Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- kizer - 2009-09-30

For some reason I never noticed, but when I run 2.1.1.2946 it creates an extrathumb folder. I don't want that folder can you tell me what I need to disable to keep it from creating it in my movie folders?

- fekker - 2009-09-30

christophlin Wrote:Any chance we can get an update that incorporates the changes to TheTVDB Scraper (links below)? Thanks!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58375&highlight=tvdb
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37902&highlight=tvdb

2946 and up have the fix in there already

kizer -
for the extrathumbs folder, i'll look into that one.

- Moldiver - 2009-10-02

Anyone got any ideas why MIP doesn't fetch backgrounds for me, it has been fine up untill today and now no backgrounds appear.

- fekker - 2009-10-02

backgrounds for tv shows, movies or music?
if it's movies, there's something up with themoviedb api right now that returning an error.

- Moldiver - 2009-10-02

Yeah it's Movies, no error though just gets posters and no background, although might be showing an error in a txt file or sommit that i can't see. Any idea how long this takes to fix?

- fekker - 2009-10-02

Moldiver Wrote:Yeah it's Movies, no error though just gets posters and no background, although might be showing an error in a txt file or sommit that i can't see. Any idea how long this takes to fix?

You can check the forums for themoviedb, i'm sure one of the admins will post when things are sorted out.

http://forums.themoviedb.org/topic/672/connection-refused/

Not Finding FlashForward... - maui917 - 2009-10-02

I have two episodes of the new show FlashFoward, and when I "Load Shows" to update my TV shows, it says:

No show data exists for the following shows:
FlashFoward

When I check TVDB the show is there, the id number is: 84024

I have the episodes and folders named the same as it appears on TVDB.

- fekker - 2009-10-02

maui917 Wrote:I have two episodes of the new show FlashFoward, and when I "Load Shows" to update my TV shows, it says:

No show data exists for the following shows:
FlashFoward

When I check TVDB the show is there, the id number is: 84024

I have the episodes and folders named the same as it appears on TVDB.

create a txt file called tvdbid.txt and put just the id in there
put that in the tv show folder and mip will read that up and use that id to get the data

flash forward - xalaros - 2009-10-04

Ok, i am having some trouble scrapping flash forward the new tvseries. Anybody managed to scrap it succesfully, it seems it is not on tvdb for some reason.

- xalaros - 2009-10-04

solved the problem myself it was stupid really, the show is flashforward and not flash forward.

- Kilack - 2009-10-04

Hi Fekker,

I changed the OS of the machine that I run MIP on from a 32bit windows OS to a 64bit version. MIP is now not playing nice and crashing every time I try and load a series.

I have done a fresh install even but that doesn't help.
I have tried a 32bit install, a 64bit install (is there a difference?)

This time I tried with the 32bit install as 32bit software should run fine on a 64bit OS, it runs through all the tv show directories and then runs off to download all the media from thetvdb.com but once the downloads are finished it dies with this.

Also I noticed when i did try the 64bit install, it still installed into the program files (x86) directory, is that meant to tbe case? shouldnt it have gone into the program files directory if its 64bit?

Anyway... where to from here? Smile

"Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mediainfoplus.exe
Application Version: 2.1.1.2941
Application Timestamp: 4aa538a5
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18215
Fault Module Timestamp: 4995354a
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000002619d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 5129"

- fekker - 2009-10-04

Kilack Wrote:Hi Fekker,

I changed the OS of the machine that I run MIP on from a 32bit windows OS to a 64bit version. MIP is now not playing nice and crashing every time I try and load a series.

I have done a fresh install even but that doesn't help.
I have tried a 32bit install, a 64bit install (is there a difference?)

This time I tried with the 32bit install as 32bit software should run fine on a 64bit OS, it runs through all the tv show directories and then runs off to download all the media from thetvdb.com but once the downloads are finished it dies with this.

Also I noticed when i did try the 64bit install, it still installed into the program files (x86) directory, is that meant to tbe case? shouldnt it have gone into the program files directory if its 64bit?

Anyway... where to from here? Smile

"Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mediainfoplus.exe
Application Version: 2.1.1.2941
Application Timestamp: 4aa538a5
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18215
Fault Module Timestamp: 4995354a
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 000000000002619d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 5129"
if you wait long enough it'll respond again, up to 10 minutes.

The toolkit for MIP (krypton toolkit) has issues under Vista 64bit, that's why it's not working correctly. Some have it working, some don't, never got enough details on those where it works to find the difference.

The 32bit versus 64bit in the installer will install the proper dll for mediainfo.dll .. that will cause it to hang big time if the wrong dll is there... to test, grab mediainfo.dll from sourceforge (his site there) and put it into mip's folder.

I haven't tried it under Windows 7, might actually work there (64bit that is, 32bit is fine)

- Bram77 - 2009-10-04

I can't get it to install in Wine 1.1.30. The installer keeps trying to install .NET2.0 and WIndows Installer 3.1. I already have .NET2.0 installed with winetricks. I can't make a portable version since I need to install it to be able to do that...

- Kilack - 2009-10-04

fekker Wrote:if you wait long enough it'll respond again, up to 10 minutes.

The toolkit for MIP (krypton toolkit) has issues under Vista 64bit, that's why it's not working correctly. Some have it working, some don't, never got enough details on those where it works to find the difference.

The 32bit versus 64bit in the installer will install the proper dll for mediainfo.dll .. that will cause it to hang big time if the wrong dll is there... to test, grab mediainfo.dll from sourceforge (his site there) and put it into mip's folder.

I haven't tried it under Windows 7, might actually work there (64bit that is, 32bit is fine)

Hi Fekker,

This is on windows 2008 server. I copied over a mediainfo.dll from a 64bit install and tried with that, what is interesting perhaps is that.. there are files that are generated on installs.. 32bit.txt and 64bit.txt

I assume on a 64bit machine that 64bit.txt should be present, when I did the install on a 32bit winxp machine (but chose 64bit in the install options) 64bit.txt was generated into the mip folder.
When i did a 64bit install on win2008 64bit OS (and chose 64bit in the install) it placed 32bit.txt there...
does that sound right?, i deleted the 32bit.txt anyway and replaced it with 64bit.txt then tried starting mip and what do you know, it works Smile

- fekker - 2009-10-05

Bram77 Wrote:I can't get it to install in Wine 1.1.30. The installer keeps trying to install .NET2.0 and WIndows Installer 3.1. I already have .NET2.0 installed with winetricks. I can't make a portable version since I need to install it to be able to do that...

grab the portable version from source forge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/movieinfoplus/files/Media%20Info%20Plus/Media%20Info%20Plus%20-%202.0.0.2853/mediainfoplus_2809_portable.7z/download

and then update it with the newer builds

Quote:I assume on a 64bit machine that 64bit.txt should be present, when I did the install on a 32bit winxp machine (but chose 64bit in the install options) 64bit.txt was generated into the mip folder.
When i did a 64bit install on win2008 64bit OS (and chose 64bit in the install) it placed 32bit.txt there...
does that sound right?, i deleted the 32bit.txt anyway and replaced it with 64bit.txt then tried starting mip and what do you know, it works
very interesting for sure.. anyone else that has those issues that can confirm that fixes it?