Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- anoobie - 2009-05-26

Hi Paul, I think the reason scrolling takes 5 seconds is because the xbox is still missing the background loading feature which was recently added. On the pc the extrathumbs images are loaded in the background so scrolling is very smooth.

That's what I think is the reason. You can also try out the plot layout to see how that goes.

cheers

- paul - 2009-05-26

anoobie Wrote:Hi Paul, I think the reason scrolling takes 5 seconds is because the xbox is still missing the background loading feature which was recently added. On the pc the extrathumbs images are loaded in the background so scrolling is very smooth.

That's what I think is the reason. You can also try out the plot layout to see how that goes.

cheers

I started by resizing all your textures by 50% as that normally works ok added the code to my existing mods and switched the info trigger to on turned fanart off layout to plot
And changed all my default backdrops to plain black the thumbs loaded ok and the poster then between 3 to 5 seconds later the fanart would load, i could not even navigate left or right untill it had finished loading the current fanart. the only way i can foresee it working on xbox would be to resize all my fanart down to at least 640x360 and hopefully that may make it better but i really don't want to have to resize over 300 fanarts just for the xbox as it took me long enough to set it all up to 960x540 plus i share the same files on my pc and they would look really crap sized down at 640x360. it's a shame as i really do like the mod but let's not kid ourselves the xbox does have it's limits. and auriga has allready pushed it to it's limits. I will use this mod as and when i replace the xbox though.Sad

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-26

paul Wrote:Bad news guys i have just spent ages getting anoobies mod3 for multiplex working on my pc,
reworked all textures etc and it works fine with all the other mods. but i have just tested this out on xbox and it's a none starter theres enough memory i have currently 20mb free but the problem is unless i resize all my fanart and posters down again theres no chance as it takes around 5 seconds to move from one film to the next so as nice as it is it's really not an option for xbox but don't take my word for it try for your self so it will not be in the test
release or the final sorry as i really like it my selfNo
So for now i am sticking with standard multiplex views with 3 levels of transparency.
If I have overlooked something with anoobies mod 3 then I will reconsider itEek

Yep. it's sucking up resources, it's even slower on my laptop than the normal multiplex... Maybe it will get optimized, but for now we'll have to do without it on the ole box... Confused

I like the new list view by Leeuw but that's not out yet.. Sad

- anoobie - 2009-05-26

g00fy1 Wrote:Yep. it's sucking up resources, it's even slower on my laptop than the normal multiplex... Maybe it will get optimized, but for now we'll have to do without it on the ole box... Confused

I don't know why that is. I can scroll through my movies very smoothly. Do you have the latest version of xbmc? Babylon is not new enough.

- mcborzu - 2009-05-26

Played around most of the day with the new mod. Made fanart to 320x180 and the extrathumbs even smaller for movies starting with A and B to see how the mod works. While I didn't have Pauls problem, scrolling for me was normal, a few problems arised...

1. 15mb free is ok, 15mb play 70% of my library I need atleast 18-19 to play everything.
2. 10% of the time the extrathumb on the left wouldn't show.
3. Major problem is when it would freeze or crash, it would really crash and wipe all my usersettings so when switching skins I had to redo everything...that got annoying after 3-4 times.

Dont think I'll put the time in for the mod, I really love it but I don't want to spend all the time getting 700 movies up to par for something I dont think the xbox can handle. Oh well....

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-26

anoobie Wrote:I don't know why that is. I can scroll through my movies very smoothly. Do you have the latest version of xbmc? Babylon is not new enough.

No, I don't. I'll give that a try. Thanks anoobie!

EDIT: Ok, that's better! It runs better on my test laptop and I've got 19-20mb free on my xBox. I'll have to tweak the fonts though, on my 56" I can't read any of the side panel text, probably cause it's a 4:3 screen... Now, I'm off to try to get this fully integrated with Paul's version.

- paul - 2009-05-26

g00fy1 Wrote:Yep. it's sucking up resources, it's even slower on my laptop than the normal multiplex... Maybe it will get optimized, but for now we'll have to do without it on the ole box... Confused

Yeh the new view looks smart according leeuw it will eventually work for tv views . but for the moment only movies, i look forward to that one.
mcborzu Wrote:Played around most of the day with the new mod. Made fanart to 320x180 and the extrathumbs even smaller for movies starting with A and B to see how the mod works. While I didn't have Pauls problem, scrolling for me was normal, a few problems arised...

1. 15mb free is ok, 15mb play 70% of my library I need atleast 18-19 to play everything.
2. 10% of the time the extrathumb on the left wouldn't show.
3. Major problem is when it would freeze or crash, it would really crash and wipe all my usersettings so when switching skins I had to redo everything...that got annoying after 3-4 times.

Dont think I'll put the time in for the mod, I really love it but I don't want to spend all the time getting 700 movies up to par for something I dont think the xbox can handle. Oh well....
The only other thing you could try is to resize all your extrathumbs down aswell mine are currentl set to 640x360 and Auriga has no problem with them but if you have them for all 700 films then your talking around 1400 at least. Not worth it in my oppinion. but at least i know know it was not me missing something as it's too easy to overlook something.

