Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Allen626 - 2009-09-08

fekker Wrote:http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_build2.1.1.2941.zip
- tested and fixes the regex issue on tvshows

Halibutt - can you pm me the details (or post them) on the music pitfalls in mip, it'll help me not make the same mistakes in umX

awesome that build works for me!

- AuXBoX - 2009-09-11

I've got version 2882 installed and when i do autopilot it comes up with the poster and description but when i select the right movie the poster doesn't save on some of the movies.
Does the new updates fix this problem?

- fekker - 2009-09-11

AuXBoX Wrote:I've got version 2882 installed and when i do autopilot it comes up with the poster and description but when i select the right movie the poster doesn't save on some of the movies.
Does the new updates fix this problem?

depends if it was a bug that i fixed, or a feature that was never implemented.

there was some issues with file level movies, those are fixed (as far as i know)

auto-pilot in mip doesn't pull from all available sites, so some items are not processed.. you can update the known posters from impawards with newer versions of mip, that generally helps alot with auto-pilot options

it could also be a configuration setting

recommendations
update to the current build with mip update, then apply the latest test build

update your known posters in mip (movies tab .. click on tools menu, choose update known posters, have a cup of coffee (beer, whatever) while it grabs the new information)

try it again

if it's not working, check your settings for the types of posters your saving, make sure you have enabled the ones ya want

if it's file mode, make sure you have <moviename>.tbn enabled

- JackieBrown - 2009-09-12

My trailers are showing up as separate movies.

I use the folder structure (1 movie per folder.)

The trailers are labeled movie-trailer

- MrTourettes - 2009-09-12

JackieBrown Wrote:My trailers are showing up as separate movies.

I use the folder structure (1 movie per folder.)

The trailers are labeled movie-trailer

I was looking at trailers last night and searched but still not found how to use them.

Without reading this whole ( massive thread ) can someone point me in the right direction of where to look for info on using trailers.

I currently use MIP to organise all my media and I use Aeon Hicth mod.

Thanks

- dbone1026 - 2009-09-12

MrTourettes Wrote:I was looking at trailers last night and searched but still not found how to use them.

Without reading this whole ( massive thread ) can someone point me in the right direction of where to look for info on using trailers.

I currently use MIP to organise all my media and I use Aeon Hicth mod.

Thanks

I place my trailers in the same folder as my movie, with the same name as the movie except with "-trailer" at the end of it. To play the trailer you need to go into the movie info screen. I am having problems attaching a screenshot, but if you check out my blog link below, scroll down to where it says "You can also view the information of each movie:" and you will see t he "trailer" button is enabled

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/search/label/XBMC

dbone1026 Wrote:I place my trailers in the same folder as my movie, with the same name as the movie except with "-trailer" at the end of it. To play the trailer you need to go into the movie info screen. I am having problems attaching a screenshot, but if you check out my blog link below, scroll down to where it says "You can also view the information of each movie:" and you will see t he "trailer" button is enabled

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/search/label/XBMC

Yes I tried that but it did not seem to work. If i just add anything in the trailer url section of mip then the trailer option is available in xbmc but without it even if I have a .mov ( labeled *name*-trailer.mov ) i do not have the option in xbmc Sad

dbone1026 Wrote:I place my trailers in the same folder as my movie, with the same name as the movie except with "-trailer" at the end of it.
That is exactly how i have mine set up but media info is showing the trailer as a movie.

It doen't create 2 nfos for them, though.

JackieBrown Wrote:That is exactly how i have mine set up but media info is showing the trailer as a movie.

It doen't create 2 nfos for them, though.

OK so let me check something. Lets say I have a movie called

Shrek the Third HDDVD 1080p DTS x264-CtrlHD.mkv

In that directory MIP created 2 nfo files

Shrek the Third HDDVD 1080p DTS x264-CtrlHD.nfo
&
movie.nfo

I now import that movie into xbmc and it sees it ok.

Now lets say I download an hd trailer from apple trailers and save it into this dir and call it

Shrek the Third HDDVD 1080p DTS x264-CtrlHD.mov

Should xbmc see this in the movie info screen?

Is there any other options anywhere I need to set?

What I have noticed though is if I do not use mip for a movie and allow xbmc to scrape it then it manages to add a url trailer which works ok.

- fekker - 2009-09-12

for folder level movies name the file ..

movie-trailer.avi

OR
movie-trailer.mkv

(etc for different entensions)

if you have a trailer video file, leave the field blank for the trailer
if you have a link to the trailer on a site, enter it in the trailer field

if you don't have either, xbmc will look in its database for the information for the trailer file

fekker Wrote:for folder level movies name the file ..

movie-trailer.avi

OR
movie-trailer.mkv

(etc for different entensions)

if you have a trailer video file, leave the field blank for the trailer
if you have a link to the trailer on a site, enter it in the trailer field

if you don't have either, xbmc will look in its database for the information for the trailer file

That's how I have it but those movies show twice on the main list in media info manager

- fekker - 2009-09-13

JackieBrown Wrote:That's how I have it but those movies show twice on the main list in media info manager

hmm... it shouldn't show trailers, anyone else having that problem, maybe i changed something when i didn't mean to

- fekker

- fekker - 2009-09-13

Here's something to keep in mind

If you find a bug, and file a bug report on it, it'll be looked into and in 99% of the cases fixed.

If you find a bug, but don't report it, don't expect it to fix itself unless by chance I come across the same issue.

- JackieBrown - 2009-09-14

fekker Wrote:Here's something to keep in mind

If you find a bug, and file a bug report on it, it'll be looked into and in 99% of the cases fixed.

If you find a bug, but don't report it, don't expect it to fix itself unless by chance I come across the same issue.
I registered on your site a few days ago (same username) but couldn't figure out where to post a bug report or what info you need

edit **
strangely enough, my copy in wine works as expected, but I have tried upgrading past build 2870

double edit**
build 2914 works as expected as well. I can't get the mip updater to work in wine so I can try 2916

- fekker - 2009-09-14

JackieBrown- ya lost me as to if it's working or not.

btw, the comment on the bug reports was just a general comment not directed at any one specific post in this thread.