Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- hikaricore - 2009-06-26

fekker Wrote:-- dvd order vs aired order
i can do this a few different ways, but none of them seem to address everything.. here's the game plan
each season will get a .nfo file that states dvd or aired order.. since most things coming from tv show's for season level is the whole season..
if no .nfo is there, it'll prompt (at the season level) for you to select it. command line will not prompt, if the file is there it'll use the setting, if not, it'll default it to aired order. (which would be good for a majority of the cases)

i think that'll work the best, i'll see about getting that coded up in the next week or so

Sounds perfect. ^_^
I've been wanting to setup a cronjob to run tvupdater several times a day but this has been impossible with my various .nfo files flagged -w (not writeable).

Cheers.

--Aaron

- Haligan - 2009-06-26

I have an HTPC running XBMC in the den and all my movies are on the WHS in the closet. I am streaming them to the HTPC. Do I need to install this on the WHS or the HTPC?

Thanks,
Greg

- willers.nail - 2009-06-27

Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error message when trying to resize my images when using MIP "fanart image resize failed, check permissions on the files in the folder"? It seems to be any version I've installed after 2861 that gives me this message. Anyone this is bugging me know the last while do I need something else installed or uninstalled?

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-27

willers.nail Wrote:Can someone please tell me why I'm getting this error message when trying to resize my images when using MIP "fanart image resize failed, check permissions on the files in the folder"? It seems to be any version I've installed after 2861 that gives me this message. Anyone this is bugging me know the last while do I need something else installed or uninstalled?

Try copying this to medianifoplus\3rdParty\ImageMagick\

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=8:image-magic-portable&Itemid=54

- stogiesam88 - 2009-06-27

I am having a hell of a time getting my tv episodes to work. I name my shows like this: TV Shows/Sopranos/Season 1/01 - Pilot.avi [TV Shows/<TV Show Name>/Season <Season #>/<Episode #> - <Episode Name>.avi] I have googled this and tried different regex, but I can't get anything to work. Any suggestions (without renaming all of my tv episodes)?

- Qroach - 2009-06-27

Hi Fekker, where do I add my feature requests?

- digitalhigh - 2009-06-27

stogiesam88 Wrote:I am having a hell of a time getting my tv episodes to work. I name my shows like this: TV Shows/Sopranos/Season 1/01 - Pilot.avi [TV Shows/<TV Show Name>/Season <Season #>/<Episode #> - <Episode Name>.avi] I have googled this and tried different regex, but I can't get anything to work. Any suggestions (without renaming all of my tv episodes)?

I personally don't have any suggestion that doesn't involve renaming everything...

However, there's a nice program called Metamorphose that works rather quickly at batch renaming files. It'll still be a lot of work, but you should realistically have the showname in the file name of every episode...as well as the season no. Should be "The Sopranos - S01E01 - Pilot.avi"...

- fekker - 2009-06-28

Qroach Wrote:Hi Fekker, where do I add my feature requests?

Feature and bug requests can be made on sourceforge

Feature Request - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=241717&atid=1117020

Bug Reports - http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=241717&atid=1117017

- fekker - 2009-06-28

Quote:I name my shows like this: TV Shows/Sopranos/Season 1/01 - Pilot.avi [TV Shows/<TV Show Name>/Season <Season #>/<Episode #> - <Episode Name>.avi]

Like digitalhigh recommended, a rename is require for MIP to parse those shows. MIP reads from the file name, the path is striped before that function is called so a regex can't detect the season folder it's in. I agree it's a bit of a pain in the arse to rename a bunch of shows, but in the end, it's easier then me reworking the tv show branch of MIP. (UMC will have the ability to search the path for season info)

The Renamer works well for renaming shows and you can force the show name as well as setup the regex for the episode number.

UMC (Universal Media Companion) is the interim name for UMM (Unified Media Manager), the name hasn't been finialized or anything, so it might change before it's released.

- Kwyjibo - 2009-06-28

First I would like to say that Media Info Plus is awesome!! It's helps me very good by managing my collection.

But there is one thing I would like to ask...
When I look at the map posterxmls I notice that the IMDB id's are missing from the year 1998 till 2006. How come? Do you have to input them manually in the program?

Thanks again for the program!Big Grin

- Geeba - 2009-06-28

Just fired this up again - latest version.... is there a "1 click" type senario to this yet? Auto pilot Huh Pre Cache Huh realy I just want to scan for missing info as my movies are in pretty good shape on the whole.....

Once I click load movies they all apear in the list but whenever I click on the movie it appears to download all the info for it again? the box with the progress bars appears and with over a TB of movies I can go throu all that again..... any pointers for someone that has always used the XBMC scrapers?

- stogiesam88 - 2009-06-28

fekker Wrote:Like digitalhigh recommended, a rename is require for MIP to parse those shows. MIP reads from the file name, the path is striped before that function is called so a regex can't detect the season folder it's in. I agree it's a bit of a pain in the arse to rename a bunch of shows, but in the end, it's easier then me reworking the tv show branch of MIP. (UMC will have the ability to search the path for season info)

The Renamer works well for renaming shows and you can force the show name as well as setup the regex for the episode number.

UMC (Universal Media Companion) is the interim name for UMM (Unified Media Manager), the name hasn't been finialized or anything, so it might change before it's released.
Thanks for the advice everyone. Is UMC/M a joint project with you and BillyAd?

- fekker - 2009-06-28

stogiesam88 Wrote:Thanks for the advice everyone. Is UMC/M a joint project with you and BillyAd?

UMC is a big project with a bunch of development interest and it's own private area here in the forums for the early stages and planning. BillyAd is a key part of UMC for sure and I hope he still has interest in the project. I'm planning a kick off of sorts mid july for the project again to re-gain interest, which kinda went to the wayside while I was away.

- fekker - 2009-06-28

Geeba Wrote:Just fired this up again - latest version.... is there a "1 click" type senario to this yet? Auto pilot Huh Pre Cache Huh realy I just want to scan for missing info as my movies are in pretty good shape on the whole.....

Once I click load movies they all apear in the list but whenever I click on the movie it appears to download all the info for it again? the box with the progress bars appears and with over a TB of movies I can go throu all that again..... any pointers for someone that has always used the XBMC scrapers?

here's the short run down

- open up settings and configure what you want to download
- run pre-cache to download all the images and data
- filters (left menu) can then be used to isolate specific missing items, or auto-pilot can re-assign new items to a bulk of movies at the same time

the downloads your seeing are cached after the first time, and only new items / data is grabbed at later times. pre-cache is the fastest way to have it grab all those items while you work on something else (or sleep / party) so things will be much faster when using the application.

- david81 - 2009-06-29

Hey there Fekker,

Quick question. I know I brought this up before you made your move, but I never put in an official bug report.

Do you have the naming of nfo/jpg files for .ts files on your fix list? (e.g. the last character of the nfo/jpg file name is missing so it isn't picked up by XBMC)

Let me know if I should put in an official bug report.