Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-09

portable version - coming once I get my vm's reset.. all i do to make it is install it and then zip up the directory.. the installer checks for .net 2, win install 1.3 and then puts the files where they need to go, and allows easier removal.. MIP doesn't use any registry info to run the app. Sometimes i strip the content down abit as well to make it a smaller package..

Quote:Just started looking into using MIP for my music. Been using it for my movies with great success.

When clicking on many of my albums I get an error:
will check it out

how to install
just run setup.exe after you download and extract the archive

Right now there are no patches or builds beyond 2861, however, when there are, you will just extract the new files to your install directory (generally c:\program files\mediainfopus\ .. or where ever ya tell it to put it)

if you see setup.exe in a mip download, it's the full tilt app
if you see mediainfoplus.exe .. it's just the .exe file that has been updated (along with any supporting files that are required)

Quote:I can confirm it works now.. thanks..

Is it normal for MIP to take about 1-2min to load..
good deal.. so for you x64 uers out there.. you'll need to install image magic

opening of the application, meaning when you click the icon till you see the My movies background text.. takes me about 2 seconds..

if you have a location entered in the configuration and that location is not available (like a mapped network drive) windows will sit there until it finally goes, oh, that's not connected right now.. that's the only time i've seen it take long to load... if that's the case, it should prompt you with "not adding xxxx as the location is not available" when you go into the setup dialog box.

- fekker - 2009-04-09

Quote:Quote:
Just started looking into using MIP for my music. Been using it for my movies with great success.

When clicking on many of my albums I get an error:
will check it out

looks like the website is down
freecovers.net
i'll add a catch for that exception

- fekker - 2009-04-09

Weavus Wrote:Is it possible to get MIP to be able to find a imdb.id file in the movie folder which just contains the imdb id (or url)? I think this may be possible using the nfo file but I'd rather it had a different extension so I can just rm *.nfo if I ever want to regenerate all the files...

Good idea.. i'll add imdbid.txt .. (alot of folks don't show extensions in windows and would end up with imdb.id.txt)
In addition, i think i'll add the option to output that file to the current folder if it does not already exist and your using a separate folder for each movie.

I could add support for root show episodes, but keep in mind that with that setup you will not be able to use media images as they will show for all seasons, and when you change 1 season 1 for example, the media images for season 2, 3,4, etc will all be changed.. and when season fanart is added into mip, the same thing will occur.
- Still want it?

I'm going to add in the option to autopilot to refresh all data from imdb when running it.. I've got a few different ways I'd like to try that, so it might not make the next patch.

- philter - 2009-04-09

philter Wrote:The poster resize/compression is not showing up for me in the menu Sad (2853).

Wait I may be confused, is the poster resize/compression only for movies?

- phunqe - 2009-04-09

So I started an auto pilot scan of like 1000 movies right.
Now I want to stop the scan. How? :p

- xalaros - 2009-04-09

Some help here because i am getting crazy.

I have a database of about 550 tv eps.
All my db is configured in the /TVSHOW/SEASON/EPISODES manner.

My fileserver is a Jaunty x64 with samba and ext4 filesystem
I am running MIP both from a my vista x64 HTPC and my vista x32 virtual machine and i get same results.
My problem is that when i get new episodes and try updating tvshows most of the episodes get scrapped and everything is fine but randomly some episodes don't get scrapped at all whatever i try. I have tried different folders renaming the episodes but can't seem to figure out why episodes are not scrapped. In tvdb i can see info on the episodes exists.
IN order to get them in XBMC i just make a nfo from the previous episode and update the info from tvdb manually, then XBMC recognizes the episodes but MIP still can't figure them out.
I tried enabling the TVSHOWDEBUG.LOG but the only thing i get there is
TV Show Loading / Status Logging...

and nothing else, isthere another log file i can look at in vistaHuh
please help it is a bit hard always having to check if all episodes are scrapped correcly episode by episode and then manually making the NFO files. and TBN

- hikaricore - 2009-04-09

phunqe Wrote:So I started an auto pilot scan of like 1000 movies right.
Now I want to stop the scan. How? :p

Kill the process. :p
There's a button but it doesn't ever seem to work.

- User 42580 - 2009-04-09

Fekker

Awesome app. Congratulations.

But there is one functionality that has saved me countless times in Media Companion that I just can't find on MIP.

I have a few movies where the scrapping fails miserably (nor the movie is correct nor the list of options it gives me). Is it possible to manually set a movie for those cases? If I well recall in Media Companion is just a case of using "Change Movie", browse IMDB and than click "OK".

Is there a similar feature on MIO?

- Montellese - 2009-04-09

You can provide a custom IMDB ID and click the Refresh Icon on the right side of the input field where you enter your IMDB ID. That should load the apropriate information from IMDB.

- david81 - 2009-04-09

fekker Wrote:looks like the website is down
freecovers.net
i'll add a catch for that exception

Sounds great. I look forward to the next release.

While I'm at it, I'm hoping someone can help me out on artist thumbs. How do I go about forcing XBMC to use a particular thumb for the artist. Currently my music is arranged Music\Genre\Artist\Album. Most of the songs have album art and all have proper tags (thanks to MP3Tag). I have tried folder.jpg in the Artist folder and I've also added an image in the ID3 Tag for the artist. Neither seems to be picked up consistently when scraping.

Ideally I just want XBMC to scrape for thumbs as I really don't need the artist/album info. I just want a pretty interface.

Any thoughts?

- PashaK - 2009-04-09

Fekker great app. just a little comment:

you know what would make life a lot easier?

you know how when you use auto pilot and it stops at almost every movie for you to choose from a list of movies. well for me at least there is quite often (like 95% of the time) that it shows 2 of the same titles and same imdb id's next to each other, and this is usually the movie that it is. i read previously from you that this was an annoying bug. but we could use this.

maybe it would be possible for MIP to automatically choose that title when it detects that there are 2 choices that are identical. that way, we wouldnt have to sit here for days on end manually selecting each movie.

it is quite time consuming for a library of 2000 movies. ive been doing it in my free time for 4 days now.

just a thought.

- onesojourner - 2009-04-09

Is there any news on a native linux port?

- moesfeld - 2009-04-09

Hi,
great soft. Made my life much easier.
But i think I noticed a Bug: Automatic file renaming won´t work when the movie consitst of two parts

- Weavus - 2009-04-09

Is there any way to get it to show duplicate movies? I have 2000 movies and I would like to be able to check if any two movies in my list have the same IMDB ID. Thanks!

Any chance to make TV Show NFO creation optional? - gbdesai - 2009-04-09

I am currently using Plex and it seems that on all my Plex machines, scanning the library locks up using NFO files for TV Shows (no problem with movies). But I'd love to be able to grab fanart and episode thumbs until this issue is resolved. Is there a way (like a checkbox option) to turn off ever creating the NFO files?

Today I do a reccursive delete of *.nfo from my root TV directory, this works fine as long as the system doesn't start updating the library before I get to do this. Having the option to not create them would be best.

Thanks for a great application!

G