Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- paul - 2009-05-20

wannabegt4 Wrote:I know what you're talking about. I think it looks great and would be a much welcomed addition.
Thanks for the vote i will get on with it one way or the other it will be added even if i have
to do two versionsLaugh
mcborzu Wrote:I second the transparency thing....

Whats your take on the "Showcase View with integrated Multiplex images" this-->http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49771

I would prefer it more with the regular Showcase view in terms of covers with the title showcase floor mod like this....(excuse the quick photoshop mockup)

On his mod I dont like the spacing on the covers and how it zooms the focus cover by like 80%, I like how auriga just zooms by 10%. I'm trying to mess with it but all the .xml's are confusing.
I have that but the problem is his mod is intergrated into the skin and there are a few bugs in it but what i may do is once i get my version working and looking as i like it. i will try to work backwards on his skin but it's not going to be easy and i think i may need to call for help on some of the code side of things. in any event i will try to get it working on xbox and throw it out to you guys as is to test and i will see where we go from there.
But i can't say when it will be as i have still got quite a bit too do for this skin and i also would like to get out a pc light version at some point(Plus 3 Others skins in need of updateing) Arghhh i must be crackers i need to take on staff(slaves)Laugh

Mod_Fix pack1 - paul - 2009-05-20

An update For Revision 5+6 is available in my first post instructions on how to use it,
are in the read me with full credits to all those people who have contributed there time to aid me in creating this fantastic skin work so well on The Xbox. For the idiots who from time to time come on to the forum you will be ignored and placed on my ignore list if decide to be an awkward swine(it's just a shame i can't do that to myself Laugh)
All i ask is you read any or all instructions given and have a go at getting it running first.
Before coming to me moaning like some child in need of his Nappy changeing(diaper for none Brits) otherwise you risk being ignored by myself though i can't speak for my regular readers nor will persuade them to do the same many thank's guys.

And wish me luck in sorting out that multiplex view in showcase mod as it's going to take me ages to try to make any sense of the code as there are no markers as to where he has changed code. but will try in a week or twoHuh

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-20

paul Wrote:I have that but the problem is his mod is intergrated into the skin and there are a few bugs in it but what i may do is once i get my version working and looking as i like it. i will try to work backwards on his skin but it's not going to be easy and i think i may need to call for help on some of the code side of things. in any event i will try to get it working on xbox and throw it out to you guys as is to test and i will see where we go from there.

I just downloaded the multiplex/showcase mod and was suprised to see it was the entire skin.

I will try to separate the mod from the skin so it can be added to an existing skin. Shouldn't be that hard, just time consuming....

I'll let you know Paul.

- paul - 2009-05-20

g00fy1 Wrote:I just downloaded the multiplex/showcase mod and was suprised to see it was the entire skin.

I will try to separate the mod from the skin so it can be added to an existing skin. Shouldn't be that hard, just time consuming....

I'll let you know Paul.
Thanks that gives me more time to spend on altering the screen textures and updating the mediaflags.xml as that is really time consuming.

In the meantime have a look at what i have done so far with the transparency.
If you want more say so as i am undecided as i just stuck to a 20% reduction in transparency
But i didn't want to go too far with it Image

- yadster - 2009-05-20

paul Wrote:1. bring up the context menu and settings / customise /assistant / now playing shutdown timer /restart and shutdown are all there.

2. No idea as i Have no use for it i stick my head out of the window to find out what the weather is likeLaugh
3. There is no filemanager and i have not been able to make one work with it but djh may be able to help you further on that one if anybody knows how to find himLaugh
4. this should be fixed with my update/fix pack when i upload it (i am still working on it it will get uploaded either late tonight or early in the morning)

Glad you like the skin... and it's going to get a whole lot better.... Soon

I sussed out the context button. I had to edit the keymap.xml and add the following line in the home section part. Now it works a treat.

<title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</title>

As for the weather I'm in agreement with you but the wife wants to know what the weather is going to be for the next 10 days, what the weather is going to be like where she works and what the weather is doing at our holiday destination. Rolleyes I'm going to have a look at the PM3.HD weather xml's and see if I can learn something from those.

Look forward to when the thumb issue gets fixed. I know it works fine in library mode but I have loads of documentaries, home movies, cartoons etc that don't get added to the libarary which means I use file mode for ease of use.

Thanks again for all your hard work. From my feeble attempts to edit a few xmls I understand all the effort you've put in.

- paul - 2009-05-20

yadster Wrote:I sussed out the context button. I had to edit the keymap.xml and add the following line in the home section part. Now it works a treat.

<title>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</title>

As for the weather I'm in agreement with you but the wife wants to know what the weather is going to be for the next 10 days, what the weather is going to be like where she works and what the weather is doing at our holiday destination. Rolleyes I'm going to have a look at the PM3.HD weather xml's and see if I can learn something from those.

Look forward to when the thumb issue gets fixed. I know it works fine in library mode but I have loads of documentaries, home movies, cartoons etc that don't get added to the libarary which means I use file mode for ease of use.

