Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-15

Hi all

Has any had much luck getting episode thumbs lately, i leave miptvupdate running all the time but over last couple of weeks have been getting no thumbs until go refresh in mip.

Anyone else?

- fekker - 2009-09-15

lestat1977uk Wrote:Hi all

Has any had much luck getting episode thumbs lately, i leave miptvupdate running all the time but over last couple of weeks have been getting no thumbs until go refresh in mip.

Anyone else?

It's been hit or miss for me, sometimes it's working, most it's not.

Since i was working on tv shows in umx, i built a plugin that is a spin off of mip's command line update. (it's alot different, but ends up with pretty much the same thing).

The one thing i did different was to tie it into a download manager to try to figure out what the ---- was going on with images.

It's looking like one mirror returns 404 for a bunch of episode images, and the other seems to return "most" of them, that's when they don't time out on either one.

Since the mirror is done by dns, if you clear your dns cache and then try again, you might be the other mirror that has the images.

(most versions of windows it's)
ipconfig /flushdns

if ya end up on one mirror, most fail, on the other it works most of the time.

in short, try the dns flush or hardcode the dns entry (hosts file) to point to the mirror with the images.

there will be test versions of umx that handles tv shows soon, command line only as the forms i'm using are just test forms to make the calls.

if your interested in trying that out, hitup umx's forums for beta tests and not the interest in tv episodes via the command line.

- ewaterke - 2009-09-15

Hi,

A similar question has probably alreday been answered in one of the 1.637 posts but I can't find it...

I'm still using the good old Xbox with an internal HD of 750 Mb.
Is it possible to use MIP with the Movies and TV SHows files stored localy on the Xbox ?

If yes, How can I do this ?
If not, is there an altenative ? Would it work if I create folders and dummy .avi files on my PC ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Eric

- fekker - 2009-09-15

you can create dummy folders and it'll work fine

if you have them organized by file level (all movies in one folder) then you'll need to create dummy avi's that match the filename you use on the xbox
if you have them each in there own folder, all you need is a folder as the movie.nfo, movie.tbn and fanart.jpg are not specific to the file name.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-17

Yep your right its timing out going to 206.76.155.58:80

What should i point my hostfile to?

I'm not sure what mirror??

Thx

- hikaricore - 2009-09-17

thetvdb.com seems to be down at the moment, you'll probably just have to wait for it to be back up.

TVDB Mirror - lestat1977uk - 2009-09-17

Fekker said that i should change my hostfile to point to a mirror if flushing DNS didn't work.. which it didn't.

i haven't been able to get thumb for about 2 weeks.

Any ideas?

- adriank99 - 2009-09-18

hey,

some shows are coming up as 5 channel instead of 6 channel does that mean its just 5 speakers and no sub?

- fekker - 2009-09-18

5 versus 6 channel
not sure, please check the file itself

it might be it's not showing the .1 part (for the sub) .. ie 5.1

for the tvdb images, i'm looking into what's going on now that the site is back up again. I should know more tomorrow. (Season 2 of fringe is starting Smile )

- azido - 2009-09-18

fekker Wrote:(Season 2 of fringe is starting Smile )
that is some extremely good news Wink

- Nosferatu - 2009-09-20

Hi,

I've two problems with some tv show seasons.

1st:
When I scan my tv shows some seasons are not recognized (e.g. Battlestar Galactica season 1. Season 2-4 is ok)

2nd:
I've a complete season, but only 1-3 episodes will be shown in MIP. And for these shown episodes MIP loads wrong nfo's (e.g. file is: "tvshow-S05E10-name" and in MIP it's shown as "S05E17-othername")

Naming is: tvshow\season x\tvshow-SxxExx-name
and I'm using build 2941 x64

- deadserious - 2009-09-20

anybody ever scrape futurama DVD order successfully? I can never do this, even after selecting DVD order!

- fekker - 2009-09-21

for those that are having issues with tv shows, make sure your running the latest test build .. 2.1.1.2941 .. there was a few things i noticed when working on umx that I fixed in mip

still isolating the tv episode image issues, think i know what's up with it now, more details and hopefully a patch soon

- Kilack - 2009-09-21

fekker Wrote:for those that are having issues with tv shows, make sure your running the latest test build .. 2.1.1.2941 .. there was a few things i noticed when working on umx that I fixed in mip

still isolating the tv episode image issues, think i know what's up with it now, more details and hopefully a patch soon

which is available from?? Smile

- Reginald - 2009-09-21

Kilack Wrote:which is available from?? Smile

From Fekker's site. Here is a link to the Downloads section