets replaced with something bigger and better and more expensive.

- jarod71 - 2009-02-08

paul Wrote:I agree with you on that one it does a great job for the money. but the hd nuts would say the pictures crap, but these people want to remember we only had b/w for long enough t's only a matter of time before HD gets replaced with something bigger and better and more expensive.

well, i bought a 42 inch edtv plasma for this reason. it looks amazing with 720 and 1080 hdtv channels and regular 700mb xvid upscales very nicely at 480p with xbox. the problem is if something happens to this tv, i will not be able to replace it. it is hard to find a 720p plasma these days, i don't want to debate lcd vs. plasma, I prefer plasma but 1080p is the minimum spec now. in a year, u will be hardpressed to find any tv that is not 1080p.

I may pick up a 720p plasma and hope for the best, but it would be wise to plan around 1080p for the future...

there are days i miss my 27inch sony trinitron lol....

- PantsOnFire - 2009-02-08

I think it's true about moaners, an xbox back in the day might have cost you £300 or so. An htpc which can do 1080 would probly cost you around the same?

C'mon.. it's not like you're getting a raw deal with all the HD downloads you can get.

- jarod71 - 2009-02-08

PantsOnFire Wrote:I think it's true about moaners, an xbox back in the day might have cost you £300 or so. An htpc which can do 1080 would probly cost you around the same?

C'mon.. it's not like you're getting a raw deal with all the HD downloads you can get.

ur right and ur wrong lol. I didn't get into xbmx untill a used xbox was around $90.00, no they are 40-50 dollars. and with the hd adapter they provide a lot for the money. I want a pc that is smaller and more quiet and boots directly into xbmc just like the xbox. I will eventually build or buy something to that effect but u cannot do it for under 100 dollars like xbox.

- Wir3d - 2009-02-08

Each to their own...
I'm pretty sure there are currently more XBMC-XBOX users than XBMC-HTPC users.
It all depends on which group of people you want to cut out.

- warwon - 2009-02-08

Looks good (to bad we lost IMDB), but I have fix that issue for myself.

I hope DJH takes me into consideration for testing, shurgs.

Anyways good job, can't wait Smile

- Bob___ - 2009-02-08

But please can we stop the discussion about a Xbox version of that skin. Every time the same story! The Xbox is "dead" and that is a fact. Sooner or later the HTPC User are in the majority (and to me this situation is already there).

IMHO it is a sacrilege to change Aeon Stark into a version for a system which is not a competitive HD platform.

- xbs08 - 2009-02-08

A lite mod will appear Smile