- paul - 2009-05-26

g00fy1 Wrote:No, I don't. I'll give that a try. Thanks anoobie!

EDIT: Ok, that's better! It runs better on my test laptop and I've got 19-20mb free on my xBox. I'll have to tweak the fonts though, on my 56" I can't read any of the side panel text, probably cause it's a 4:3 screen... Now, I'm off to try to get this fully integrated with Paul's version.
I found the same problem with the text being way too small and i am on a 32" 16/9 sd tv
The problem is if you make them bigger they may not look right even then, but no harm in trying. But for me it's simply not worth my time, time to move on i think.

Ps i have just got another load of studio and tv flags to build into my existing setup once that is done i will let you all have a play with the next test. this will either be a major success or a totall failure depending on your setups but on my test rig i managed to get 27mb free ram in tv views in multiplex and fanart on. no improvement on showcase sorry to say multiplex in general i found using the glass transparency gaind another 1mb.
I think after this last lot of problems with variuos new views i think i will leave them out and concentrate on trying to improve the memory consumption and iron out any bugs.
So for a while it's in feature freeze. and lets see what comes of these new mods from leeuw and the new mod pack from cf2009 which will support genre covers for music.
But any bug fixes will be added as they are essential in my oppinionSmile

Final Test Release - paul - 2009-05-27

Update Auriga_Lite_test2 http://www.4shared.com/file/108019005/c0736881/Auriga_lite_Test2.html

Here is a complete list of whats in this test release
[HTML][Fix] Multiplex info trigger button (by Hitcher)
[Fix] Files mode tv list view with square thumb (by Hitcher)
[Fix] List view for games and programs (by Cf2009)
[Fix] List view large thumb (by Randalthor)
[Fix] List view for scripts (by wannabegT4)
[Fix] Focused home visualiser on texture (by Hitcher)
[FIX] Fanart On/Off button for List View settings (by Hitcher)
[Mod] Mouse pointer
[Mod] Smaller Dialog Volume Bar (by g00fy1)
[Mod] Smaller Update dialog bar (by msapence)
[Mod] Menu bar lock (by g00fy1)
[Mod] File Browser a mix of old and new (by Cf2009)
[Mod] Last FM and Stop button added to the music OSD (by cf2009)
[Mod] Movie title on the seekbar (by Hitcher)
[Mod] Favourites Dialog (by cf2009)
[Mod] Weather conditions / movie genre posters (by cf2009)
[Mod] Genre posters (by Cf2009)
[Mod] Party mode button for music (by Cf2009)
[Mod] Movie title on seekbar (by Hitcher)
[Mod] Free memory on time bar (by g00fy1)
[Mod] International movie classification ratings (by redtapemedia)
[Mod] FanArt backdrops fade glitch fix (by Leeuw)
[Mod] Multiplex plot outline for thumb & art layout (by Hitcher)
[Mod] Multiplex season indicator for flattened tv shows (by Hitcher)
[MOD] Multiplex C-Thru (by Leeuw)[/HTML]

Hopefully this will work as well for you as it does for me, i removed the previous multiplex mod as it broke a few other mods. and also because i am waiting for leeuw's multiplex mod for mod for music movies and tv views when this is released and also cf2009's next mod pack which hopefully will have the music genre mod i will be creating the last and final revision for Auriga this will come with a new set of genre posters for movies and music.
But i do plan to come back to Aeon as soon as there is significant changes to djh's branch on github?! though i can't see it being any time soon. if any bug fixes arise then i will be creating small update packs. let me know how this one runs on your xbox's as i have made a number of changes to the textures and i am not certain they will work for everybody and if that's the case i will revert back to the ones i would normally use.Oo

- Bram77 - 2009-05-27

Works pretty good here! No probs so far. Thanks Smile

- joncgde2 - 2009-05-28

could you please host your skins on mediafire?

4shared downloads keep cutting off for me Sad

plus, mediafire has no wait times!

- paul - 2009-05-28

joncgde2 Wrote:could you please host your skins on mediafire?

4shared downloads keep cutting off for me Sad

plus, mediafire has no wait times!
I used to use mediafire but recently i have had loads of problems with them.
Plus i get a bigger storage allowance on 4 shared. besides i am only using a mobile modem for connection so i am very limited on how much i can upload so i am afraid the answer will have to be no, but if you ask some of the other users on here i am sure one of these kind folks will help you outBlush

- joncgde2 - 2009-05-28

no worries - thankyou anyway for replying Smile

love your work! Big Grin

- Bram77 - 2009-05-28

Paul, why not use google code Smile
If you upload the skin to the SVN repo we could easily add you repo to the XBMC SVN installer and update the skin from within XBMC! As long as you respect the directory/file structure the xbmc-addons google-code page uses.

- yadster - 2009-05-28

paul Wrote:I used to use mediafire but recently i have had loads of problems with them. Plus i get a bigger storage allowance on 4 shared. besides i am only using a mobile modem for connection so i am very limited on how much i can upload so i am afraid the answer will have to be no, but if you ask some of the other users on here i am sure one of these kind folks will help you outBlush

I can upload to my Rapidshare account if that helps.