Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- BroChaos - 2009-07-22

for the secondly part, at the top, change the program mode from "download" to "display".

- yage0832 - 2009-07-23

fekker Wrote:well it's not the folder names, i matched the directory structure and it loads them without any problems.

can you pastebin your config.xml, i want to match the settings to see if a parser fails

http://pastebin.com/m1f364838

- fekker - 2009-07-23

andyblac Wrote:thanks but tried that, this is not for movies but for TV episodes, i have even deleted all my NFO's and clicked load tvshows and i still get the director field filled with the tagging stuff. any other ideas ?

there's a code level change needed for that one.. forgot about that part Big Grin

Quote:yage0832 - load issue
- i'm guessing it's hitting some folder that is hidden from view and stopping on that .. can you redo the dir list including any hidden/system for folders/files

Quote:marklight - nfo questions
i'm pretty sure there's a setting for media info in the config, but maybe not, got two different projects going on and getting confused abit about what's in what right now.
please try on single .nfo file and see

Quote:Tv show loading issue
give me a few days to isolate that part of the code further.. maybe try moving each movie to a seperate diff folder and seeing if you can isolate what's blowing up

another way, make a new folder (that's not in the current tv shows root folder), in that folder, make new folders that match the tv show names and try scanning that in.. that will tell me what area is having the problem.

i will also have some additional test tools in a few days (hopefully) that can help isolate things

- Flook - 2009-07-23

can mip be run by command line. I have my entire download process, file moving, file renaming and library update in xbmc all automated and want to add this to the process. I need to be able to run it in the background, scrape for new movies and tv shows and then exit.

If mip is not able to run via command line does anyone know of one that does. Before mip I ran media companion via an autoit script and that worked ok but I like mip better and would prefer command line.

edit: I see Ember can be run by command line but I think it only does movies and I mainly need it for TV.

- andyblac - 2009-07-23

fekker Wrote:there's a code level change needed for that one.. forgot about that part Big Grin

ok, thanks for letting me know, i thought i was going crazySmile

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-23

Just tried to install MIP and the MIP AutoUpdate on my Vista x64 sytem.

Ran into some installation issues.

1.) while installing the initial build 2870 full installer I was asked whether I had a 64 or 32 bt operating system. I chose 64 but then MIP continued to install in the "Program files(x86)" folder. Is this to be expeceted? If not should I have manually selected the "Program Files" folder (for 64 bit apps) during install?

2.) Perhaps because it is expecting MIP to be in the standard "Program files" folder, the AutoUpdate program doesn't work. On startup it reports an error saying access to the path "c:/program files/mediainfoplus" is denied. Not surprising given that that folder doesn't exist (MIP installed in "program files(x86)" as I said).

So, am i safe to just install MIP full installer in the main (64 bit) "Program files" folder?
I'm presuming that would make autoupdate work.

Finally, would you recommend upgrading to the latest test build 2910? Anything unstable about it?

Oh and one more Q: is it normal that MIP takes a looong time on the splash screen before opening?

Thanks so much!

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-23

One more thing...will I need imagemagick for MIP's basic functionality? Because the link on the first page isn't working for the 64bit version.

- yage0832 - 2009-07-23

fekker Wrote:- i'm guessing it's hitting some folder that is hidden from view and stopping on that .. can you redo the dir list including any hidden/system for folders/files

Yeah there is a $RECYCLE.BIN hidden folder which I wouldn't think would be a problem and also a ehthumbs.db hidden -- which could be the problem. The only thing is I can't seem to delete the ehthumbs.db file. I don't see it in explorer (even w/ show hidden files on), I can only see it when running a
dir \ah in the dos interface.

- yage0832 - 2009-07-24

fekker Wrote:- i'm guessing it's hitting some folder that is hidden from view and stopping on that .. can you redo the dir list including any hidden/system for folders/files

Here are the folders & files: http://pastebin.com/m45939fd5

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-24

Update - I figured I'd just have a go installing MIP in the regular program files folder...but it refuses to install there!....Even if I manually specify the path during installation the program always installs to the the "Program files(x86)" folder.

What should I doHuh?

kiboy6 Wrote:Just tried to install MIP and the MIP AutoUpdate on my Vista x64 sytem.

Ran into some installation issues.

1.) while installing the initial build 2870 full installer I was asked whether I had a 64 or 32 bt operating system. I chose 64 but then MIP continued to install in the "Program files(x86)" folder. Is this to be expeceted? If not should I have manually selected the "Program Files" folder (for 64 bit apps) during install?

2.) Perhaps because it is expecting MIP to be in the standard "Program files" folder, the AutoUpdate program doesn't work. On startup it reports an error saying access to the path "c:/program files/mediainfoplus" is denied. Not surprising given that that folder doesn't exist (MIP installed in "program files(x86)" as I said).

So, am i safe to just install MIP full installer in the main (64 bit) "Program files" folder?
I'm presuming that would make autoupdate work.

Finally, would you recommend upgrading to the latest test build 2910? Anything unstable about it?

Oh and one more Q: is it normal that MIP takes a looong time on the splash screen before opening?

Thanks so much!

- fekker - 2009-07-24

kiboy6 Wrote:Update - I figured I'd just have a go installing MIP in the regular program files folder...but it refuses to install there!....Even if I manually specify the path during installation the program always installs to the the "Program files(x86)" folder.

What should I doHuh?

the folder doesn't matter

the 64 bit install is for mediainfo.dll (picking the correct one) but the location will default to the same under both 32 and 64 bit

for image magick, any 64 bit version will work, just install it to MIP's 3rd party folder. (it's used for resizing and compression, but not critical)

Quote:Yeah there is a $RECYCLE.BIN hidden folder which I wouldn't think would be a problem and also a ehthumbs.db hidden -- which could be the problem. The only thing is I can't seem to delete the ehthumbs.db file. I don't see it in explorer (even w/ show hidden files on), I can only see it when running a
dir \ah in the dos interface.
ok, that's where it's going south .. i'll have to rework that loader to fix that one.

in other news, UMC is going to be bitchen. It'll take some time to get all the parts going, but i've been able to test a basic api and parse local movie folders (for folder and file level movies) and display that movie information in all web browsers, in a windows form (i.e. standard program like MIP is) and under Linux since it's a c# app that works under mono. And that's just the start as I rewire my brain for c# and not vb programming.

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-24

fekker Wrote:the folder doesn't matter

the 64 bit install is for mediainfo.dll (picking the correct one) but the location will default to the same under both 32 and 64 bit

for image magick, any 64 bit version will work, just install it to MIP's 3rd party folder. (it's used for resizing and compression, but not critical)

Great...I should be good to go then Smile Thanks.

Only problem is MIP is still taking a very long time to open (Splash screen stays up for about a minute). Any idea why this may be?

- fekker - 2009-07-25

kiboy6 Wrote:Great...I should be good to go then Smile Thanks.

Only problem is MIP is still taking a very long time to open (Splash screen stays up for about a minute). Any idea why this may be?

shouldn't take long to open.. it's not trying to load anything but the gui, with a check for the config.xml file

- kiboy6 - 2009-07-25

Hmmm...that's strange. Can't seem to find a config.xml file anywhere in my installation folder?

Where should it be? I searched for it and it didn't come up.

That's probably what's making it hang upon loading...Do you think it could be missing from the 64bit install or something?

Thanks for the help...can't wait to start scraping!

- infy - 2009-07-25

Why is it asking for input?
I'm probably doing something wrong but it always shows the RIGHT movie twice.

It would be nice if it asked for the ones it does not know @ the end of the scanning process..