Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Cranial - 2009-04-22 00:21

paul Wrote:Hopefully i will upload wednesday evening BST but it really needs further testing with the new list views ie the tv views is still a memory hog am going to try lowering the resolution of the new backpanel and hope it fairs better than 17mb free ram as i know this won't be enough for some of you guys runnning on 720 but i will upload all the same so you can have a play with it.Smile

Paul,

As you know I just sent you my version. A couple of other people have it too. So I'll see what they think of it.

Flow really uses a lot of memory on the xbox, so I think it's best to stick to Flat.

Have many textures changed in the Auriga release? Haven't really had the chance to check it out yet.

- paul - 2009-04-22 00:29

Cranial Wrote:Paul,

As you know I just sent you my version. A couple of other people have it too. So I'll see what they think of it.

Flow really uses a lot of memory on the xbox, so I think it's best to stick to Flat.

Have many textures changed in the Auriga release? Haven't really had the chance to check it out yet.

It's mainly one folder extra for the new list view which adds about 3mb before resizing the textures It looks really good the new view .
i will have a look at your textures to see if they are better if so i will resize my next release accordingly but it may delay it slightly. thanks I appreciate your inputSmile

- turbinez - 2009-04-22 06:49

do you need textures.xpr if you are running this on an AppleTV?

- paul - 2009-04-22 06:56

turbinez Wrote:do you need textures.xpr if you are running this on an AppleTV?
As far as i am aware no. just delete it

- paul - 2009-04-22 06:59

Well here it is early Aeon_Auriga_Lite_Revision1
Download from here http://www.mediafire.com/?mgtqgow2vyj
Or from my signature

- turbinez - 2009-04-22 07:06

paul is auriga the same as stark? sorta confused? didn't know auriga was out. and thanks for the quick updates! you are the best!

- Cranial - 2009-04-22 07:11

paul Wrote:Well here it is early Aeon_Auriga_Lite_Revision1
Download from here http://www.mediafire.com/?mgtqgow2vyj
Or from my signature

Downloading now, I'll check it out. Thanks Paul.

- Cranial - 2009-04-22 07:12

turbinez Wrote:paul is auriga the same as stark? sorta confused? didn't know auriga was out. and thanks for the quick updates! you are the best!

Auriga is the next step of Aeon/Stark, it's still in development.

- paul - 2009-04-22 07:16

Christ that was bloody quick, you don't miss a thingLaugh
Have been up all night working on resizing and testing. i did manage to match your 35mb free ram in the main menu but the tv list view still sucks loads of memory even with the fanart off. what it really needs is the default backgrounds switching off in the media views as there still being used behind the fanart. not sure how that could be done but it must be possible. let me know what ya think.............Cool

- paul - 2009-04-22 07:19

turbinez Wrote:paul is auriga the same as stark? sorta confused? didn't know auriga was out. and thanks for the quick updates! you are the best!
as cranial pointed out it's just another code word no doubt he will use a different name for the next milestone as there is still loads of stuff needing putting into it and or fixing, But it's getting there slowly it's been worth waiting for in my oppinion.
But sorry for any confusion caused by the change of nameConfusedBig Grin

- Cranial - 2009-04-22 07:25

paul Wrote:Christ that was bloody quick, you don't miss a thingLaugh
Have been up all night working on resizing and testing. i did manage to match your 35mb free ram in the main menu but the tv list view still sucks loads of memory even with the fanart off. what it really needs is the default backgrounds switching off in the media views as there still being used behind the fanart. not sure how that could be done but it must be possible. let me know what ya think.............Cool

In MyVideoNav.xml you can disable the backgrounds completely. That's what I did for the TV section in mine, not sure if you noticed. I'll have a go at that with yours and see how I go. That way you can still have fanart and be able to play media files.

- turbinez - 2009-04-22 07:54

Paul nice work. I've notice it seems to run a bit smoother than Stark Lite Rev 3 on my AppleTV... I'm using flow view in showcase and its faster. In Stark Lite Rev 3 it was pretty laggy. It's improved, which is great. Even my fanart seems to show up faster as well.

- paul - 2009-04-22 07:59

Cranial Wrote:In MyVideoNav.xml you can disable the backgrounds completely. That's what I did for the TV section in mine, not sure if you noticed. I'll have a go at that with yours and see how I go. That way you can still have fanart and be able to play media files.
I tried that but must have screwed up the code somehow will have another go after some shuteye as i am knackeredLaugh
turbinez Wrote:Paul nice work. I've notice it seems to run a bit smoother than Stark Lite Rev 3 on my AppleTV... I'm using flow view in showcase and its faster. In Stark Lite Rev 3 it was pretty laggy. It's improved, which is great. Even my fanart seems to show up faster as well.
OOh another satisfied user. glad i am able to help all you apple tv users as well as the xbox usersNod

- Bram77 - 2009-04-22 09:54

Ik can't run rev3 on my xbox. It runs into memory problems instantly. I have to, with a lot of patience, change the backdrops to smaller ones. But the memory usage still is at the limit... Is this version intended to be used on the xbox?

- turbinez - 2009-04-22 10:59

Not sure if this is a problem with Auriga, but my DVD flags aren't showing up now. I know they are suppose to be there because i have sddvd in all my filenames. Can someone else confirm this?

When running Stark Lite R3, they show up.