Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-11-24

Halibutt Wrote:Okay, I ran into a problem (this time unrelated to music). I got this tv show (a mini-series) in DVD format. That is each episode is a separate DVD image (vob/bup/ifo files). For obvious reasons I can't copy all files into one folder, as one would overwrite the others (files have uniform names on DVDs), so I grouped them as follows: ..\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową\Series 1\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową - S01E01 - Ucieczka\VIDEO_TS.VOB is episode 1, ..\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową\Series 1\Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową - S01E02 - Za bronią\VIDEO_TS.VOB is episode 2 and so on.

Now when I try to load my tv shows into MIP (2914), it tells me
Code:
No show data exists for the following shows:
Jak rozpętałem II wojnę światową

Any ideas?
Cheers
It looks at the file itself and not the folder that it's in for getting the tvshow episode information, so it's not going to assign the info for the episode. I'll add it to UMM (check parent folder for season/episode info), we should have another test build (core test) very soon, we do have an older rev up in our forums that would allow you to enter in missing data manually, however that build doesn't check the parent folder for season/episode info.

Quote:jkeysers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeysers View Post
1. After each movie has begun scanning, it stops and says something like "More than one movie was found in the search, pick the correct one or cancel adding this movie". At this point I have to choose the movie from a list. Is there a way to automate this process so I dont have to do this? It will take me an eternity if I have to confirm each movie scanned. As it is, it's taking me about 5-10 minutes to get through the 7 movies i'm testing with.
I sorted out my other problems, but I still cant sort this one out, which means it will take me days to scan my movie library.

Last night I decided to try and do a TV scan, everything worked except it didnt download episode thumbnails, even though I had the box checked.

Anyone able to help me out with those couple of things?
Make sure your using a newer build. ~(2952) (search this thread for that number for download link)

- Halibutt - 2009-11-24

fekker Wrote:It looks at the file itself and not the folder that it's in for getting the tvshow episode information, so it's not going to assign the info for the episode. I'll add it to UMM (check parent folder for season/episode info), we should have another test build (core test) very soon, we do have an older rev up in our forums that would allow you to enter in missing data manually, however that build doesn't check the parent folder for season/episode info.
Yeah, forgot to ask about adding info manually in my previous post. Thanks for the info (and can't wait for UMM, of course).
Cheers

- jkeysers - 2009-11-25

fekker Wrote:Make sure your using a newer build. ~(2952) (search this thread for that number for download link)

Whenever I try and run 2952 windows tells me MIP has encoutered an error and needs to close. Older versions worked OK.

- mkoby - 2009-11-25

fekker Wrote:try clearing the temp files
mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything

This didn't help. And I've done it twice and on two different computers.

Now on shows like Weeds (where I have 4 seasons of episodes divied up to their respective season folders) it shows nothing and for shows that have been downloaded previously that have more than one season (like Dead Like Me) it only shows the first season.

Could this have something to do with TheTVDB api? With their recent outage and moving things around could something have changed? What's odd is my XBMC install won't parse any Weeds episodes either and it' too uses TVDB to parse.

- fekker - 2009-11-26

jkeysers Wrote:Whenever I try and run 2952 windows tells me MIP has encoutered an error and needs to close. Older versions worked OK.

grab the latest 2.1 build from my site, extract it to your mip directory (overwriteing files)
then extract 2952 to your mip directory, that should fix the error.

Quote:mkoby
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekker View Post
try clearing the temp files
mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything
This didn't help. And I've done it twice and on two different computers.

Now on shows like Weeds (where I have 4 seasons of episodes divied up to their respective season folders) it shows nothing and for shows that have been downloaded previously that have more than one season (like Dead Like Me) it only shows the first season.

Could this have something to do with TheTVDB api? With their recent outage and moving things around could something have changed? What's odd is my XBMC install won't parse any Weeds episodes either and it' too uses TVDB to parse.
try removing the seasonXX.nfo files and when prompted use aired order, it might be something wacked with dvd order for those. if that don't work, grab umm from our team site (teamumx.org forums) and scan in your tv shows. Then pastebin the log file if it doesn't pick them up, the log is much more verbose in umm then in mip.

