Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-03

Yeah a guide on that would be great

- fekker - 2009-04-03

midgetspy Wrote:Well it's not overwriting the files but I it has some kind of infinite loop/memory leak problem. Recently I just tried clicking on a movie in my list after going "Load Movies" and mt CPU usage went up to 80-90% (RAM stayed at 100MB ish). Earlier when I tried autoscan it went to about 50% CPU but started consuming about 7MB/s of RAM until I killed it. In both cases the GUI was totally frozen and I had to kill the program manually.

sometimes it does that when it's reading the media, it should recover.

Most of the gui is not in a background worker or seperate thread, so the gui update is not the best..

if you try the same thing, in display mode, icon selection off.. it should be very fast and not try to go grab data..

that's one of the reasons I did the precache option, it's way better and getting everything so it doesn't sit there for ever getting file by file level download.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Kilack Wrote:Sorry, where can I find information on using the command line version?
Is it a separate binary? or just running mediainfoplus.exe with arguments?
i tried -help but it gave back nothing and just loaded the GUI..

checked the wiki, searched through this thread but cant find any information on it really unless im a bit blind Smile

command line version requires a few settings to work.

basically you need to add the show folder to MIP, using hte GUI or crack open the config.xml if your brave (gui's easier)

shows need to have either a tvshow.nfo with it's data or a file called tvdbid.txt in the main folder with just the "thetvdb.com" id number in it (no extra lines or anything, just the number)

to run it.. open a command prompt, change directory to mip's install directory and run miptvupdate.exe

to force it to rewrite the .nfo files.. run miptvupdate.exe -nfoupdate
(you can also just double click on the exe file from an explorer window)

I just updated the tv show version to show the wget windows, since tvdb is having some issues with episdoe images, and to make it actually go grab those images it was still looking to the old server.

the updated build is 2836
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_build2836_exefilesonly.zip

Cool does that just continue running then, that really is what i have been looking for.

again great app, i really am impressed by how far it has come, the custom colours are also a cool touch

- djh_ - 2009-04-03

Is it possible to just append the media flag info to existing studio values? I have the studios just how I want atm and don't want them overridden by IMDb's defaults.

always find it funny when i see posts between developers!

You guys are top quality!

Aeon + Media Info Plus - Perfect Solution

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

djh_ Wrote:Is it possible to just append the media flag info to existing studio values? I have the studios just how I want atm and don't want them overridden by IMDb's defaults.

+1 Wink

I just realized that I'm going to have to go through all my movies and redux a lot of stuff.

Edit:

Oh yeah...this is me reminding you about TV color themes too. Big Grin

i have a few eps that cannot be picked up , how do u change/update, i mean i can just rename the file but wondered if i can do this through the app?

- fekker - 2009-04-03

djh_ Wrote:Is it possible to just append the media flag info to existing studio values? I have the studios just how I want atm and don't want them overridden by IMDb's defaults.

Let me see what I can do.. that was the default before, but when I ran it more then once, things went crazy ..

Here we go.. this should do it
i'll add a checkbox.. Leave my studio information alone (something like that).. it will take whatever is currently in the studio field and append to that.

I've been messing with the tvshow command line adding in options.. like download everything, now, with no delay and no wait time.. poof 1800 wget windows load.. that's not for the faint at heart for sure.. i'll leave that one out of the commands list

tv color themes.. hmm have to remind me again on that one Big Grin

- fekker - 2009-04-03

lestat1977uk Wrote:i have a few eps that cannot be picked up , how do u change/update, i mean i can just rename the file but wondered if i can do this through the app?

the gui should have popped up a big ole dialog box that lets you change them .. command line doesn't have that option.

- akmofo - 2009-04-03

If I currently have the wide/banner as the folder.jpg for all my TV Shows, is it possible to batch replace them all with the poster?

- midgetspy - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:sometimes it does that when it's reading the media, it should recover.

Most of the gui is not in a background worker or seperate thread, so the gui update is not the best..

if you try the same thing, in display mode, icon selection off.. it should be very fast and not try to go grab data..

that's one of the reasons I did the precache option, it's way better and getting everything so it doesn't sit there for ever getting file by file level download.

I am in display mode with the icon selection off. It starts going down the list then just stops suddenly on one of the movies and freezes with the RAM usage going through the roof.

There are 2 distinct crashes. In each, I:

Open MIP
Click Display
Uncheck Icon Selection
Click Load Movies

In one crash, I just click on a movie in the list. The info never loads, the CPU usage goes up to 80-90%, but RAM stays constant (actually it fluctuates by about 50MB but averages about the same amount).

The other happens in one of 2 spots - during auto pilot or when I click Refresh on a movie. It doesn't happen always when I press refresh, only sometimes. And it doesn't always freeze on the same movie when I'm on autopilot, though some seem to give it more trouble than others. In this crash the CPU goes to exactly 50% but RAM just starts climbing and doesn't stop until I kill it.

Is there some kind of debug logging I can put on or something?

- Kilack - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:command line version requires a few settings to work.

basically you need to add the show folder to MIP, using hte GUI or crack open the config.xml if your brave (gui's easier)

shows need to have either a tvshow.nfo with it's data or a file called tvdbid.txt in the main folder with just the "thetvdb.com" id number in it (no extra lines or anything, just the number)

to run it.. open a command prompt, change directory to mip's install directory and run miptvupdate.exe

to force it to rewrite the .nfo files.. run miptvupdate.exe -nfoupdate
(you can also just double click on the exe file from an explorer window)

I just updated the tv show version to show the wget windows, since tvdb is having some issues with episdoe images, and to make it actually go grab those images it was still looking to the old server.

the updated build is 2836
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mediainfoplus_build2836_exefilesonly.zip

Outstanding mate, thanks a lot. It must be working because the files are coming down a _lot_ slower now hehe Sad

I have installed the new build but version in top left corner says 2825, that normal?

- Abeerdrinker - 2009-04-03

Can someone pls advise as to why this app no longer downloads the screen image for TV Shows in the folders anymore. I have deleted all files except mpg or avi files and still not updating. I know the proper format for shows are S01E01 and so forth but nothing is working where it use to work. I asked the same question on page 17 of this thread yet no one answered