Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Weavus - 2009-04-09

PashaK Wrote:you know how when you use auto pilot and it stops at almost every movie for you to choose from a list of movies. well for me at least there is quite often (like 95% of the time) that it shows 2 of the same titles and same imdb id's next to each other, and this is usually the movie that it is. i read previously from you that this was an annoying bug. but we could use this.
Further to this every one of my movies has the year in ()'s in the title. Would it be possible to use that to filter out all the search results that are not this year? In most cases it will then give the exact result...

- MrDVD - 2009-04-09

xalaros Wrote:Some help here because i am getting crazy.

I have a database of about 550 tv eps.
All my db is configured in the /TVSHOW/SEASON/EPISODES manner.

My fileserver is a Jaunty x64 with samba and ext4 filesystem
I am running MIP both from a my vista x64 HTPC and my vista x32 virtual machine and i get same results.
My problem is that when i get new episodes and try updating tvshows most of the episodes get scrapped and everything is fine but randomly some episodes don't get scrapped at all whatever i try. I have tried different folders renaming the episodes but can't seem to figure out why episodes are not scrapped. In tvdb i can see info on the episodes exists.
IN order to get them in XBMC i just make a nfo from the previous episode and update the info from tvdb manually, then XBMC recognizes the episodes but MIP still can't figure them out.
I tried enabling the TVSHOWDEBUG.LOG but the only thing i get there is
TV Show Loading / Status Logging...

and nothing else, isthere another log file i can look at in vistaHuh
please help it is a bit hard always having to check if all episodes are scrapped correcly episode by episode and then manually making the NFO files. and TBN

I run also such system and dont have such problems Sad
Here it is a 10TB ext3 Raid on the linux side and i use also samba.
Are there maybe special chars inside the filename that samba cant translate ?

@ ALL
ppl why you test such software on such big database ?
I created an test folder and moved only some tvshows to it so i can run an fast test without wasting lot of time on waiting.

- phunqe - 2009-04-09

Ok please do not get this wrong, but no application I have tried (be it file IMDB renamers, MediaPortal, other IMDB scrapers etc) even comes close to the automatic scraping in XBMC.

I have about 1000 movies and XBMC identifies over 95% of them correctly. When running auto pilot here I have to manually specify so many that I would be spending a whole weekend on it.

XBMC must have some really good magic code... (which I could check myself if I wasn't a lazy whining bastard).

- Aquaman - 2009-04-09

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbMoviesOpenCurMovieFolder_LinkClicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.2853
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.2853
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
Assembly Version: 3.0.10.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.10.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
aidrn6lq
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.2853
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I always have this error , I try many ver. I have 2853. I have vista 64bit's .

I need some help .....

tks

- fekker - 2009-04-10

To answer some of the questions that have come up
- resize and compression of posters is only enabled for movies right now, once it's confirmed there's no issues with that code, i'll add it to the others
- autopilot doesn't have a cancel option, it may later as that area gets reworked
- native linux port is still pending, more work to come on that after 9.04 (ubuntu) is out since it'll have the updated gnome version, monodev 2 is now out so that's good news (came out a week or so ago) .. the biggest issue I'm having is not making it work, but how it will be displayed as a gui to the user.. i use wine all the time with MIP under ubuntu, i think more settings being changed may speed it up abit, but most of the speed issues will come with time as wine continues to get better. I don't have any errors or problems, it's just not near as fast under wine.
- 2 part renaming, known issue, same with the move to folder option.. needs code to find the other parts that match it
- tvshows and don't create .nfo file.. hmm.. i guess i could add that option, not sure how much use it would get, but it's possible.. more then likely it would just auto-delete after use for the tvshow.nfo as that file is needed, episodes don't have to have that data.

searching and finding imdb
if you use the year in the field, it should return a closer match, as long as that is not filtered out in the settings.. if it only finds 1 match, it uses that match, if there's more then 1, it will prompt.

