Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Halibutt - 2009-04-03

Just to keep you informed, the latest version works just fine with movies, but TV shows fail to load at all (lots of "Error in banner read") pointing at some files in \cache\tvdb\ directory (which in my case is empty).
Cheers

- paul - 2009-04-03

thanks for the new link fekker great program

- fekker - 2009-04-03

midgetspy Wrote:Movie name: A.Few.Good.Men.BluRay.mkv
NFO name: A.Few.Good.Men.BluRay.nfo

NFO contents: http://pastebin.com/m227ff5ff

All of my NFOs were generated with Media Companion. MIP seems to know they exist (there's a green checkmark beside everything but Trailer at the bottom of the list) but it doesn't use any of the info and doesn't update them.

Ok, i did a step by step on that .nfo file through each line of code, the latest build reads it up correctly.

Please try the latest build 2835 with that same test file.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:Ok, i did a step by step on that .nfo file through each line of code, the latest build reads it up correctly.

Please try the latest build 2835 with that same test file.

How can I try adding the media info to a single file? I was using autopilot before.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Kilack Wrote:Hi Fekker

Not sure if you missed my message as there are so many to you Smile

I checked if I could hit that server on 8080 and it works fine, can view the image etc.

Anything else I can try? I tried turning on debug mode but it basically made mip freeze up for 30 minutes and the tvshowdebug.log only had 1 line in it.

If you have any ideas it would be much appreciated.

try the command line version to update the shows, that should show each item and what it's doing (i think)

- fekker - 2009-04-03

midgetspy Wrote:How can I try adding the media info to a single file? I was using autopilot before.
put MIP in "Display" mode, with allow icon selection unchecked (top of screen)

Load movies, click on show name in the left list, click on "refresh" in the Media Information area on the right.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

lestat1977uk Wrote:This new version looks amazing, great work

Does the monitor function work yet?

The monitor function pretty much got rolled into the command line version to update shows, you can schedule that in windows to run at whatever intervals as well.

I'm not sure how handy it will be for mip to do it with the gui open, but i'll prob add it later.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Halibutt Wrote:Just to keep you informed, the latest version works just fine with movies, but TV shows fail to load at all (lots of "Error in banner read") pointing at some files in \cache\tvdb\ directory (which in my case is empty).
Cheers

tvdb was returning some 0k zip files for shows..

see if there are 0k files in
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything
if so remove them

that's where it trys to save the compressed show data when it grabs it from thetvdb, if those are zero, extraction will fail, and the "error in banner read" when it trys to read the banners file (that's where the images are at for shows, posters & fanart) and the first item it hits during loading in MIP.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

paul Wrote:thanks for the new link fekker great program

Your welcome!

whew. . think i got everything reply'd to.. Big Grin

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-03

Command line version?

is that included, sorry really new to this, amazing software though.

- midgetspy - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:put MIP in "Display" mode, with allow icon selection unchecked (top of screen)

Load movies, click on show name in the left list, click on "refresh" in the Media Information area on the right.

OK that worked. Next I tried autopilot which seems to be working... I don't know what I did differently or if it's a change from 2831 but it looks like it's working now - thanks!

EDIT: Well now it's not overwriting my NFO's but it keeps freezing. Three times it's froze, it just stops doing anything and RAM usage goes through the roof (like up to 700MB before I killed it). I'll try doing them one at a time and see if that helps.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

midgetspy Wrote:OK that worked. Next I tried autopilot which seems to be working... I don't know what I did differently or if it's a change from 2831 but it looks like it's working now - thanks!

it's fixed post 2831 (2835+ finally got it sorted).. i had to do a line by line and found that I wasn't setting the flags right for file mode, so it was using folder rules filters.. good thing ya didn't give up, mip was hosed in that area and now is much better Big Grin

I use folders for the most part so file level items seem to slip by alot.

If all goes well with 2835 i'll make another install version and roll all the changes into it.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

lestat1977uk Wrote:Command line version?

is that included, sorry really new to this, amazing software though.

command line is for the tvshows right now, it allow updates without opening the gui and has 1 param (optional) to overwrite existing .nfo's with new data

miptvupdate.exe

to update the .nfo's
miptvupdate.exe -nfoupdate

when autopilot has all the glitches worked out and can pull from any configured site, there will be an option for movies as well... prob called mipmovieupdate.exe or something.. but that's not coded at all yet

- Kilack - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:try the command line version to update the shows, that should show each item and what it's doing (i think)

Sorry, where can I find information on using the command line version?
Is it a separate binary? or just running mediainfoplus.exe with arguments?
i tried -help but it gave back nothing and just loaded the GUI..

checked the wiki, searched through this thread but cant find any information on it really unless im a bit blind Smile

- midgetspy - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:it's fixed post 2831 (2835+ finally got it sorted).. i had to do a line by line and found that I wasn't setting the flags right for file mode, so it was using folder rules filters.. good thing ya didn't give up, mip was hosed in that area and now is much better Big Grin

I use folders for the most part so file level items seem to slip by alot.

If all goes well with 2835 i'll make another install version and roll all the changes into it.

Well it's not overwriting the files but I it has some kind of infinite loop/memory leak problem. Recently I just tried clicking on a movie in my list after going "Load Movies" and mt CPU usage went up to 80-90% (RAM stayed at 100MB ish). Earlier when I tried autoscan it went to about 50% CPU but started consuming about 7MB/s of RAM until I killed it. In both cases the GUI was totally frozen and I had to kill the program manually.