Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-10-31

kees667 Wrote:Thanks, I did the two step update and it runs 2952 now. Only problem is that it still only sees episode 10 and 20. Before running MIP I deleted al nfo and tbn files, so only iso files were there

next question, did you choose aired or dvd order for house?
not sure, check out the season01.nfo file in the folder

what language are you configured to use for the tvdb?

I tested with dvd order and also with aired order, using en, and it loaded the filenames without any problems.

- azido - 2009-10-31

fekker Wrote:next question, did you choose aired or dvd order for house?

I tested with dvd order and also with aired order, using en, and it loaded the filenames without any problems.

hello fekker,

is it possible MIP is one of the apps that does not work with junction links?

let me explain:

i have 4 dirs:

1-SERIEN_ORIGINAL
2-SERIEN_OFFLINE
3-SERIEN_KOMPLETT
4-SERIEN_UNFERTIG

now what i did was create dir 5: "DATABASE". inside this are all my shows. inside the shows are the season dirs as usual, but changed to link to the appropriate dir in the first four. an example:

i have X-FILES as original dvds, so in 1-SERIEN_ORIGINAL are all 9 seasons. if i go to DATABASE/XFILES, Season 1 points to J:\TV\1-SERIEN_ORIGINAL\XFILES_SEASON1. same happens to Season 2-9 in same directories.

this works perfect for xbmc and any other program i try with it. entering a season dir always looks like it is directly part of DATABASE\SHOW\SEASON X\.

in MIP now i can only see the shows showing up on the left after the initial download, but there is no display of the seasons and therefor also no display of the episodes at all. further, when i close MIP and start it again, it tries to load the shows (i can see them being displayed in the preping download for.. field) but nothing shows up at all then.

seems like MIP is not able to follow the junction links and takes the guess i have empty season folders?

- kees667 - 2009-10-31

I chose DVD order:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xbmcTvSeries xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <xbmctvseriesNumber>01</xbmctvseriesNumber>
  <xbmctvseriesUseDVDOrder>true</xbmctvseriesUseDVDOrder>
  <xbmctvseriesUseAiredOrder>false</xbmctvseriesUseAiredOrder>
  <xbmctvseries />
</xbmcTvSeries>

Also tv show language is set to EN.

I deleted all files except for the iso files themselves, and still I get episode 10 and 20. What strikes me as weird is that none of the files have 10 or 20 as a first episode, so I am clueless why exactly these ones are being picked.

fekker Wrote:next question, did you choose aired or dvd order for house?

- Halibutt - 2009-11-01

Is it me or is the settings menu inaccessible now? I autoupdated recently and bah, I click on settings, but it doesn't work. Nothing happens. So I deleted all files, redownloaded, reinstalled MIP and... still, no settings screen. Any ideas?
Cheers

- spawn101 - 2009-11-02

is anyone else having issues installing the 2882 patch after installing Latest Version - MIP 2.01 - build 2870? Ive tried it on both Vista 32 bit and windows 7 64 bit and it just crashes on both and wont install.....

- fekker - 2009-11-02

azido - mip won't support symlinks (guessing that's what your talking about)
try umm pre-alpha and pastebin it's log on the umm forums (since that will tell me what's going where and uses a similar load routine logic)

kees667 - are your files in the root of the directory?

halibutt - settings should not have changed, try the latest test build, maybe corrupt config.xml file, could try removing that one

spawn101, not sure about 2882, but grab 2952 and give that a try
(you might need 2.1.1.2946 first, it's on mips download page)

- azido - 2009-11-02

fekker Wrote:azido - mip won't support symlinks (guessing that's what your talking about)

those are no ordinary symbolic links, they are more like a "mount point" for directories. see this for a description.. but well, looks like MIP doesn't support them either. too bad.

will give the uMM alpha a try shortly, though i guess it will be the same there. hopefully you can include support for that. any other program so far treats those as just being ordinary folders. very useful if you need a specific path structure but want to be flexible with the storage of the real files.

- Halibutt - 2009-11-02

fekker Wrote:halibutt - settings should not have changed, try the latest test build, maybe corrupt config.xml file, could try removing that one
I have the latest test build and I removed all files prior to installing it anew. It says it's 2914.

