Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- roydonaldson - 2009-07-21

Hi there,

Quick question. Running MIP over my library and when it is asking me for Aired order or DVD order, it asks me about Season 00 on a lot of my TV Shows. Any ideas what that is about ?

Thanks,
Roy.

- bobrap - 2009-07-21

roydonaldson Wrote:Hi there,

Quick question. Running MIP over my library and when it is asking me for Aired order or DVD order, it asks me about Season 00 on a lot of my TV Shows. Any ideas what that is about ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Specials are normally season 00.

- andyblac - 2009-07-21

fekker Wrote:change - TV Shows Episode change to where the tagging stuff is going
added - Command line parameter to force an update is -nfoupdate
change - Ran cleanname on title and on actor name, that should strip out or change chars to something human readable.. well hopefully Big Grin
change - Resized actor thumbs to a larger, actually visable size
added - Added full credits info -- you'll need to delete your imdb cached data

Director field for episodes now contains
director
mpaa
studio
all other tagdata

Ran cleanname on title and on actor name, that should strip out or change chars to something human readable.. well hopefully Big Grin
Resized actor thumbs to a larger, actually visable size

Added full credits info -- you'll need to delete your imdb cached data
--- Exit MIP and either remove or rename C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\imdbcache

build 2830
http://www.mediafire.com/?nmteddjtztz

how do i revert this to just Director, as XBMC now has built in media flagging support ?

- digitalhigh - 2009-07-21

nickw082 Wrote:Why would I not be able to pull thumbnails for some TV Episodes? I just get a red X, and I see no way to modify it.

Where is the image stored (doesn't seem to be in any TV Show folder)?
What file points to where the image is stored?
Is it possible after using MIP to just let XBMC grab episode thumbs itself (XBMC seems to handle that part itself well enough)?

Thanks for your time!
It would appear that, in this example, your show has no images past episode 2.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=84676&lid=7

You can take screenshots and upload them to TVDB yourself, however, I believe you need to register first. It's the best way to show your support for the community. If not, you could also request that other fans of the show help with the creation of these thumbnails.

When available, these files will be locally stored inside SHOWNAME/SEASON/ for the specific show and season...

andyblac Wrote:how do i revert this to just Director, as XBMC now has built in media flagging support ?

Disable "Support skin-based flagging" under movies/settings/configuration/general. You'd then need to do an autopilot to re-scan/write all tags with the skin data.

- nickw082 - 2009-07-21

digitalhigh Wrote:You can take screenshots and upload them to TVDB yourself, however, I believe you need to register first. It's the best way to show your support for the community. If not, you could also request that other fans of the show help with the creation of these thumbnails.

When available, these files will be locally stored inside SHOWNAME/SEASON/ for the specific show and season...

Disable "Support skin-based flagging" under movies/settings/configuration/general. You'd then need to do an autopilot to re-scan/write all tags with the skin data.

Excellent, thanks so much! Didnt know I could contribute as well, I will register and do so Big Grin

Thanks!

- mccorkled - 2009-07-21

so I downloaded this program and it works just fine.
I am a little confused however.

When XBMC pulls the content off imdb or w.e scraper, is it stored on the HDD somewhere or does it just show the content online?

I ask because I would rather have the information stored on my HDD so that if I do not have internet connection, I still have the posters and fanart etc.

When I used the program I can save all the content to the movie folder but how do I load that into XBMC? It keeps pulling the online content

- digitalhigh - 2009-07-22

mccorkled Wrote:so I downloaded this program and it works just fine.
I am a little confused however.

When XBMC pulls the content off imdb or w.e scraper, is it stored on the HDD somewhere or does it just show the content online?

I ask because I would rather have the information stored on my HDD so that if I do not have internet connection, I still have the posters and fanart etc.

When I used the program I can save all the content to the movie folder but how do I load that into XBMC? It keeps pulling the online content

After you use the autopilot feature (or manually click on each movie and select a fanart/poster/info), all data should be stored in the individual movie's folder.

