Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-31

K, fekker. Timer says the version with the flagging implemented will be uploaded to the ftp address I gave you in 8 minutes. Right now I've only made icons for the different resolutions and and audio channels, but I think it will work.

I've been going over this in my head all day, what would be best...and I think maybe using the "studio" tag instead of writer would be better, simply because you can still use the studio tag to convey studio information, but you can also keep the writer tag in use when it is used.

I dunno. One minute I think it's a good idea, then I'm not so sure which would be better. I just know it would be cool to have full writer fields for everything as well. I guess if it's just for Serenity, then it would be fine. I think stark uses a similar method to determine studios, so it would probably be easier for DJH to adapt to as well.

And...oh. Yeah. So I'll trade you a version for the kids to play with in exchange for that "extra media" flag I mentioned. MIP only makes an extras folder when it has images in it, right? How hard would it be to have it look for the extras folder and say "extramediaon"?

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-31

Quote:you'll just need to re-install image magick, not mip.. be sure to select the option so i'll have access to the dll ("Install ImageMagickObject OLE Control for VBscript, Visual Basic, and WSH")

Once I've done that will the necessary resizing occur automatically - or do i need to manually hit the resize button for selected movies. If so what size should I aim for? Thanks!

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-03-31

was just playing with MIP today, worked fine at the beginning then started overwriting my original moviename.nfos. Sad Only save movie.nfo is checked in Settings.

Also have a question if Writers can be imported to <credits> in nfos from IMDb.

Anyway thanks for this great utility.

- fekker - 2009-03-31

ezechiel1917 Wrote:was just playing with MIP today, worked fine at the beginning then started overwriting my original moviename.nfos. Sad Only save movie.nfo is checked in Settings.

Also have a question if Writers can be imported to <credits> in nfos from IMDb.

Anyway thanks for this great utility.
It's prob injecting the media information into them. OR it's that they are file level movies, in which case there's no other option but to use that name for the data to work with them. On the other hand, it should leave the data you had in there.

Does this cause a loss of data / information for your movie? or just update it with additional items?

Quote:Once I've done that will the necessary resizing occur automatically - or do i need to manually hit the resize button for selected movies. If so what size should I aim for? Thanks!
For music there's an automatic option, for movies and shows it's manual..
shoot for the smaller rez and compress it for best results.. how much will depend on the image.. it may only be 50k, compression wouldn't be needed, or it could be 2megs, compression would be needed for the xbox since it's got limited hardware.

fekker Wrote:It's prob injecting the media information into them. OR it's that they are file level movies, in which case there's no other option but to use that name for the data to work with them. On the other hand, it should leave the data you had in there.

Does this cause a loss of data / information for your movie? or just update it with additional items?

Movies were folder level, worked fine at the beginning (at least I guess) then I found out all of the original nfos were overwritten, some left with .nfo.oldversion the rest unfortunately not.

One more thing, is it normal that imported actor thumbs are small like this? http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg1NzQzODEyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTA5NTYyMQ@@._V1._SY30_SX23_.jpg

Any chance for higher res? Thanks for info

- fekker - 2009-03-31

ezechiel1917 Wrote:Movies were folder level, worked fine at the beginning (at least I guess) then I found out all of the original nfos were overwritten, some left with .nfo.oldversion the rest unfortunately not.

One more thing, is it normal that imported actor thumbs are small like this? http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTg1NzQzODEyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTA5NTYyMQ@@._V1._SY30_SX23_.jpg

Any chance for higher res? Thanks for info

Doh! that means i missed an update to one of the functions .. i'll get that fixed up, it's on one of the 100,000+ lines of my user code (mip's pretty complex, for me at least)

I'll see if there's something better for actors.. does xbmc display those now?

fekker Wrote:Doh! that means i missed an update to one of the functions .. i'll get that fixed up, it's on one of the 100,000+ lines of my user code (mip's pretty complex, for me at least)

I'll see if there's something better for actors.. does xbmc display those now?

yup its being displayed as a big blurred blot Big Grin

Poster artwork - SantzHex - 2009-03-31

I remember seeing a post a while back regarding the ability to grab movie posters from getvideoartwork.com. It was stated that the code was already in place, but permission was needed before proceeding.

Is there any status on this?

- Hitcher - 2009-03-31

SantzHex Wrote:I remember seeing a post a while back regarding the ability to grab movie posters from getvideoartwork.com. It was stated that the code was already in place, but permission was needed before proceeding.

I'm interested in this too as I use them for my posters because they're of such good quality.

- andyblac - 2009-03-31

fekker Wrote:what version of mip are ya using? (build number)
I may have broken that with the Certification data support in 2823

yeah, i'm using rev2823

- Hitcher - 2009-03-31

digitalhigh Wrote:K, fekker. Timer says the version with the flagging implemented will be uploaded to the ftp address I gave you in 8 minutes. Right now I've only made icons for the different resolutions and and audio channels, but I think it will work.

I've been going over this in my head all day, what would be best...and I think maybe using the "studio" tag instead of writer would be better, simply because you can still use the studio tag to convey studio information, but you can also keep the writer tag in use when it is used.

I dunno. One minute I think it's a good idea, then I'm not so sure which would be better. I just know it would be cool to have full writer fields for everything as well. I guess if it's just for Serenity, then it would be fine. I think stark uses a similar method to determine studios, so it would probably be easier for DJH to adapt to as well.

And...oh. Yeah. So I'll trade you a version for the kids to play with in exchange for that "extra media" flag I mentioned. MIP only makes an extras folder when it has images in it, right? How hard would it be to have it look for the extras folder and say "extramediaon"?

DJH is in agreement over using the 'Studio' field instead of the 'Writer' one.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=306901#post306899

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-04-01

Hitcher Wrote:DJH is in agreement over using the 'Studio' field instead of the 'Writer' one.

Is that the reason why <credits> doesn't work with latest MIP version even if skin based flaggin option is unchecked in settings? Or writers weren't implemented yet anyway?

- fekker - 2009-04-01

Hitcher Wrote:DJH is in agreement over using the 'Studio' field instead of the 'Writer' one.

done, changed in the upcoming build to use the studio field.. the media info has to be rescanned anyway to support the updated way to detect resolution (man talk about too many different ways movies are actually stored in the container, from different resolutions, to crazy compression and scaling.. it's improved in the next rev)

in addition, i'm reworking how .nfo's are handled and created, switching it to a module and calling that same module from everywhere.. this will prevent me from missing a change to that area, like i did with pre-cache overwriting existing .nfo files that are not xbmc nfo's.. it should always rename those so there's no data lost.

it's a little tricky right now, but almost there..

- fekker - 2009-04-01

SantzHex Wrote:I remember seeing a post a while back regarding the ability to grab movie posters from getvideoartwork.com. It was stated that the code was already in place, but permission was needed before proceeding.

in process so to speak Big Grin
when done, it will be awesome.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-01

Brilliant work fekker, oh and your PM box is full.