Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR working in XBMC for Linux (/showthread.php?tid=45314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- dongioia - 2009-03-31

Does the patches apply to the latest version (vdpau enabled)?

- el_sacateca - 2009-04-01

Hello freezy,

Thanks for sharing your work. I have used sections of your guide to install VDR and XBMC with the make -j2 option, VDR is working fine with the xinelibouput plugin, but I am having issues with XBMC.

I was wondeing if you could take the time to at least read this and give me your opinion, or if anyone else have seen this problem.

Everytime I try to watch a channel a pop up message appears with the words "Buffering.." and I am force to kill XBMC after a long wait. Should I use a newer source than the one you posted?

I followed your guide very carefully, the only option I have to watch tv is typing:

vdr-sxfe xvdr://127.0.0.1

Sometimes XBMC just exits and a segmentation faults occurs message is left behind.

I have :

Pentium D Dual Core 3.2 Gigahertz processor
MSI Geforece 8600GT OC 256 mgs
MSI Motherboard Intel chip 945GCM
2 Gibates DDR 2 Ram

- freezy - 2009-04-02

I have the "Buffering..." popup sometimes too, but it normally disappears after a short while. Does XBMC crash completely or do you just cancel the playback?

- el_sacateca - 2009-04-02

freezy Wrote:I have the "Buffering..." popup sometimes too, but it normally disappears after a short while. Does XBMC crash completely or do you just cancel the playback?

Hello freezy, thanks for answering. I have to hit the cancel box after an eternal wait, and nothing happens, I need to open a terminal window and type$ sudo killall xbmc

Sometimes xbmc just crashes and leave behind a core dump file in the directory where I executed the application.

P.S.

A new problem: xbmc hangs in the terminal window after I type the command. This occured when I turned the machine this morning. God, so many problems.

- splinux - 2009-04-02

I had the same problem with buffering with a recenter version, but not with r18100.
For the last problem check that xbmc or xbmc.bin is not already running with ps -e|grep xbmc

sp

- el_sacateca - 2009-04-02

splinux Wrote:I had the same problem with buffering with a recenter version, but not with r18100.
For the last problem check that xbmc or xbmc.bin is not already running with ps -e|grep xbmc

sp

I compiled r18100, this is the one giving me such a hard time. And no, the xbmc.bin is not running when hangs, this happened during a fresh reboot or start up.

- patstew - 2009-04-03

Does anyone know how to make the channel logos work? I've tried $ChannelName.jpg/png/xpm in the logos folder but I don't get any logos showing up.
Is the timeshifting supposed to work? It just gives me a corrupted video after I unpause.

Also, does anyone know what's going on with this patch at the moment? Is it being merged into unified PVR or has alwinus just not had so much free time recently? What is going on with merging the patches to VDR?

Thanks

- mythmaster - 2009-04-04

dongioia Wrote:Does the patches apply to the latest version (vdpau enabled)?
I haven't really combed through the thread, but I would also like to know the answer to this question (although I understand that mpeg2 accel is currently disabled).

- freezy - 2009-04-04

if everything goes well, you'll have an updated patch (with vdpau) tomorrow. alwin is working on it.

- mythmaster - 2009-04-04

cool, thx!

- alwinus - 2009-04-05

Hallo all,

I have uploaded an new patch.
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5595

For changes see my entry inside the trac.

To compile under Windows only MS VisualStudio 2008 Express is supported and is not really stable in the Moment (Recordings play let XBMC frezze and timeline let it crash, but I'm work on it), but you can watch TV.

I hope to fix some of the existing faults in the next time until alocoheca have his branch finished.

Hav a nice day,

Alwin

- decaturguy - 2009-04-05

Thanks, compiling right now Smile

- 1455 - 2009-04-05

This patch is not suitable for xbmc-vdpau?

- Habos - 2009-04-05

Hi

I update my cvs and patched it with streamdev-cvs040409_xbmc-v5.patch.

It compiles also vdr-1.7.4 but when i try to load the plugin then i get the following error:
vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-streamdev-server.so.1.7.4: undefined symbol: _ZN10cRecording6RenameEPKc

without the patch streamdev compiles and also loads and works in vdr-1.7.4.

vdr is patched with the ext68, parentalrating (vdr-1.6.0-2_ext_parentalrating-content.diff) and the supplied vdr-1.7.4-ext68-streamdev.patch and that compiles just fine.

Any idea why is this?

- alwinus - 2009-04-05

Habos Wrote:Hi

Any idea why is this?

Hello Habos,

I rebuilded VDR again to check here, but it runs fine by me.

Have you set your "Make.config" with STREAMDEVEXT enabled? And have you do a "make clean" and a "make clean-plugins" inside the vdr folder? Have you it installed?

If the problem occours again can you post the compiler output during build of streamdev.

Alwin