Thanks again for all your hard work. From my feeble attempts to edit a few xmls I understand all the effort you've put in.
Glad you sussed out the context menu issue with the remote.
And what is it with women? if she likes the weather feature the skin has been modified to allow the use of weather backdrops by weather condition for example if it rains you get pictures of it raining or if it's snowing you get pictures of snow. there is a weather pack some where on the forum am not sure just where but am sure you will find it easy enough and then your wife will really be happyOo and the thumb issue fix is in the update pack in post 1 full instructions on how to use it is in the pack. enjoyCool

- Bram77 - 2009-05-20

I've created archive with rev6 + the mod fix pack (font's included, created texture pack with normal compression). I don't know if this is allowed. If not, I'll remove the link.

http://bramvanoploo.tweakdsl.nl/remote/XBMC/skins/Aeon%20Lite%20v6+.rar

- yadster - 2009-05-20

paul Wrote:and the thumb issue fix is in the update pack in post 1 full instructions on how to use it is in the pack. enjoyCool

I'm been a bit of a div but I still have the same problem. Copied over the 720p folder, made a new textures.xpr and copied that over but still the same problem of the poster remaining behind the square thumb. Tried a completely fresh install but still the same. Help :confused2:

- Bram77 - 2009-05-20

The library views remain black with the mods installed (nothing shows).

- paul - 2009-05-20

Bram77 Wrote:I've created archive with rev6 + the mod fix pack (font's included, created texture pack with normal compression). I don't know if this is allowed. If not, I'll remove the link.

Ooh I think i can let you off seeing as the dutch are such nice friendly people.Wink
yadster Wrote:I'm been a bit of a div but I still have the same problem. Copied over the 720p folder, made a new textures.xpr and copied that over but still the same problem of the poster remaining behind the square thumb. Tried a completely fresh install but still the same. Help :confused2:
I am certain the fix is in there unless you have found a new bug(god dammit):p
Could you post a screenshot so i can confirm what the problem is then i can try to find a way to fix it.

But if you have made some blunder Which i doubt then i will be uploading the new version on sunday. which will have the new transparent panels in multiplex views and a whole new Textured black list view and a few new default icons i am testing at the moment. and it looks darn nice. But then i would say that i hear you all say.Big Grin

- yadster - 2009-05-20

paul Wrote:I am certain the fix is in there unless you have found a new bug(god dammit):p
Could you post a screenshot so i can confirm what the problem is then i can try to find a way to fix it.

But if you have made some blunder Which i doubt then i will be uploading the new version on sunday.

I'll hold on till sunday. I'm sure you've got plenty to be getting on with.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-20

paul Wrote:Thanks that gives me more time to spend on altering the screen textures and updating the mediaflags.xml as that is really time consuming.

In the meantime have a look at what i have done so far with the transparency.
If you want more say so as i am undecided as i just stuck to a 20% reduction in transparency
But i didn't want to go too far with it Image

This is gonna be difficult not knowing which version of Aeon he started with...

What are we looking to achieve? Just the cool showcase view look? With the info popup? That may be the easiest for me to put into a "mod" cause there's a lot more modified in there...

- mcborzu - 2009-05-20

g00fy1 Wrote:What are we looking to achieve? Just the cool showcase view look? With the info popup? That may be the easiest for me to put into a "mod" cause there's a lot more modified in there...

Everyone has different tatses but I just like the showcase floor look in movies, I dont care or need the pop up, or showcase view for TVshows...I trying myself, I have a decent amount of free time for next couple of days.

- kruykaze - 2009-05-21

Bram77 Wrote:I've created archive with rev6 + the mod fix pack (font's included, created texture pack with normal compression). I don't know if this is allowed. If not, I'll remove the link.

Thank you so much I couldn't find a program for xprs on ubuntu!

- paul - 2009-05-21

yadster Wrote:I'll hold on till sunday. I'm sure you've got plenty to be getting on with.
Ha ha your not kidding i still aint gotten round to updateing horizon or mediastream(both Versions) i am scrapping the pc version of auriga as i can't be arsedLaugh
mcborzu Wrote:Everyone has different tatses but I just like the showcase floor look in movies, I dont care or need the pop up, or showcase view for TVshows...I trying myself, I have a decent amount of free time for next couple of days.
more hands make lite work go for it as has and is a xbox community project so i accept as little or as much help as people can do.
g00fy1 Wrote:This is gonna be difficult not knowing which version of Aeon he started with...

What are we looking to achieve? Just the cool showcase view look? With the info popup? That may be the easiest for me to put into a "mod" cause there's a lot more modified in there...

Ok so i have attacked his mod from a different angle i added all of my modded files in 1 or 2 at a time and finally found out there is 3 main files that effect his mod but not had much time to dig in to them. they are Includes_mediaflags.xml (the esaiest to sort)
Includes_Furniture.xml and i think the worste one Includes_Showcase.xml
To be honest some of what he has added i had allready got in my next revision(The black list panel view done by lokheed) and the default icons ihave asked lokheed if he will make me a full set of them and he said he will when he has the time, so there to come.
The part i really want out of this mod in terms of code is the plot panel that shows up when you push upwards or better still automatically when you pause on an item.
as that feature is what i have most wanted for smegging ages. but don't worry too much if you can't do it as i am going to try myself if only to learn a little as i know jack about codeing
Thanks

kruykaze Wrote:Thank you so much I couldn't find a program for xprs on ubuntu!
In the future i will be uploading the textures.xpr i did not think it would cause so much trouble to so many people, so sorry for that guys i was just trying to save some bandwidth as i am using a mobile modem for my connection on pay as you go, plus i am on long term sick leave which is why i have so much time to spend on these xbox skinsSmile