Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Geeba - 2009-07-08

Is there any way to set it off and leave it? The xbox would have a bash at the whole movie libary and even thou it got some wrong I could go back after and put them right... it seems MIP is prompting me for every movie that even sounds similar.... my movie folder is huge! I could be here a while at this rate.... Sad

also is there any fanart re-sizing?

- MrDVD - 2009-07-08

del. wrong topic Smile

- dj_salinger - 2009-07-12

I'm getting an error when I try to load shows. It will go through the "preping *show name*" and then come up with an error box saying:
Unhandled exception... etc etc
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The exception text can be found here

Can anyone tell me why it's not working?

Cheers.

Problems with thumbnails and posters. Other questions.. - Rabid_Child - 2009-07-12

I am new this this program. I have been using XBMC Companion for sometime but decided to give this program a whirl. Partially due to the eye candy factor, the music integration (which I haven't tried yet), and the fact that XBMC Companion seems to not want to run on my laptop.

Anyway,
I have a few questions and this thread is incredibly long though I did search to try to find the answers. If it matters I'm using Windows XP.

99% of the videos I have were ripped from my collection in a
MovieName
- AUDIO_TS
- VIDEO_TS
format. I have a very few I encoded to mp4 for ipod usage. And those are simply
MovieName
moviename.mp4

1) If I do an Autopilot search the folder.jpg, movie.tbn, and movie.nfo files are stored in both the main directory and in the VIDEO_TS folder. Is this redundancy needed for XBMC and if not how can I prevent it? I'd prefer having just the folder.jpg in the main directory and the rest in the sub folder. Obviously with the mp4 cases this is not an issue.

2) On some of the movies when I did the Autopilot scan no movie poster was returned, only fanart. However, if I click on it individually it finds the poster. This must be a setting I screwed up somehow. What is the proper setting to have here?

3) Lastly, XBMC scans everything but doesn't read the thumbs. This is true of new movies it has never seen and so an old database file is not the problem. It just doesn't read the .tbn What am I screwing up here?

Thanks for the help

- digitalhigh - 2009-07-13

Rabid_Child Wrote:I am new this this program. I have been using XBMC Companion for sometime but decided to give this program a whirl. Partially due to the eye candy factor, the music integration (which I haven't tried yet), and the fact that XBMC Companion seems to not want to run on my laptop.

Anyway,
I have a few questions and this thread is incredibly long though I did search to try to find the answers. If it matters I'm using Windows XP.

99% of the videos I have were ripped from my collection in a
MovieName
- AUDIO_TS
- VIDEO_TS
format. I have a very few I encoded to mp4 for ipod usage. And those are simply
MovieName
moviename.mp4

1) If I do an Autopilot search the folder.jpg, movie.tbn, and movie.nfo files are stored in both the main directory and in the VIDEO_TS folder. Is this redundancy needed for XBMC and if not how can I prevent it? I'd prefer having just the folder.jpg in the main directory and the rest in the sub folder. Obviously with the mp4 cases this is not an issue.

2) On some of the movies when I did the Autopilot scan no movie poster was returned, only fanart. However, if I click on it individually it finds the poster. This must be a setting I screwed up somehow. What is the proper setting to have here?

3) Lastly, XBMC scans everything but doesn't read the thumbs. This is true of new movies it has never seen and so an old database file is not the problem. It just doesn't read the .tbn What am I screwing up here?

Thanks for the help

1. I found that moving the contents of VIDEO_TS to the main movie folder fixes this problem. It's not the most eloquent solution, but it works.

2. Make sure you have "grab posters from TMDB" and "posters from IMPAWARDS" set in movies. I think this should fix it...although I'm not 100%. Give a few examples of the movies this happens with, and maybe a description of that directory structure (filename being used, foldername, etc)

3. My guess is that it's to do with the .tbn name not matching the filename of the movie. It has to be a perfect 1-1 naming to be found. I prefer just using movie.tbn, as it's not filename-sensitive.

Hope this helps...

- Rabid_Child - 2009-07-14

digitalhigh Wrote:1. I found that moving the contents of VIDEO_TS to the main movie folder fixes this problem. It's not the most eloquent solution, but it works.

Well yes, that would be a solution. But as I said the vast majority of my movies are set up this way and to change them seems like a monumental task. Plus, I like them this way. Perhaps that is odd but.... If it becomes necessary though I will do it.

digitalhigh Wrote:2. Make sure you have "grab posters from TMDB" and "posters from IMPAWARDS" set in movies. I think this should fix it...although I'm not 100%. Give a few examples of the movies this happens with, and maybe a description of that directory structure (filename being used, foldername, etc)

I do have these settings checked but it is still an issue. Now it may be as simple as reinstalling the program because it was working correctly. I may have changed a different setting that effects this and just can't remember which one. As to an example, pick anything you like. As I said 99% of my movies are:
Movie Name
-AUDIO_TS
-VIDEO_TS
So it really doesn't matter which specific movie I choose as an example to give you. They all do it. Either way, I'll start by trying a reinstall.

digitalhigh Wrote:3. My guess is that it's to do with the .tbn name not matching the filename of the movie. It has to be a perfect 1-1 naming to be found. I prefer just using movie.tbn, as it's not filename-sensitive.