- Nosferatu - 2009-12-01

mkoby Wrote:This didn't help. And I've done it twice and on two different computers.

hi,
look's like the same prob I had in the past...

check the season.nfo's that u have aired order instead of dvd order

.ts and episode thumbs - ejkeebler - 2009-12-02

I still cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix these two issues.

A) I have a file named heroes.s1e11.ts, I update my shows and it now finds that I do have the show (it didn't use to I don't think) but still creates no nfo file for it.

-- for the time being i just rename the .ts to .mpg and handle it that way which is not a big deal since i have to rename the files anyway.

B) none of my shows get thumbs for the episodes, I've checked the sites and most of them seem to exist. i.e. 30 rock, the name is \30 rock\season 4\30 rock_s4e01.avi nfo is created fine, and if you go to http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=79488&seasonid=119071&id=1084341&lid=7 you can see there is an episode image (http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/episodes/79488/1084341.jpg) but the NFO file says http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/79488/1084341.jpg and if you put that in the browser you get the thumb, but no thumb is created

Am I missing something on these two issuesHuh

- Kid Eh - 2009-12-03

Hi,
So I just loaded MIP today and did all my movies and it worked amazingly. When I went to do the same for my tv shows I set the root folder and clicked load shows, MIP prepped the download data and then I got a .NET Framework error, which said "could not find "C:\Program Files (x86)\mediainfoplus\temp\Arrested Development.xml"
So either MIP isn't creating that file or it's creating it in a different place. I've tried playing around with the settings but haven't been successful. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

oh here's the error in it's entirety

Thanks in advance

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\Arrested Development.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\Arrested Development.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
at movieinfoplus.thetvdb.TVSeriesData.readTVSeriesXML(String xmllocationandfilename, TVSeriesData& vTVSeriesData)
at movieinfoplus.tvshowcollection.kbLoadTvShows(Boolean debugon, Boolean dlo)
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbShowsLoadShows_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
Assembly Version: 2.1.1.2941
Win32 Version: 2.1.1.2941
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
zzwhjwyy
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
2qnad8sh

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- fekker - 2009-12-03

.ts issue should have been fixed in the last test build i put out. Same with the images not being downloaded.

Try this update, this should contain all key items for folks to update from any newer version of mip.

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_2952_full.rar

The xml error is prob when thetvdb went down, or a corrupt zip of the show data.

clear out the zip files (located in C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything)

and try again

- [els] - 2009-12-03

Please ...
In every episode that does not fave the .tbn appears this message ... How can I fix?
I noticed that some images are missing episodes and every time I open the Media Info Plus it makes downloading multiple images to the cache ... Why?
Congratulations and grateful for the attention.
[els]

- fekker - 2009-12-03

[els];451133 Wrote:Please ...
In every episode that does not fave the .tbn appears this message ... How can I fix?
I noticed that some images are missing episodes and every time I open the Media Info Plus it makes downloading multiple images to the cache ... Why?
Congratulations and grateful for the attention.
[els]

Please update to 2952

I'm not sure what you mean by "In every episode that does not fave the .tbn appears this message ... How can I fix?"

For the images, It's trying to cache the images locally, once it has done so it won't try to download that image again. With older revisions, the link that thetvdb was using was no longer used, so mip would always try (and fail) to download the images.

- [els] - 2009-12-04

Displays the series, but does not display the seasons and the episodes ... See screenshots ...

- fekker - 2009-12-06

[els];451321 Wrote:Displays the series, but does not display the seasons and the episodes ... See screenshots ...

just means that it can't find the info for the episodes (or there isn't any that have a valid extension)

UMM is much better about this as it doesn't care if the scrapers find the data for it to appear. We are working hard on getting UMM done, it's very complex, but will handle media so much better (and way faster) then MIP, downloads are seperated from scraping (when compared to how mip handles it) and it's error handling and logging is way better.

- digitalhigh - 2009-12-07

Okay, just noticed that my movie outlines are displaying <div class="info-content"> in the outline descriptions...

Also, still trying to get my hands on a test copy of UMM. Tried getting into the servers a while ago and was told that no forum topics exist...

- User 42580 - 2009-12-07

Does MIP still works with newer XBMC builds?
My movies have all been scraped by MIP and the newer ones don't seem to get the director tag correctly.