Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Cheesy - 2005-05-20

yeah... crashes on mine also... would be great to find out why.

- Bendra - 2005-05-23

i have the same crashes too! i think it would be nice if someone can take care about the karaoke functions! there are some issues to be fixed:

- crash after a few seconds
- mic delay
- mic volume to low

it seems that a lot of people use the karaoke option! but at the moment, it can't be used.

bendra

- jmarshall - 2005-05-23

i suggest if you want it fixed, you need to buy a dev or two a microphone and suitable connections. i don't know if any of the dev teams has a suitable mic for even testing this (let alone fixing it!Wink

cheers,
jonathan

- Bendra - 2005-05-23

is there a dev who has a headset instead of a mic? i think you can reproduce the same issues with a headset.

if no, it will be no problem for me to spend some $. are there any other people who would do the same? e.g. 10 people and each spend 10$, that should not be a problem...

which dev will help?

bendra

- JohnJoe - 2005-05-30

i have been reading some posts on various forums, which seem to point towards a problem with the madcatz microphone (not all of them however and i am not sure what percentage) working with xbmc karaoke.
i have one of these mics (came with xbox music mixer) and i am unable to get it working with either of my xboxs (a v1.0 and a v1.5) using the latest xbmc build (24/05/05) . therefore i suspect there is something "special" about my mic and the other mic's people have reported problems with.
before anyone thinks that the microphone is broken - its not, because it still works with xbox music mixer.
maybe some of the madcatz modules behave differently and require a different driver for interfaceing with.
mine has a product number of #4501-1 and is copyrighted 2003.
if anyone else is having a similar problem, please reply.

:help:

- softfree - 2005-05-30

mic

can anyone confirm this xbox mic adaptor and mic works with xbox media center karaoke. like mtv karaoke,,,,,,,,,

- Gcue - 2005-05-31

sorry i refreshed and it was already posted but yeah i get the same crashes.

- Bendra - 2005-05-31

(softfree @ may 30 2005,15:00 Wrote:mic

can anyone confirm this xbox mic adaptor and mic works with xbox media center karaoke. like mtv karaoke,,,,,,,,,
yes it works, but at the moment there are some delay issues with xbmc.

bendra

- robrob - 2005-06-01

if it is jsut a matter of a dev having a madcatz mic let me know. i don't want to fork the development but i would be willing to donate a mic for the cause if there is someone who can foucus on this particular issue.

- deemeph - 2005-06-02

okay so at the moment which mic's actually work properly with karaoke? i just discovered this feature would be fun at get-to-gethers Smile

- Bendra - 2005-06-03

(robrob @ june 01 2005,19:29 Wrote:if it is jsut a matter of a dev having a madcatz mic let me know. i don't want to fork the development but i would be willing to donate a mic for the cause if there is someone who can foucus on this particular issue.
i would be willing to donate too, no problem!

bendra

- softfree - 2005-06-04

all right, it works fine with xbmc built 5-25-05. however, my microphone volume is too low to hear even i put 100%. right now, i have two extra madcatz mic. i can donate it too....

- lion2 - 2005-06-07

(softfree @ june 04 2005,01:43 Wrote:all right, it works fine with xbmc built 5-25-05. however, my microphone volume is too low to hear even i put 100%. right now, i have two extra madcatz mic. i can donate it too....
what do you mean by working fine? do you mean no delay?

- Gcue - 2005-06-08

to sum everything up in one post so newcomers to this topic wont have to read 20 pages:

as of now karaoke with the use of an xbox mic doesn't work.
the microphone will crash xbmc after a min. or so into a song.

the mic delay is still there but isn't a big problem considering there is a small delay in xbmm as well.

the only way as of now to use the karaoke feature in xbmc without crashing is to use a microphone hooked into your stereo system.

newer cvs builds has no mic output at all.

there have been offers to send the devs a madcatz mic. to fix these issues after a dev requested but dunno if anyone has sent anything or not.

would really be happy to see these bugs worked out and hope it will be really soon.

gcue

- jmarshall - 2005-06-08

pm me if you would like to send me a mic.

if i get one, i will have a crack at getting it working.