Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- stcogoli - 2005-02-03

ok, i think somehow my builds got all messed up. i solved the shutdown/reinit problem and the music mixer mike now works fine! the only problem is that the sound output only works well in debug mode. when i run the release, i get strong hissing. i suspect my build is screwed up cause the mmixer mike problem went away by itself and the debug works fine.

p.s: i don't know for sure that my previous voice manager shutdown/reinit problem is the same one that plagues the kai manager but to whoever wrote this on line 120 of kaiclient.cpp
Quote:// todo: we really ought to shutdown, but somethings up - i can never seem to reinit properly.
//g_voicemanager.shutdown();
try adding something like this at the end of g_voicemanager.initialize()
Quote://update the starting voice device states
dword dwcomheadmask = xgetdevices(xdevice_type_voice_headphone);
dword dwcommikemask = xgetdevices(xdevice_type_voice_microphone);

for(int i=0; i< xgetportcount(); i++)
{
if( ( (dwcomheadmask & (1<<i)) && (dwcommikemask & (1<<i)) )
|| ( (dwcomheadmask & (1<<(i+16))) && (dwcommikemask & (1<<(i+16))) ) )
{
if(m_dwenabled & (1<<i))
oncommunicatorinserted(i);
}
}

- stcogoli - 2005-02-03

ok, everything is fixed now. works in both builds with both devices. only thing i think that remains is tweaking, like maybe silence detection to limit the number of stored packets and prevent vis overflow, making the voice show better in the visualisation (right now it's sorta crushed by the music), and deciding where to put the settings (maybe implementing a popup volume bar for voice volume). i really don't have time to do the tweaking and would leave that to another dev if that's ok :lookaround:. i only found time to get back to work on this cause i felt bad letting down those who donated their mike/money...

- Nickman - 2005-02-03

(stcogoli @ feb. 03 2005,16:52 Wrote:ok, everything is fixed now. works in both builds with both devices. only thing i think that remains is tweaking, like maybe silence detection to limit the number of stored packets and prevent vis overflow, making the voice show better in the visualisation (right now it's sorta crushed by the music), and deciding where to put the settings (maybe implementing a popup volume bar for voice volume). i really don't have time to do the tweaking and would leave that to another dev if that's ok  :lookaround:. i only found time to get back to work on this cause i felt bad letting down those who donated their mike/money...
great work :thumbsup:

happy you got it to work. will check the patch out and give it a try.

- lion2 - 2005-02-03

(stcogoli @ feb. 03 2005,15:52 Wrote:ok, everything is fixed now. works in both builds with both devices. only thing i think that remains is tweaking, like maybe silence detection to limit the number of stored packets and prevent vis overflow, making the voice show better in the visualisation (right now it's sorta crushed by the music), and deciding where to put the settings (maybe implementing a popup volume bar for voice volume). i really don't have time to do the tweaking and would leave that to another dev if that's ok :lookaround:. i only found time to get back to work on this cause i felt bad letting down those who donated their mike/money...
great work!! can't wait to try it out!

- black88mx6 - 2005-02-04

thanks for the update - don't see any news of this in the cvs changelog info... what date cvs would you expect this to be in?

i take it the next step would be echo control?

- erpi99 - 2005-02-04

it is only a patch not submitted to the cvs yet.

- black88mx6 - 2005-02-06

since i can't compile yet i will wait for inclusion to the cvs.

- Gamester17 - 2005-02-07

@stcogoli, question, are more than one microphone at a time supported?, could a user for example hook up and use 2 (or maybe even 4) xbox music mixer microphones? Huh
(i mean without using some kind phone splitter, so connect up to 4 xbox music mixer microphones or xbox-communicators, each to it's own controller.  ....be a nice feature)

- stcogoli - 2005-02-07

yes gamester17, you can hook up to 4 voice devices(communicators or mikes), and use them simultaneously, each with its own settings (voice mask, volume...). i have successfully tested one communicator with one mmixer mike. however, i had to fix a small bug which prevented mmixer mike's voice mask to kick in so make sure you download the freshest patch.