I used to make a best case guess for imdb, but after initial scans it was more trouble then it was worth.. i also used a method that would check for it in cache for movies made post 1990, but there where dups there as well.

The results are from imdb's search engine online, so i'm not sure what can be done without getting the wrong movie info.

I'm open to improvement ideas on it and any patches, right now the code all comes from me as time permits.

phunqe - if xbmc picks up 95%.. run it, then export the library, then load mip and it'll pick up on the imdbid from those .nfo files automatically (movies, shows don't export id's yet).
that could save ya some time and allow the features of mip on your collection.

and yup, xbmc's options rock, always have!

duplicate movies, that's easy enough to filter, added to the list

i'm pretty swamped right now, but i'll try to get another install version and patch out.. stupid windows gac is making a simple dll update a real bugger.

Quote:I have a database of about 550 tv eps.
All my db is configured in the /TVSHOW/SEASON/EPISODES manner.

My fileserver is a Jaunty x64 with samba and ext4 filesystem
I am running MIP both from a my vista x64 HTPC and my vista x32 virtual machine and i get same results.
My problem is that when i get new episodes and try updating tvshows most of the episodes get scrapped and everything is fine but randomly some episodes don't get scrapped at all whatever i try. I have tried different folders renaming the episodes but can't seem to figure out why episodes are not scrapped. In tvdb i can see info on the episodes exists.
IN order to get them in XBMC i just make a nfo from the previous episode and update the info from tvdb manually, then XBMC recognizes the episodes but MIP still can't figure them out.
I tried enabling the TVSHOWDEBUG.LOG but the only thing i get there is
TV Show Loading / Status Logging...

and nothing else, isthere another log file i can look at in vista
hmm.. command line won't give a list, but the gui should pop up a dialog that tells ya if it couldn't scan a show or episode in every Media Info Plus build.. movie info plus (the 1st gen) didn't have that option.

try setting the number of days before downloading new data for tv shows to 1 day, that forces it to re-download the text info for the shows when you click load shows. This is a key if your swapping between langages. Default is 5 days. Those files are tiny for anyone worried about the size.

just an fyi: mips tv update via the command line option of debug is not the same as the gui debug..
i wonder if it's just not setting the field in the config.xml
open config.xml.. search for debug (only 1 in there) set it to true, save, open mip, load shows, wait a long time, should have data in the text file then.. remember to turn that back off.. gui sets the same value

- fekker - 2009-04-10

Aquaman Wrote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.tsbMoviesOpenCurMovieFolder_LinkClicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
I always have this error , I try many ver. I have 2853. I have vista 64bit's .

I need some help .....

tks
looks like your clicking on the folder icon in the movie tool bar
- have you already opened a movie up when you click on this?
--- if so, is that on a local drive, or network drive? network attached storage?

- Aquaman - 2009-04-10

hi

nop I never open the folder, because this give me always the same error.
and I have my HDD in my PC. not in a network

tks

- Weavus - 2009-04-10

One thing you could do with IMDB searching is use the imdb title search (just add s=tt to the url). It seems as if currently the program is also brining back video games and other things so it looks like you are currently doing a general search.

- philter - 2009-04-10

Good deal on the tv show posters, glad to know it's coming at some point. For what it's worth, resizing and/or compressing posters (and backgrounds) for movies is working 100% flawless for me.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-10

Does MIP currently read scene nfos for IMDB urls?

Also the speed issue under WINE really isn't so much a WINE issue as it is an overly complex interface issue.

- Weavus - 2009-04-10

How about a feature to populate the selected movie with a black background for the fanart/backdrop? Some of the fanart in TMDB is shocking and while people say I should create my own sometimes there is just not suitable source material available and I'd rather have nothing than a 200x320 picture blown up to 1920x1080. Being able to do that via MIP would be great...

