Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-05

Build 2850 - http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_build2850_exefilesonly.zip
- fixed studio wasn't loading from movie.nfo (this was that weird bug, squashed now)
- fixed certification not always being loaded
- fixed autopilot overwriting studio when it should not have
- added - added fields to gui for studioreal tag (this is the studio in gui, studioreal in .nfo file)
- added - tag field, this shows what's acutally in the studio tag in the .nfo file
- added - certification field, to show the certification data in the .nfo
- fixed - media sometimes crashed when loading a file with no width in the video stream
- fixed - lockup during media read
- fixed - crash during autopilot when reading network media that times out
includes all fixes and changes (including the following)
- fixed .nfo being created when it was not suppose to be created.. was an error in which config value it was looking for
- added movie fanart size to toolbar, both in the toolbar, and under the tools menu
- added poster size to the picture box for movie (both folder.jpg and the tbn)
- added config option for tv shows to use either poster or wide image (default wide)
- includes all other fixes and changes from 2801
- movie mpaa and certification fields should now be created .. these are not yet appended to studio field
- mpaa rating should show for current movie, certification data should be in config only at this point, need to add to the gui for that field, xbmc will not use that field, but it will be used for skin based flagging by adding to studio area as outlined by jivetalker and digital high

- poubelle1970 - 2009-04-05

I'm discovering MIP, looks great.
A quick post to thank the creator.

- philter - 2009-04-05

fekker, do you think there is a chance you could add compress (maybe resize and compress?) to the Posters of movies and TV shows? Sometimes the poster I like and use is nearly 350KB...3x more than the actual fanart @ 1080 res!

- SokSimp - 2009-04-05

Thanks to all for working on this fantastic piece of software - especially fekker!

- hikaricore - 2009-04-05

An idea for Auto Pilot mode: Save the movies that require user interaction for last.

- MrDVD - 2009-04-05

@fekker - thx with the last build the background part works again.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

I second the idea with Auto pilot

Great new version btw

- krypt2nite - 2009-04-05

Any news on the special characters being formatted like &353d or whatever? If you want I can compile a list of characters and corresponding code.

- SokSimp - 2009-04-05

Sorry, but I have to confront you with my first request for help: I try to import some german shows (e.g. Alpha Centauri) which are documented in the TVDB but which MIP will not recognize. In XBMC I have to indicate the scraper language and a (DE) at the end helps also ... any tipps on how to handle this in MIP?

- Shadok - 2009-04-05

What's the best way to name my music albums ?
Artist - Album name ?

- david81 - 2009-04-05

Quick question...

Might there be a delay between new art being added to TMDB and MIPs ability to pull it? There are a few movies that I have that are not pulling any fanart, but when I go to TMDB, they show up no problem.

For Your Consideration and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life are two examples...

- Montellese - 2009-04-05

I just made an interesting observation:

Is it possible that MIP has a problem with movies which have a "." in their filename? E.g. "Mr. Brooks" saved as "Mr. Brooks.mkv" or "Die Hard 4.0.mkv" etc?

Because these movies just keep popping up in my "Missing Information", "Missing Movie Image" views etc no matter what I do. I now renamed "Mr. Brooks.mkv" to "Mr Brooks.mkv" and suddenly everything works fine.

Am I missing some option I can (un)check or something else?

EDIT: I just noticed that there is a disabled option (meaning I can't change it) in "File Level Filter Options" which says "Replace _ and . with space". Well that's fine by me but it doesn't really seem to work the way it should.

Rev 2850 Load TV Shows Failure / Network & ratings thoughts - JiveTalker - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:Build 2850 - http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_build2850_exefilesonly.zip

This build doesn't seem to load tv shows at all. However, the command line app is working fine except for a minor error that if you grab epsiode information for multiple episodes that the value you think has the network name (e.g. "FOX") in it gets "net" prefixed on it but in fact the "net" just keeps getting added again and again until episode 20 has "net" 20 times!

e.g. <director> / netnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetFOX / / / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / </director>

In TVshow.nfo the following appears for "24":

<rating>FOX</rating><mpaa>TV-14</mpaa><studio>FOX</studio>

shouldn't this be:
<rating>8.9</rating><mpaa>TV-14</mpaa><studio>netFOX</studio>

or for "UK" users the following:
<rating>8.9</rating><mpaa>15</mpaa><studio>netFOX</studio>

