Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- david81 - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:Yup, there api has to update to make it available, sometimes it's slow, sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes it's instant.. go figure.

Ok, here's the odd part. I just added some fanart to some other movies myself. Opened up MIP and it found it no problem. Still won't pull it for the others that I mentioned before though...

- fekker - 2009-04-05

david81 Wrote:Ok, here's the odd part. I just added some fanart to some other movies myself. Opened up MIP and it found it no problem. Still won't pull it for the others that I mentioned before though...

gotca.. there's one other key thing.. the movies are referenced by imdbid so that has to be in the field on themoviedb.org site

edit: checked both, both missing imdbid, should be able to add to those and have mip grab them

- david81 - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:gotca.. there's one other key thing.. the movies are referenced by imdbid so that has to be in the field on themoviedb.org site

edit: checked both, both missing imdbid, should be able to add to those and have mip grab them

That makes sense. Thanks for the tip. I'll take care of it.

edit: Another mystery for me "10 Things I Hate about you" has 4 fanarts (is that proper) uploaded. The "Backgrounds" tab shows a 4 next to it, but only loads 1 image....

- fekker - 2009-04-05

missed one.. Big Grin
Quote:Sorry, but I have to confront you with my first request for help: I try to import some german shows (e.g. Alpha Centauri) which are documented in the TVDB but which MIP will not recognize. In XBMC I have to indicate the scraper language and a (DE) at the end helps also ... any tipps on how to handle this in MIP?

They are not returning the id for that show from the api
here's the initial search string i use to find shows
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Alpha%20centauri

UPDATE: How to force a show when the api doesn't return it using the command line and a text file
goto thetvdb.com and find the show id
-- example: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79580&lid=14
--- the id is 79580

Create a new text doc named tvdbid.txt
put just the id in that text doc (no extra spaces or nothing else) .. so just 79580 (no spaces, no returns, just the id number)
Save it the show folder
ex: d:\media\test shows\Alpha Centauri\tvdbid.txt

run MIP's command line tool
open up a command prompt
cd c:\program files\mediainfoplus\
.. run the command line tool.. with -debug to see more of what it's doing
miptvupdate.exe -debug

- Tuniq - 2009-04-05

Tuniq Wrote:I don't know if you guys know a solution for this. I have the weird problem that mip only downloads 1 kb empty images from thetvdb.com and when i go to the site I also don't see images only little empty gif images of 1kb.
But now comes the weird part when i go to thetvdb on my normal computer i see all the images and nothing is wrong.Huh

Somebody has a solution for this problem?

I've found a solution. Go to commandprompt and type 'netsh winsock reset'

- fekker - 2009-04-05

Tuniq Wrote:I've found a solution. Go to commandprompt and type 'netsh winsock reset'

wow.. great find.. tried it myself and it works.. didn't even do the reboot it said i needed to and the episode images where loaded..

how on earth did ya find that ?

- Shadok - 2009-04-05

Looks like MIP doesn't like the apostrophe (build 2850).
When i try to load my tunes, it blocks on "Avril Lavigne - Let Go - 09 - Things I'll Never Say".

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-05

ok heres a weird one when i do auto pilot with a movie selected, in this canonball run, all folder,fanart etc goes into that folder and keeps over writting, therefore i end up with no fanart in the correct folders and only the last one scanned in canonball run!

wierdHuh

am i using it correctly, i seem to be getting nowhere

- Halibutt - 2009-04-05

Fekker, just in case, you might be interested in this thread: I started a list of available label logos for Stark to use. MIP currently handles those present in Stark just fine, but some day the list might be extended, right? Smile
Cheers

- SokSimp - 2009-04-05

fekker Wrote:missed one.. Big Grin

They are not returning the id for that show from the api
here's the initial search string i use to find shows
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Alpha%20centauri

UPDATE: How to force a show when the api doesn't return it using the command line and a text file
goto thetvdb.com and find the show id
-- example: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79580&lid=14
--- the id is 79580

Create a new text doc named tvdbid.txt
put just the id in that text doc (no extra spaces or nothing else) .. so just 79580 (no spaces, no returns, just the id number)
Save it the show folder
ex: d:\media\test shows\Alpha Centauri\tvdbid.txt

run MIP's command line tool
open up a command prompt
cd c:\program files\mediainfoplus\
.. run the command line tool.. with -debug to see more of what it's doing
miptvupdate.exe -debug

Laugh thanks! Sorry that I did not have the idea with the show id myself ... not very smart Huh

im close to giving up here can someone give me some advice, all movies have nfos and are reconised by IMP but i have to go through each individually in order to get them to add fanart,thumbs etc... surely this isnt by design? i have over 600 movies this will take awhile.

Sorry but i really do need some help as this is driving me nuts!

- Halibutt - 2009-04-05

lestat1977uk Wrote:im close to giving up here can someone give me some advice, all movies have nfos and are reconised by IMP but i have to go through each individually in order to get them to add fanart,thumbs etc... surely this isnt by design? i have over 600 movies this will take awhile.

I'd say browse to your main movie directory, Ctrl+F to find all .nfo files, delete them. Then repeat the procedure for .tbn and perhaps even .jpg files.

Then start MIP and re-scrape all. This worked for me in the past, when something went wrong. Not that it was the prettiest solution...
Cheers

- JiveTalker - 2009-04-05

lestat1977uk Wrote:im close to giving up here can someone give me some advice, all movies have nfos and are reconised by IMP but i have to go through each individually in order to get them to add fanart,thumbs etc... surely this isnt by design? i have over 600 movies this will take awhile.

Okay, a few basic questions frst:

1. Are your movies all in one folder (file order)or all in separate folders (folder mode)? I'd definitely recommend folder mode in the long run as it will be much easier to keep your collection organised.
2. If you open your movie folder(s) are there any fanart files? Perhaps MIP just isn't displaying them? I have a similar size collection and went through them individualy, which took ages but meant that I can make everything look the way I want in XBMC.

Autopilot should auto-create fanart though. Have you looked at your settings? Do you have "Use Movies's Fanart For Background Image" ticked?

they are all in individual folders

a handful have fanart and yes that option is ticket

i have ran auto pilot and it says its picking up fanart but not thumbs, i dont think its working correctly, looks like i will have to do them one by one by i do find it strange!