Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Cranial - 2009-06-25

paul Wrote:I have hit major problems and i am starting to think my xbox is failing i updated xbmc to last nights nightly build as i started to have major problems with hitchers last build the one with the extra weather stuff i were getting only 17mb in multiplex and it's still the same now,
i have rebuilt the skin twice and re installed 3 times with different builds of xbmc only to find i still get only 17mb so it's either my xbox which is screwed or there is something wrong in the code as i have only made small cosmetic changes to it and i were going to upload this weekend, not now i aint not untill i work out whats gone wrong, how are you getting on with it gOOfy1 are you having issues?Sad

Try uploading another instance of xbmc to the xbox, in a different location and add nothing but the skin to it's userdata directory. Then boot to this version of xbmc from the original as an app. This will make sure it's not a database corruption from changing versions of xbmc back and forth. I had this problem recently, and had to wipe my entire xbmc directory and do a fresh upload, then rescrape all of my media.

And no, still haven't been able to get to my xbox. Stupid work. I'll get back to my xbox and couch time soon I hope.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-25

paul Wrote:I have hit major problems and i am starting to think my xbox is failing i updated xbmc to last nights nightly build as i started to have major problems with hitchers last build the one with the extra weather stuff i were getting only 17mb in multiplex and it's still the same now,
i have rebuilt the skin twice and re installed 3 times with different builds of xbmc only to find i still get only 17mb so it's either my xbox which is screwed or there is something wrong in the code as i have only made small cosmetic changes to it and i were going to upload this weekend, not now i aint not untill i work out whats gone wrong, how are you getting on with it gOOfy1 are you having issues?Sad

I'm not running the latest build Paul, so I'm not having a problem.

I'd try installing XMBC in another location and run it as a script, just to see what you get.

In the meantime, I'll download Hitcher's latest and give it a try. I've already reduced the images so it should be a quick test.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-25

Cranial Wrote:I had this problem recently, and had to wipe my entire xbmc directory and do a fresh upload, then rescrape all of my media.

Shocked That's why I back up my database every time I make a change to it.

- paul - 2009-06-25

Cranial Wrote:Try uploading another instance of xbmc to the xbox, in a different location and add nothing but the skin to it's userdata directory. Then boot to this version of xbmc from the original as an app. This will make sure it's not a database corruption from changing versions of xbmc back and forth. I had this problem recently, and had to wipe my entire xbmc directory and do a fresh upload, then rescrape all of my media.

And no, still haven't been able to get to my xbox. Stupid work. I'll get back to my xbox and couch time soon I hope.
I shall have another crack at itEek
g00fy1 Wrote:I'm not running the latest build Paul, so I'm not having a problem.

I'd try installing XMBC in another location and run it as a script, just to see what you get.

In the meantime, I'll download Hitcher's latest and give it a try. I've already reduced the images so it should be a quick test.
That's how i usually do it
g00fy1 Wrote:Shocked That's why I back up my database every time I make a change to it.
Yeh i allway's keep my user data folder. then if the new build seems ok i copy it into the new build. am going to reformat and rebuild the hard drive over the weekend as i have a gut feeling it may be corupted. at least i hope it's that as it's easy to fix just a pain to doNo
And while i remember in hitchers newest buid theres an extra folder of weather icons and a new folder of weather backdrops in the backdrops folder if you leave them in
you will end up with a .xpr over 107mb just why it ends up so dam big i aint sure but i took them out as i don't use the weather feature.

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-26

Thanks for the info Paul!

- paul - 2009-06-26

g00fy1 Wrote:Thanks for the info Paul!

It looks more and more like my xbox is screwed reformated C: E : X : Y : Z
fresh install of all software and skins the same results 17mb free in multiplex 2. so i installed Revision6 and I get 17mb in multiplex1 view ( iam going to re vamp this older version completely as the graphics don't flicker like it does with the new versions)
So until i build a new xbox from my stack of old busted xbox's i have been given i won't know for sure, but i did notice it takes about 8 seconds to go from movies back to the home screen and i have never seen this kind of behavour in a xbox before. oh well wheres the soldering iron and multimeter...... gone from testing testing to fixing fixing, no doubt this will bring a smile to certain people lol...

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-28

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that.

- paul - 2009-06-28

g00fy1 Wrote:Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that.