Additionally, if all episodes have the same video resolution and audio then it could have those values too, similar to movies. In particular it's nice to know which shows are in 720p so "24" may look something like this:
<studio>netFOX / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / eng</studio>
or if you leave mpaa with the original rating then localised rating could be here: <studio>netFOX / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / eng / certUK:15</studio>

The real icing on the cake would be if most of the episodes in a show have particular codec settings then to highlight those values with perhaps an asterisk to show there are exceptions so if I had, for example, two seasaons of "24" in 720p except for one or two episodes in 480p stereo then we'd have something like this:
<studio>netFOX / 720p* / AC-3* / 6ch* / eng / certUK:15</studio>
The skinner could then display alternate images, perhaps with asterisks or even just show the icons in gray, whatever illustrates best that not everything is of that quality.

Does this logic sound in keeping with what others would like?

- S__G - 2009-04-05

Awesome, thanks for the poster fix fekker. Dude, I don't know how you manage to give so much support and code at the same time. You're a machine!

- fekker - 2009-04-05

david81 Wrote:Quick question...

Might there be a delay between new art being added to TMDB and MIPs ability to pull it? There are a few movies that I have that are not pulling any fanart, but when I go to TMDB, they show up no problem.

For Your Consideration and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life are two examples...

Yup, there api has to update to make it available, sometimes it's slow, sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes it's instant.. go figure.

Quote:krypt2nite Any news on the special characters being formatted like &353d or whatever? If you want I can compile a list of characters and corresponding code.
A list would rock, it's in my scraper part that they fail, not the output to .nfo's for xbmc, so i have to code for them and switch it back to the char it's suppost to be.

Quote:EDIT: I just noticed that there is a disabled option (meaning I can't change it) in "File Level Filter Options" which says "Replace _ and . with space". Well that's fine by me but it doesn't really seem to work the way it should.

woops.. i'll enable that option, it's not suppost to mess with the output files, so double bug.. good catch

Quote:What's the best way to name my music albums ?
Artist - Album name ?
easiest way, use the music sorting wizard, pick a new destination folder (not the same as the source) and let it sort and rename based on what you select... that reads the tags and does a nice job of sorting out messy collections.. the destination folder being different is because it's moving your data, if everything comes out the way ya like, no worries, it's easy to remove things then have to buy them again Big Grin
it does Artist > Album > tracks .. and the tags have to match, spelling and all..

Quote:This build doesn't seem to load tv shows at all. However, the command line app is working fine except for a minor error that if you grab epsiode information for multiple episodes that the value you think has the network name (e.g. "FOX") in it gets "net" prefixed on it but in fact the "net" just keeps getting added again and again until episode 20 has "net" 20 times!

e.g. <director> / netnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetnetFOX / / / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / </director>

In TVshow.nfo the following appears for "24":

<rating>FOX</rating><mpaa>TV-14</mpaa><studio>FOX</studio>

shouldn't this be:
<rating>8.9</rating><mpaa>TV-14</mpaa><studio>netFOX</studio>

or for "UK" users the following:
<rating>8.9</rating><mpaa>15</mpaa><studio>netFOX</studio>

Additionally, if all episodes have the same video resolution and audio then it could have those values too, similar to movies. In particular it's nice to know which shows are in 720p so "24" may look something like this:
<studio>netFOX / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / eng</studio>
or if you leave mpaa with the original rating then localised rating could be here: <studio>netFOX / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / eng / certUK:15</studio>

The real icing on the cake would be if most of the episodes in a show have particular codec settings then to highlight those values with perhaps an asterisk to show there are exceptions so if I had, for example, two seasaons of "24" in 720p except for one or two episodes in 480p stereo then we'd have something like this:
<studio>netFOX / 720p* / AC-3* / 6ch* / eng / certUK:15</studio>
The skinner could then display alternate images, perhaps with asterisks or even just show the icons in gray, whatever illustrates best that not everything is of that quality.

Does this logic sound in keeping with what others would like?
tv show load is the zip files not coming down from tvdb again.. enable wget windows to see if that's truely the case.. command line skips that step if memory serves correctly, i like the grouping idea.. check with digitalhigh if ya could to see what chars would be necessary to do that from his side of things. still have mpaa data and cert to work on and parse so that I can stick that data in the tags for movies and episodes

the net net net net net net net .. woops.. byref should by byval there, it's appending to the var that's passed to it..

i'll try to get a build in later today, have a bunch of things to finish prior to cracking it open again.. thanks for the bug reports.

how's the size labels working.. any issues with selection of images for movies (posters or fanart) with those in place?