Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- joebrady - 2009-10-16

see xbmc.org

- fekker - 2009-10-16

azido - try out 2.1.1.2950 - i did a quick test, but didn't run it through a full debug or anything

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mediainfoplus_build2.1.1.2950.zip

Note: this is a one off build that effectively removes media file scanning.

- Doomstone - 2009-10-17

fekker Wrote:a few things that we will need to know
- what os are you running?
- 32/64bit?
- what build of the program are you running?
- when does it "crash" and what does the dialog look like? (screenshots ok)

mip has no database, it uses your files and reads the information from them, so there's no way for it to remember what's what, but scans are generally very fast.

here's some general answers
if your running vista 64bit, it's not going to work right
if your running windows 7, it's prob a permissions issue on the mip install folder, change permissions to full control for the user your logged in as
if your running windows xp, 64 bit, and didn't select the install option for 64bit, you'll need to grab the mediainfo.dll from sourceforge (google it) that's for 64bit
if your running a old build, please update to the latest test build (folks here can point ya in the right direction, it's up on mip's website, in the download section)

other then that, it should not be crashing.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, but also had the problem with Windows Vista 32 bit.
I am running the program as administrator.
The "crashes" happens under scanning. the program just stops responding. this happens about 60% of the time.
I'm running the lastest release 2.0.1.2882.

Sorry that i can't give you any more information, but as i said, the program dose not throw an error. But just stops responding. i think is is a loop problems in one of the none threadet part of you scanning.

- fekker - 2009-10-17

Doomstone Wrote:I am running Windows 7 64bit, but also had the problem with Windows Vista 32 bit.
I am running the program as administrator.
The "crashes" happens under scanning. the program just stops responding. this happens about 60% of the time.
I'm running the lastest release 2.0.1.2882.

Sorry that i can't give you any more information, but as i said, the program dose not throw an error. But just stops responding. i think is is a loop problems in one of the none threadet part of you scanning.

i see.

two things, one is to update to a current build

the other is the with the themoviedb being down, it'll appear to stop for a long time if your in download mode as it's trying to get the images and information. You can disable themoviedb in the settings.

another way, pull up the task manager and kill the wget process, that's the one that downloads files, for each file a new process is created, so that will be a bugger to do it that way, but it's an option.

update to the latest version
when you start the program, uncheck allow icon selection, and change it fro download mode to display mode.

also, try disabling the scan for media information in the settings. or getting an updated version of mediainfo.dll from sourceforge at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mediainfo/MediaInfoLib%20-%20DLL/0.7.23/MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.23_Windows_x64_WithoutInstaller.7z?use_mirror=softlayer

- azido - 2009-10-17

fekker Wrote:azido - try out 2.1.1.2950 - i did a quick test, but didn't run it through a full debug or anything

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mediainfoplus_build2.1.1.2950.zip

Note: this is a one off build that effectively removes media file scanning.

yeah, thank you fekker. edited plot on an episode and this time it did not add meta data to nfo. great. the only thing left that isn't quite comfortable is the fact that MIP writes a complete new nfo instead of just editing the changed fields in an existing one, so anything i came up by exporting video library in xbmc (i.e. cast/meta data gathered by xbmc) gets lost for that episode again. but that's not really bugging me in this situation, as reexporting video lib will bring them back.

does this mean on your next "regular" update it will be writing that data again? if yes, i have to keep using 2950 Wink

- azido - 2009-10-17

joebrady Wrote:see xbmc.org

thanks, must have been missing that post.

- lonchaney - 2009-10-18

hey, i use MIP to scrape my tv shows but sometimes thetvdb doesn't have certain parts up when i scrape. how do i make sure it gets the info later when i use MIP again?

an example is that sometimes the picture for the episode isn't up the first time i scrape and then when i scrape later i don't get it...can anyone help me out?

- azido - 2009-10-18

hmm fekker, it's me again..

now for any unknown reason, MIP adds a "." to every nfo and tbn in season folder, so

S01E01.nfo
S01E01.tbn

will become

S01E01..nfo
S01E01..tbn

how to avoid that?

edit: seems that it only does that if there is no previous existing nfo/tbn in that dir or if i save any changes to an nfo.
edit2: it does this for every nfo and tbn it creates. and looking at my previous shows (edited with an earlier build of MIP) it seems it does that for quite some time now (namely started to do this somewhere between 2946 and 2950)..

- timdog82001 - 2009-10-19

I don´t know quite what you´ve got planned for music but I´d very much appreciate something that would allow stealing some info from iTunes libraries, namely the rating details, and writing it to the xbmc library. Would you be interested in something like that? You can export your library.xml file in itunes and perhaps this program could read that, compare file locations listed in the itunes library.xml to locations in xbmc´s music library file and then transfer rating info?