So have just spent hours rebuilding frankenstein(my new xbox)
Only to get the same dam results? and i have done nothing different with this version
to any other so it has to be in the code my money is on that crappy new multi image loading code as i just noticed it uses more memory on my pc wish i could get hold of a copy of it before he put that code in. i will try blacks black on the xbox to see if that's the same as it looks dam stunning on my pc so much so i intend on stripping out the lite stuff.
Should make it a wee bit smaller :p

- sircube - 2009-06-29

Hi, just one comment to the memory consumption of this Aeon mod. I'm running the home screens in 720p on my xbox. I have the resolution of backdrops/fanart reduced but still it seems the setup consumes too much memory with Aoen Xbox mod to have movies played. like 13-18MB in Movies/Videos submenu.
Probably this is already on the limit of the xbox as discussed with Paul privately.
I just let you know that switching back to 480p helps and that the only way for the skin at the moment. This was not clear to me while reading the topic so wanted to share with all the newcomers.
cheers,sircube

- paul - 2009-06-29

sircube Wrote:Hi, just one comment to the memory consumption of this Aeon mod. I'm running the home screens in 720p on my xbox. I have the resolution of backdrops/fanart reduced but still it seems the setup consumes too much memory with Aoen Xbox mod to have movies played. like 13-18MB in Movies/Videos submenu.
Probably this is already on limit of the xbox as discussed with Paul privately.
I just let you know that switching back to 480p helps and that the only way for the skin at the moment. This was not clear to me while reading thew topic so wanted to share with all the newcomers.
cheers,sircube

Thanks for confirming what i had thought all along, i have recently done Blacks Black mod / and andy blacks showcase mix mod and they all suffer just as badly on my xbox and seeing as all the old versions i did before the introduction of djh's dam multiimage loading code.
So it has to be that even my pc struggles with it unlike the old versions and quite frankly i see no point in having the new code it is wrecking what is a fantastic skin it's a shame we can't have two versions one with the code and one without, but that will never happen.
So were stuck with itSad

Aeon_Auriga_lite_Black - paul - 2009-07-09

Quick notice this version is now ready for testing by the testers i have pressganged into doing it shokka9 diemos and wannabegt4.
To all those on my contacts list if all goes well i will send you the relevant download link in a week or so.
This version is based on black's black skin as it has pretty much everything i need, i have added a few extra textures from a few other sources but thanks must go to black for doing a really great job on doing the mod. ps i my self do not have a xbox any longer but i will continue to try to keep this skin updated and i still want to revamp revision6(that will still be available to all) I am just sorry it's taken me this long to get this done, for those of you not on the list then after a few weeks or so i may have a change of heart and release it on here.
assuming it works ok.
And may the xbox live long and prosper for those of you who still use itSmile

- kruykaze - 2009-07-09

paul Wrote:Quick notice this version is now ready for testing by the testers i have pressganged into doing it shokka9 diemos and wannabegt4.
To all those on my contacts list if all goes well i will send you the relevant download link in a week or so.
This version is based on black's black skin as it has pretty much everything i need, i have added a few extra textures from a few other sources but thanks must go to black for doing a really great job on doing the mod. ps i my self do not have a xbox any longer but i will continue to try to keep this skin updated and i still want to revamp revision6(that will still be available to all) I am just sorry it's taken me this long to get this done, for those of you not on the list then after a few weeks or so i may have a change of heart and release it on here.
assuming it works ok.
And may the xbox live long and prosper for those of you who still use itSmile

sweet thanks!

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-09

Got the email while I was at work today. I've uploaded it to one of my xboxes so far but I haven't had a time to test it. I'll give it a go here in a few minutes though.

- MrIcka - 2009-07-09

No XBOX! That sucks man, how do you survive =)

Thanks for the work, nice to have a Aeon Black XBOX skin!

- paul - 2009-07-09

MrIcka Wrote:No XBOX! That sucks man, how do you survive =)

Thanks for the work, nice to have a Aeon Black XBOX skin!
I survive by hooking my 12month old pc to my new 32" LCD Tv running at 1080p
And it runs every skin perfectly, so i can still build the skins but i can't be sure they will run corectly on the xbox but i do my best to help you all outSmile
And the black theme is superb this should be the default colour and drop the light theme