Here you were spot on. I figured it would grab either <moviename>.tbn or movie.tbn from the main directory. It wasn't. Using video_ts.tbn works in the video_ts directory, presumably because that is where the actual movie files lie, as does movie.tbn which is what I'll go with. So thanks with that.

Thanks for the help.

- fekker - 2009-07-14

build 2902 is up via mipupdate
alot of changes and fixes to tv show command line as well as all the test build changes from 2898 to 2901 (look back a few threads or just see all posts by me to see what those are)

- fixed jacket_p for blu-ray as well

- fixed .nfo problem with episodeguide and episodeguideurl.. you must either remove your old tvshow.nfo files, or set the config option to overwrite them
--> under the "Shows" tab, in the TV Show Settings (Per Show) area, check the box "Overwrite Existing .NFO Files, after you scan in your shows with the updated version, you can turn the overwrite back off
OR if you use the command line version you can modify the config.xml setting and set it to true, save it, run the miptvupdate, set back to false, save it. here's the line in the config.xml
<tv_tvshow_nfo_overwrite_boolean>false</tv_tvshow_nfo_overwrite_boolean>

- made the fast image download for tv shows work as intended, it will open a ton of wgets as it downloads as much as it can as fast as your pc and connection allow

- don't display wget windows for cmd line if your config is set to hide them, this works now

-tv shows command line has cleaner ouput and the fastimages flag is now available.. for a list of options run the following from a command line
miptvupdate.exe -help
- tv shows should have better error handling now, that was included in the test builds

Side note(s):
The duplicate data in the video_ts folder is because xbmc looks in that folder for some of the data, depending on build, to account for it, i duplicate the data and do a md5 checksum to ensure both are the same version. It will work with more versions of xbmc this way.

If you ever want to revert to default settings, just remove the config.xml from mip's base folder, if it's missing it's recreated and the startup wizard runs again.

DVD Order now an option (at the season level) - fekker - 2009-07-14

Good news for those waiting on DVD order options.. it's in test build 2904

In addition to 2902 a new test build that add's dvd order options is available for download on the site, here is the direct link..
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=15:2904testbuild&Itemid=54

to install a test build, download and extract the contents of the archive to your install directory

NOTE: test builds require you have the latest version (in this case, 2902 first)

to revert from a test build, run mipupdate, it'll tell you a new version is available, just reinstall from there.

- fekker

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-15

I love media info plus. Great job!

- revoman - 2009-07-15

Hi folks,

problem still exist in 2902.

No actor's and director's are loaded from tmdb.

Any hint's ?

Thx in advance

Martin

- fekker - 2009-07-15

revoman Wrote:Hi folks,

problem still exist in 2902.

No actor's and director's are loaded from tmdb.

Any hint's ?

Thx in advance

Martin

noted, will get that sorted out (it comes from imdb, but i think that's where it's not working correctly)

- fekker - 2009-07-15

Quote:No actor's and director's are loaded from tmdb.

Any hint's ?

Thx in advance

Martin

Test build 2906 up on the website for download (http://www.mediainfoplus.com)
- fixed expression so that they are now pulled correctly

- hikaricore - 2009-07-16

fekker Wrote:Good news for those waiting on DVD order options.. it's in test build 2904

In addition to 2902 a new test build that add's dvd order options is available for download on the site, here is the direct link..
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1:2.0.1&download=15:2904testbuild&Itemid=54

to install a test build, download and extract the contents of the archive to your install directory

NOTE: test builds require you have the latest version (in this case, 2902 first)

to revert from a test build, run mipupdate, it'll tell you a new version is available, just reinstall from there.

- fekker

Sorry if I've missed anything but I can't seem to find the option in the settings or the config file to use DVD ordering.
If this is a function in the full tvshow interface in MIP I probably won't be able to get to it as I only use miptvupdate.exe for updating.
So if there's a conf line I need to add to config.xml that would be smashing.

- fekker - 2009-07-16

hikaricore Wrote:Sorry if I've missed anything but I can't seem to find the option in the settings or the config file to use DVD ordering.
If this is a function in the full tvshow interface in MIP I probably won't be able to get to it as I only use miptvupdate.exe for updating.
So if there's a conf line I need to add to config.xml that would be smashing.

command line assumes that you are using aired order if no seasonXX.nfo exists

Assuming Season 1 is using DVD order, add the following .nfo file to the tv show directory.

create a file called season01.nfo
put in the following for DVD order
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xbmcTvSeries xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <xbmctvseriesNumber>0</xbmctvseriesNumber>
  <xbmctvseriesUseDVDOrder>true</xbmctvseriesUseDVDOrder>
  <xbmctvseriesUseAiredOrder>false</xbmctvseriesUseAiredOrder>
  <xbmctvseries />
</xbmcTvSeries>

- hikaricore - 2009-07-16

Thanks for the fast reply. ^_^
This should be easy to accomplish as I said before I only have a few series which were unlucky enough to be butchered by the studios at airtime.
I'll let you know if I find any issues with the working of this functionality.

Cheers.