To get the information into XBMC, you need to select the folder with your movies, bring up the context menu ("c" on a keyboard), and pick the "set content" option. This will bring up another context menu, in which you tell the program to "use folder names for lookups". Then do a complete scan, and it should recognize all of the stuff found by XBMC.

Hopefully, this is the information you're looking for. If not, lemme know, and I can probably help you further.

- mccorkled - 2009-07-22

I got it all working great now thanks!

- yage0832 - 2009-07-22

fekker Wrote:while there is a limit to the number of stored entries, it's way above what all of us have combined (hundreds of thousands of nfo's ~ 288MB worth in the array)
can you provide me with a pastebin of your directory structure for your movies and I'll attempt to isolate the failure point.

http://pastebin.com/m4cad3552

It loads up through Syrianna (2005). No other movies after that are loaded.

- fekker - 2009-07-22

yage0832 Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m4cad3552

It loads up through Syrianna (2005). No other movies after that are loaded.

if you move that folder (or just put a z in the name) does it make it further? (thinking it's a permissions issue)

- yage0832 - 2009-07-22

fekker Wrote:if you move that folder (or just put a z in the name) does it make it further? (thinking it's a permissions issue)

No, I've tried renaming the folder, the file inside the folder, files/folders before and after the folder. No workie.

- fekker - 2009-07-22

yage0832 Wrote:No, I've tried renaming the folder, the file inside the folder, files/folders before and after the folder. No workie.

well it's not the folder names, i matched the directory structure and it loads them without any problems.

can you pastebin your config.xml, i want to match the settings to see if a parser fails

Log File - frizat - 2009-07-22

TV Show Loading / Status Logging...
Reading Folder Data

-----------------------------------------
Processing: It_s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
No TV Show data exsists for: It_s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
Reading Folder Data

Processing: It s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
No TV Show data exsists for: It s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
Scanning / Update tv shows started
------------ 591----------------
Reading Folder Data

Processing: It_s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
No TV Show data exsists for: It_s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
Reading Folder Data

Processing: It s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
No TV Show data exsists for: It s Always Sunny IN Philadelphia
Scanning / Update tv shows started
------------ 591----------------

That's all the data in my log file
fekker Wrote:hmm.. lots of things could be causing that one, can you run the gui part with debug enabled.

open config.xml = look for something that says debug for shows, set it to true
startup mip and goto shows
click on load tv shows
it'll pop a dialog and generate a txt file in mip's install directory

that debug log is what i'll need, it allows me to generate your file and folder structure (based on what ya have) to replicate the issue.

thanks!
fekker

- andyblac - 2009-07-22

digitalhigh Wrote:Disable "Support skin-based flagging" under movies/settings/configuration/general. You'd then need to do an autopilot to re-scan/write all tags with the skin data.

thanks but tried that, this is not for movies but for TV episodes, i have even deleted all my NFO's and clicked load tvshows and i still get the director field filled with the tagging stuff. any other ideas ?

How to just update the NFO without all the other scraping. - marklight - 2009-07-22

So a long time ago, I used xbmc companion to create NFO files for my movies... I initially exported my library from Plex, then converted the xml to individual NFO files, and then put them all into folders with my video files. I want to do a fresh update of all my NFO files because some are missing data like trailer info, cast, correct scraper url's, newer plot info etc.
All I want to do is update my NFO data, but I can't seem to do that. Few issues...

First of all I don't want it to inject all of the media info like video and auidio codec, file type, file size and etc. into the NFO.

Secondly, I already have the fanart, and poster art for each movie, and I would appreciate it if it didn't try to go out and pull all of that info when I'm clicking on a file... it takes forever to download all that stuff, and I don't need it.

Lastly, it comes up with a ton of movies to choose from each time I click on a film. I already have the NFO- it knows what the imdb number for each film is... why is there any need to ask me to select what movie it is. Shouldn't it just be able to do a quick update to the NFO file, filling in what data is missing or outdated?.

I'm sure there's probably an easy answer to all of my problems, but I'm just not that familiar with the application.