EDIT/ strange as it seems, the options work, but not in maximised window. Only when the window is shrunk the buttons work properly. Any ideas?
Cheers

- Halibutt - 2009-11-02

Oh, and another, unrelated bug spotted: when loading tunes, MIP crashed on loading mp3s with dots in their names. Namely B.B. King - The Thrill is Gone.mp3. When I removed the entire B.B.King's folder, the loading went on just fine.
Cheers

- fekker - 2009-11-03

azido Wrote:those are no ordinary symbolic links, they are more like a "mount point" for directories. see this for a description.. but well, looks like MIP doesn't support them either. too bad.

will give the uMM alpha a try shortly, though i guess it will be the same there. hopefully you can include support for that. any other program so far treats those as just being ordinary folders. very useful if you need a specific path structure but want to be flexible with the storage of the real files.

Please add a trac ticket for UMM and we will can see about adding support for those.

- fekker - 2009-11-03

Halibutt Wrote:I have the latest test build and I removed all files prior to installing it anew. It says it's 2914.

EDIT/ strange as it seems, the options work, but not in maximised window. Only when the window is shrunk the buttons work properly. Any ideas?
Cheers

weird, i'll bet that's another krypton toolkit display issue. 2952 should read 2952, if you run the command line tv show update, what does it output for build info (one of the first things it spits out).

Odd on the ... issue, it's prob trying to go up a folder or something dumb like that, i'll see if i can isolate it.

- kees667 - 2009-11-03

I gave up on the previous iso files, xbmc does detect them so it works. New issue is with twin peaks season 2.

Folder structure is:
Z:\Series\Twin Peaks\season 2
filenames are:
twin peaks.s02.e13.avi
twin peaks.s02.e16.avi
twin peaks.s02.e20.avi
twin peaks.s02.e07.avi

And I get:
The following episodes could not be loaded:
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e13.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e16.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e20.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e07.avi

I have renamed them a dozen times now, changed E and S to smallcaps, removed a . between the words "twin" and "peaks" but still not working. Running 2.1.1.2952. Do I need to reset something? Previous shows worked great.

- fekker - 2009-11-03

kees667 Wrote:I gave up on the previous iso files, xbmc does detect them so it works. New issue is with twin peaks season 2.

Folder structure is:
Z:\Series\Twin Peaks\season 2
filenames are:
twin peaks.s02.e13.avi
twin peaks.s02.e16.avi
twin peaks.s02.e20.avi
twin peaks.s02.e07.avi

And I get:
The following episodes could not be loaded:
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e13.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e16.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e20.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02.e07.avi

I have renamed them a dozen times now, changed E and S to smallcaps, removed a . between the words "twin" and "peaks" but still not working. Running 2.1.1.2952. Do I need to reset something? Previous shows worked great.
remove the . between the season and episode numbers
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e13.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e16.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e20.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e07.avi

- kees667 - 2009-11-03

THANKS! that was it! finally!

I was following naming guidelines from XBMC (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows) and they do allow for the .
I'll never use one again!

fekker Wrote:remove the . between the season and episode numbers
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e13.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e16.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e20.avi
Twin Peaks: twin peaks.s02e07.avi

- Halibutt - 2009-11-05

fekker Wrote:weird, i'll bet that's another krypton toolkit display issue. 2952 should read 2952, if you run the command line tv show update, what does it output for build info (one of the first things it spits out).

Odd on the ... issue, it's prob trying to go up a folder or something dumb like that, i'll see if i can isolate it.
My bad, I had to screw something up, it says 2916 in miptvupdate.exe, which means it is 2916. I redownloaded 2952, but now miptvupdate.exe crashes (it shows the correct version before that though). And MIP doesn't start at all.

On another issue: in this thread we're trying to revive a PPC remote control application, apparently abandoned by its' creator. It works nicely as far as controlling XBMC goes, but there's some problems I can't seem to be able to sort out. Namely the app runs as a PHP server and it scans the XBMC library and apparently also scans the .nfo files. It should (and for some people it does) also grab wideicons for TV shows and posters for movies, and show them on your PPC or other WM-powered device . Yet, for me it doesn't show any graphics. Someone suggested it's because MIP leaves the <thumb> field empty (in the form of </ thumb>). Any ideas what we're doing wrong? (Check the last two pages, the rest is old and unimportant here).

Cheers