- azido - 2009-10-20

hmmm..

i would love to have a simple "EDIT" mode for tv shows in MIP.

assuming you already processed all the tvshow info, all the episode infos and all the thumbnails, in this mode the only thing that MIP should do is read what is already present WITHOUT DOWNLOADING ANYTHING and WITHOUT WRITING ANYTHING TO DISK unless one hits SAVE on anything. that way a user decides what should be on disk and whats not. At the time of writing this, even in DISPLAY mode upon loading shows, MIP writes stuff to disk i did not ask it for.

for example, MIP writes season.nfo and seasonxx.tbn for ALL seasons, even if i only have one of them. i don't want nfo/tbn for stuff i don't have. although on one hand it might be clever to copy/download all that is present for a given show, unless i won't use all that data, it just blows up mip's cache and wastes diskspace for stuff i do not care of at given moment.

also, MIP keeps writing its additional sxxexx..nfo and tbn everytime i just have removed them, since i already have an nfo and a tbn for the episodes. that one is really annoying me.

all i would like to do in MIP now is to assign different fanarts to different seasons, because i cannot do that in xbmc.

Another request would be to be able to change the ALL SEASONS tbn image. i do not see a way to do this in MIP yet.

i don't want to sound rude or anything, but at this moment it just feels like there is a huge overpresence of data generated by MIP that is simply not needed. it should focus on the stuff that is present and have a closer look to data that is already on disk.

If your plans are not to deal with this in MIP, please consider this to be a really wanted feature in umx.

- fekker - 2009-10-21

azido Wrote:hmmm..

i would love to have a simple "EDIT" mode for tv shows in MIP.

assuming you already processed all the tvshow info, all the episode infos and all the thumbnails, in this mode the only thing that MIP should do is read what is already present WITHOUT DOWNLOADING ANYTHING and WITHOUT WRITING ANYTHING TO DISK unless one hits SAVE on anything. that way a user decides what should be on disk and whats not. At the time of writing this, even in DISPLAY mode upon loading shows, MIP writes stuff to disk i did not ask it for.

for example, MIP writes season.nfo and seasonxx.tbn for ALL seasons, even if i only have one of them. i don't want nfo/tbn for stuff i don't have. although on one hand it might be clever to copy/download all that is present for a given show, unless i won't use all that data, it just blows up mip's cache and wastes diskspace for stuff i do not care of at given moment.

also, MIP keeps writing its additional sxxexx..nfo and tbn everytime i just have removed them, since i already have an nfo and a tbn for the episodes. that one is really annoying me.

all i would like to do in MIP now is to assign different fanarts to different seasons, because i cannot do that in xbmc.

Another request would be to be able to change the ALL SEASONS tbn image. i do not see a way to do this in MIP yet.

i don't want to sound rude or anything, but at this moment it just feels like there is a huge overpresence of data generated by MIP that is simply not needed. it should focus on the stuff that is present and have a closer look to data that is already on disk.

If your plans are not to deal with this in MIP, please consider this to be a really wanted feature in umx.

i'll look into the extra . in filenames

The extras seasonXX.nfo files are so mip can figure out if it should be using dvd or aired order, had to save those options somewhere, so it became an nfo as mip doesn't have a db to store all the details.

you should be able to disable nfo and image creation for episodes in the config, i think that will still allow you to change things. if your in display mode with allow image selection unchecked, it shouldn't be downloading a bunch of things, although there are some things it still goes out for.

As for the other changes, i think those are best for UMM as most of mip works "good enough" to not go in and make major changes.

Hang in there, we are working on getting UMM features in place and another pre-alpha test out there. it's a ton of work, but it'll be worth it. UMM features take longer to get completed, as they have to work with many different options, linux/windows/osx, local client, remote server, as well as web based items.

And with addtional dev's onboard, the interaction with xbmc will be very handy (although tricky)

- azido - 2009-10-21

fekker Wrote:i'll look into the extra . in filenames

thanks for your reply. i hope i didn't sound too angry. just had a bad day.
Quote:you should be able to disable nfo and image creation for episodes in the config,
hmm.. all i can do is not allowing MIP to download thumbs and overwrite nfo and tbn. all 3 unchecked.

anything i miss? even if i say "ok, go on and overwrite the existing ones", it still creates a second .nfo like s01e01..nfo

it does no longer create those thumbs after i unchecked download tv episode thumbs. if i check it, it also creates s01e01..tbn

finally, if i understand you right, no option to change season thumb and all season thumb in MIP?

- adriank99 - 2009-10-21

Hello,

Im trying to rescan TV shows but i cant get MIP to forget all old data, i try deleting all the files it creates like , the nfo files and such but when i rescan it just brings back old data. Is there something stored in %appdata%? How do i start from fresh?

- azido - 2009-10-21

adriank99 Wrote:Hello,

Im trying to rescan TV shows but i cant get MIP to forget all old data, i try deleting all the files it creates like , the nfo files and such but when i rescan it just brings back old data. Is there something stored in %appdata%? How do i start from fresh?

its not in appdata but all downloaded and saved to it's cache in program dir.
inside tvdb you will find the folders represented by the show id number.

- adriank99 - 2009-10-21

azido Wrote:its not in appdata but all downloaded and saved to it's cache in program dir.
inside tvdb you will find the folders represented by the show id number.

awesome, thanks.