- Rikochet - 2005-02-08

anyone know if this is added to the cvs yet and if it isnt how long does it usually take?

great work on this plugin....my kids use it daily and the addition of mic support will greatly enhance it....cant wait to try it...

thx again

- jmarshall - 2005-02-08

as of right now, it's not in cvs.

how long it takes depends on when the volunteers that develop for xbmc have time to look over the patch, merge it, and test it out.

i understand how you are waiting excitedly for this functionality (which has been a nice bit of coding work, stcogoli!Wink, but you'll just have to be patient and wait until the assigned dev has time to go over it.

in the meantime, feel free to apply the patch to your own source tree and build.

cheers,
jonathan

- stcogoli - 2005-02-08

Quote:great work on this plugin....my kids use it daily and the addition of mic support will greatly enhance it....cant wait to try it...
yes, it is a lot of fun for kids. i just had my 2 year old niece sing with the cartoon voice mask and she freaked out. it's also not limited to karaoke. if they're a little older, they can put on a movie, lower its volume and dub the voices themselves; that can also be a lot of fun for adults if you're a bit drunk (but still imaginative).

however, there is still some work to be done. as i said earlier, when voice masks are used, there is too much processing (lag) and when no mask is used, there is too little processing, with some echoing, amplified breathing and swooshes. we should do just the right amount of custom filtering so as to eliminate parasites but keep the voice uncompressed and responsive. so if anybody can point me to free implementations of useful filters...
Quote:(which has been a nice bit of coding work, stcogoli!Wink,
thanks jmarshall but there's really nothing very original about it. it's mostly ripped from the xdk samples. Blush

- erpi99 - 2005-02-09

how is the voice quality of the music mixer mic? i am considering to buy one after this feature is fully implemented.

- stcogoli - 2005-02-09

Quote:how is the voice quality of the music mixer mic? i am considering to buy one after this feature is fully implemented.
funny you should ask cause i just realized it can be much better than what it is atm. i had tried at first to sample at 48 khz but it wasn't working so the current patch samples both the mmixer mike and the communicator at 8 khz. then i realized that was back when my builds were all messed up :nuts:  ; i just tried again at 48 khz and it works fine for the mmixer mike. this makes a very noticeable difference and at that freq, the quality is pretty good. now the question that remains is can the same quality be achieved with the communicator? i think not and from reading the xdk, it only seems to support 8 khz but i will try to find a workaround and post back on this. also, if you are using voice masks, the codec only operates at 8 khz so in that case, it's 8 khz for both devices.

edit: also, the mmixer mike is just a regular mike with a large mono audio jack that plugs into a specific controller module. i don't know if these controllers can be bought anywhere (ebay??) but if they can then i'm pretty sure you could use any mike with it. could be less expensive than buying mmixer.

- Gamester17 - 2005-02-09

(stcogoli @ feb. 08 2005,14:51 Wrote:when voice masks are used, there is too much processing (lag)...
the xbox has a pretty powerfull audio dsp which we do not yet take advantage of, be great if it could be used for this as that would mean zero cpu usage for effects Wink

(stcogoli @ feb. 08 2005,23:52 Wrote:the mmixer mike is just a regular mike with a large mono audio jack that plugs into a specific controller module. i don't know if these controllers can be bought anywhere (ebay??) but if they can then i'm pretty sure you could use any mike with it. could be less expensive than buying mmixer.
the controller module (mic adapter) with microphone-in that comes with 'xbox music mixer' is made by mad catz (who also manufactur and sell other xbox controllers),
...if a large re-seller (like maybe liksang.com) contacted them they might be prosuaded to sell the mic & mic adapter as stand-alone products, doesn't hurt to ask Confusedaint: