Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Fascix - 2009-08-30

Hi i am having problems scanning whit MIP.
i never had this problem before but now when i load my movies and try to scan them (auto or one by one) all i get is this message.

NO IMDB DATA FOUND, UNABLE TO SAVE NFO FILE
on all the movies

My internet connection work and i am using latest test build as of today.
My movie library is on my HTPC localy but MIP is on my nootebook.

Please help me sort this out

My movies are sorted like this:

U:\Movies\Fast.And.Furious.720p.BluRay.x264-iNFAMOUS\inf-faf.mkv

i only have movies with mkv containers

- fekker - 2009-08-30

Fascix Wrote:Hi i am having problems scanning whit MIP.
i never had this problem before but now when i load my movies and try to scan them (auto or one by one) all i get is this message.

NO IMDB DATA FOUND, UNABLE TO SAVE NFO FILE
on all the movies

My internet connection work and i am using latest test build as of today.
My movie library is on my HTPC localy but MIP is on my nootebook.

Please help me sort this out

My movies are sorted like this:

U:\Movies\Fast.And.Furious.720p.BluRay.x264-iNFAMOUS\inf-faf.mkv

i only have movies with mkv containers
make sure you have the setting to use file level filters for folders enabled, that will clear up the folder name (which is what it does the search on).

Quote:I have this file that refuses to be scanned by MIP
the_west_wing.3x00.isaac.and.ishmael.dvdrip_xvid.a vi
i'll check, it might not like that that is not in the season 00 format (which is generally the specials format that is used).

- Fascix - 2009-08-30

Yepp i know i already have that set-up thats the weird thing

Update: Uninstalled MIP and installed it again and updated to 2916 (i had 2914 before)
and now it all seems to work fine. One suggestion though. it would be good if you added a few more custom filter lines to folder exclude in settings menu

Feature requests :) - Kilack - 2009-09-02

1) Being able to export a list of movies, tv episodes to html

2) The xbox might never get native media flagging.
The problem I have is that I use both the xbox and a htpc for xbmc.
My collection of HD material is increasing.. Sometimes when I try and watch a movie I click on the HD one which can sometimes almost lock up xbmc on the xbox.
What would be good is an option for MIP to append to the movie name the HD flags etc so we can at least see in the name if its HD or not and know to avoid playing it..

so you might have listed in the title
Last of the Mohicans [720P] [AC3]
or something like that Smile

for tv and movies of course Smile

- fekker - 2009-09-02

Kilack Wrote:1) Being able to export a list of movies, tv episodes to html

2) The xbox might never get native media flagging.
The problem I have is that I use both the xbox and a htpc for xbmc.
My collection of HD material is increasing.. Sometimes when I try and watch a movie I click on the HD one which can sometimes almost lock up xbmc on the xbox.
What would be good is an option for MIP to append to the movie name the HD flags etc so we can at least see in the name if its HD or not and know to avoid playing it..

so you might have listed in the title
Last of the Mohicans [720P] [AC3]
or something like that Smile

for tv and movies of course Smile

both are possible for umX, please add a feature request for those so we can track it.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=270525&atid=1150556

- Kilack - 2009-09-02

fekker Wrote:both are possible for umX, please add a feature request for those so we can track it.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=270525&atid=1150556

Consider it done Smile

For those of currently using MIP.. I assume changing over to umX when it is ready will be painless? or will we need to wipe out the nfo files etc?

Also one other improvement for MIP or umX if it does it also..
When I had to load in all my tv episodes again (lots) it was a pain in the ass having to keep clicking on YES when it asked if i wanted them in tv airing order or dvd format..

You need another option there like "yes to all" or "no to all"

or even better a default in the settings so you never get asked Smile

- fekker - 2009-09-02

Kilack Wrote:Consider it done Smile

For those of currently using MIP.. I assume changing over to umX when it is ready will be painless? or will we need to wipe out the nfo files etc?

Also one other improvement for MIP or umX if it does it also..
When I had to load in all my tv episodes again (lots) it was a pain in the ass having to keep clicking on YES when it asked if i wanted them in tv airing order or dvd format..

You need another option there like "yes to all" or "no to all"

or even better a default in the settings so you never get asked Smile

I'll come up with some converter to move over cached images to umX for those using mip. Movie and tv show nfo files are fully supported already in umX.

It'll be up to the UI folks to determine how they want to handle aired versus dvd order versus absolute order, there's plenty of options available for them to configure that on a per show, per folder, per episode, per whatever basis. And it's granular down to the field level for what is updated / processed by the scraper for the item. I'm talking granular like update field X from scaper Y for one episode or show, or movie, or the entire collection, or specific ones, or just selected items. The core is made for customization and support for multiple apps and formats and scrapers and plugins.. to summarize, there's more options then you can shake a stick at. And that includes support for anything that can run the mono clr, or even just a web page. (winders, OSX, linux, etc), you might be able to manage your collection from your pda/smart phone as well, but first things first, we are still in pre-alpha for it and there's a ton of work to do.

- kees667 - 2009-09-02

I've been working with media info for three days now, and still have some things not running 100% how I want it to. I hope seomeone can help with these general questions:

- In XBMC one movie was labelled wrong. I corrected it now, and in the folder there are two nfo files with correct information. One is named movie.nfo, the other is labelled "moviename".nfo. Both now have the correct movie title. In XBMC library mode I still see the wrong title displayed, so I deleted the library and did a new "set content" - but the wrong title stays. Is it really necessary to also manually delete these two files? Then what is the purpose of deleting library in XBMC?

delete MyVideos34.db
located: xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

And clear thumbs also.
located: xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video

- Trying to figure out all the movie info and fanart stuff I really messed up my folders. I know have folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, movie.jpg and movie.tbn present in each folder. There will also be a "moviename"-fanart.jpg "moviename".nfo and "moviename".tbn file. This makes manual editing harder as I often don't understand which files are used by XBMC first. is it the moviename or movie? And which tool created which?

- When Mediainfo has everything shown correctly. What are the settings needed under "set content" - as I don't want XBMC to change titles at that point which I have just all selected so carefully from behind my pc, but I do want that info to be added to library?

- fekker - 2009-09-02

build 2.1.2140 (test build)
- updated kryton toolkit
- fixed dvd order for episodes (anything with 2 digits was failing)

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_build2.1.1.2940.zip

download and extract to your install directory

- Dred - 2009-09-02

I am pretty new to XBMC and i have been trying lots of new programs. I just installed your application for the first time and it will not let me scan my music. I hit load tunes nothing happens and when i click options and settings it keeps pointing to my tvshows. even tho i changed it to the music folder the settings never take effect. How can i fix this?

Also i have not scanned my movies or tvshows with your program yet. mainly because the first program i tried was ember which did a pretty good job already so not sure if having your program scan my movies after it has been updated by ember will mess anything up. If its not a big deal and the music stuff works i will probably make this my main program since it can handle music. (i hope)

Thanks.

- fekker - 2009-09-02

Dred Wrote:I am pretty new to XBMC and i have been trying lots of new programs. I just installed your application for the first time and it will not let me scan my music. I hit load tunes nothing happens and when i click options and settings it keeps pointing to my tvshows. even tho i changed it to the music folder the settings never take effect. How can i fix this?

Also i have not scanned my movies or tvshows with your program yet. mainly because the first program i tried was ember which did a pretty good job already so not sure if having your program scan my movies after it has been updated by ember will mess anything up. If its not a big deal and the music stuff works i will probably make this my main program since it can handle music. (i hope)

Thanks.
please update to make sure your on the current version, you can use mipupdate to get the latest stable release (it's on the mip website) after your on the latest release, you can choose a test build if you want bleeding edge.

- fekker - 2009-09-02

kees667 Wrote:I've been working with media info for three days now, and still have some things not running 100% how I want it to. I hope seomeone can help with these general questions:

- In XBMC one movie was labelled wrong. I corrected it now, and in the folder there are two nfo files with correct information. One is named movie.nfo, the other is labelled "moviename".nfo. Both now have the correct movie title. In XBMC library mode I still see the wrong title displayed, so I deleted the library and did a new "set content" - but the wrong title stays. Is it really necessary to also manually delete these two files? Then what is the purpose of deleting library in XBMC?

delete MyVideos34.db
located: xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

And clear thumbs also.
located: xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video

- Trying to figure out all the movie info and fanart stuff I really messed up my folders. I know have folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, movie.jpg and movie.tbn present in each folder. There will also be a "moviename"-fanart.jpg "moviename".nfo and "moviename".tbn file. This makes manual editing harder as I often don't understand which files are used by XBMC first. is it the moviename or movie? And which tool created which?

- When Mediainfo has everything shown correctly. What are the settings needed under "set content" - as I don't want XBMC to change titles at that point which I have just all selected so carefully from behind my pc, but I do want that info to be added to library?

you should be able to remove it from the library and update

MyVideos34.db - names, information
xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video - images (posters, fanart, etc)

movie.nfo - used for any movie in a folder
"moviename".nfo - used for file level movies, can also be used for folder level movies as well
(mip makes both for max compatibility with xbmc versions)
you shouldn't have to manually edit, when using mip, you can change and save data for the movie from the user interface.

"use foldername for lookups"
"scan recursively"
those are the settings for folder level movies

- dbone1026 - 2009-09-02

@ Fekker - out of curiosity when do you expect a public release of umX? Also, will umX only be geared towards XBMC or other Media Centers as well? Thanks.

- fekker - 2009-09-02

dbone1026 Wrote:@ Fekker - out of curiosity when do you expect a public release of umX? Also, will umX only be geared towards XBMC or other Media Centers as well? Thanks.

We still have a lot of work for umX to be ready, so I don't have an eta on it yet. Alpha's will start when we have the key components in place.

It's made so that it can support different media centers.

- dbone1026 - 2009-09-02

fekker Wrote:We still have a lot of work for umX to be ready, so I don't have an eta on it yet. Alpha's will start when we have the key components in place.

It's made so that it can support different media centers.

Thanks, definitely looking forward to what is in store.