- xalaros - 2009-04-10

just an fyi: mips tv update via the command line option of debug is not the same as the gui debug..
i wonder if it's just not setting the field in the config.xml
open config.xml.. search for debug (only 1 in there) set it to true, save, open mip, load shows, wait a long time, should have data in the text file then.. remember to turn that back off.. gui sets the same value[/quote]

it seems you are correct only by editing config.xml i can get tvdebug maybe you can fix that to work from gui as well

Autopilot not adding poster - sgottscho - 2009-04-10

I am trying to use the autopilot feature, and it is working fine besides it is not adding the posters. I have all the check boxes clicked in advanced settings and primary image set to poster and secondary set to sqaure box. Any help would be appreciated

- fekker - 2009-04-10

Weavus Wrote:One thing you could do with IMDB searching is use the imdb title search (just add s=tt to the url). It seems as if currently the program is also brining back video games and other things so it looks like you are currently doing a general search.
good tip, i'll add it

Quote:Does MIP currently read scene nfos for IMDB urls?

Also the speed issue under WINE really isn't so much a WINE issue as it is an overly complex interface issue.
yes, it does a regex match for the imdbid in any .nfo file

The speed is not truely a gui speed issue or application issue. It's the screen redraw rate.. if you know where everything is in the gui, you can actually carry out 2 commands before it re-draws the screen .. add media images to a movie, open up the cd image, let the screen finish drawing, click on the close button, then on the front cover, then back on close and you can get away will it never even appearing on the screen if you do it fast enough... leave out the close of the front cover and you can get it to look like the re-draw was just an image swap and not another dialog coming up.

The other part that is causing delay's in mip is the reading of the file size of the fanart and posters (high resolution images) and bringing them into the gui. I've considered useing a cached metadata system (like the one i use for music files) for those and using image magick to auto-matically create the thumbnails in a much smaller size, or re-enabling the download of the thumbs again and not just the high-res images. Still have to write code to do any of that.

Quote:How about a feature to populate the selected movie with a black background for the fanart/backdrop? Some of the fanart in TMDB is shocking and while people say I should create my own sometimes there is just not suitable source material available and I'd rather have nothing than a 200x320 picture blown up to 1920x1080. Being able to do that via MIP would be great...
you could create a 1x1 black pixel image and save it to your custom images folder, then just select it with the "add background" button

Quote:I am trying to use the autopilot feature, and it is working fine besides it is not adding the posters. I have all the check boxes clicked in advanced settings and primary image set to poster and secondary set to sqaure box. Any help would be appreciated
it only pulls images from impawards at this time, so if the image is not there it's not going to automatically use it for autopilot.. i've got plans to rework all of the auto-pilot features to allow more selection and greater control over what's being changed, i just haven't coded it as it's still in the design phase.

Quote:tvshow debug option -
it seems you are correct only by editing config.xml i can get tvdebug maybe you can fix that to work from gui as well
added to bug list, will get it fixed up

i'm also turning back on some of the details from the command line version to show what it detects the season and episode as for the files and weither or not it's a mutlipart episode.. i've got that coded for the next path release.

Quote:hi

nop I never open the folder, because this give me always the same error.
and I have my HDD in my PC. not in a network

tks
I'll look into that code and update the dialog with additional details.
on that note: that option is designed to open up the folder that the currently displayed movie is in, to add movie folders for MIP to look for your movies at you'll want to go into the setup and configuration dialog.

- fekker - 2009-04-10

I've got a request - I need some help with this one.

I want to be able to partially (later fully) support xbmc's scrapers, to do so i need to either put a wrapper around xbmc's functions that do that, or write something similar that can load up the scraper and parse it into functions or subroutines that I can call. After that's done, i'll add in the calls to MIP's gui and backends so it can use and save the data.

To start, I want to do movies, just the text based information from the scrapers.

Just looking at the xbmc code I'm not sure where to start. ScraperParser.cpp is the key, as pointed out to me some time ago. But I need some smarter then me folks to help out.

Anyone up for the task?