Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) (/showthread.php?tid=48191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- Middle - 2011-09-29

dugan26 Wrote:Could I be running a wrong version here or something?

I dont see any of this stuff on my advance launcher ...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=881398&postcount=2520

Under Add-on Information it says 1.5.7

Im pretty sure is not about version or something, i rly think the problem is related in how you trying to show your comics.

I will try explain how i did it.

First make a duplicate advanced launcher if you use it for games/other stuffs,
i did like angelscry show in video tutorial, and works fine.

After you dup or install Advanced launcher go to programs and add it to favorites.

now go to settings/skin settings/favorites shortcuts and add it to Home with name Comics or whatever.

Now config it to scrap from comicvine or google images, (in my case i use google images since my comics is in portuguese im not sure comicvine support portuguese)

Chose your display program, i think u have one since you are using advanced launcher for it.

i use CDisplay

Set your folders (mine are like this)

Code:
[Comics]
   |-[Batman]
   |     |-[files]
   |     |    |-Batman comic 1.cbr
   |     |    |-Batman comic 2.cbr
   |     |-[Fanart]
   |     |    |-Batman comic 1.jpg (same comic file name)
   |     |    |-Batman comic 2.jpg (same comic file name)
   |     |-[Thumbs]
   |     |    |-Batman comic 1.jpg (same comic file name)
   |     |    |-Batman comic 2.jpg (same comic file name)
   |-[Sandman]
   |     |-same batman template

|-[...]

Now go to advanced launcher

1) add new emulator

2) chose CDisplay (or other comic view) as your emulator
3) Find the folder where your comics are (Batman/files in my case)
4)Extension: cbr|cbz|zip
5)Arguments: "%rom%"
6) Name it Batman (or other collection/superhero name)
7) Select plataform: IBM pc compatible (in my case i edited the xml and change to "Quadrinhos" comics in portuguese)
8) Find thumb path (Batman/thumbs in my case)
9) Find Fanart path (Batman/fanart in my case)

10) Go to your brand new collection and hit "c" (contexmenu) and add files.

thats it.

since i didnt use comicvine to scrap i have no ideia about name rules,
my thumbs fanart i extract myself from inside cbr files.

you can edit and add thumb/fanart to your main folder (batman in this case)

now repeat the add emulator part (1) to every superhero or collection if you want them to be separated.

if you use all your comics toguether you need do this only once.
but the comics will not be grouped inside the main hero collection.

i think is it
final result

cheers.

- Angelscry - 2011-09-29

dugan26 Wrote:If you take a look at page 12 of this thread - the picture with the Hulk and all the various comics on the bottom ... is this possible with adv and Aeon Nox?
With Advanced Launcher, Aeon Nox skin and ComicVine scrapper you can actually do this : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=887566&postcount=118
It's not using the specific Comic displays of Aeon Stark Comics MOD but the default Program Add-on displays of Aeon Nox.

dugan26 Wrote:Also there is no picture in the thumbnail folder nor in the fanart folder. Is this ok:

I have one folder for my actual comics and separate folders for fanart and thumbnails. I have mapped the adv to those respective folders

Or does the thumbnails need to be in the same folder as the actual comic?
Thumbs and fanarts images could be into the same folder than the comic archives. In this case if your comic filename is batman #660.cbr, thumb image must be named batman #660_thumb.jpg and fanarts image must be named batman #660_fanart.jpg.

If thumbs and fanarts images are into different directories than the comic books (my preferred choice), if your comic filename is batman #660.cbr, thumb and fanart images must be named batman #660.jpg.

dugan26 Wrote:Sorry to be a pain here on this - and I understand this is a lot to ask - but if you find the time can you describe your configs:

1. Directory structure: where your comics are in relation to where you have your scrapers pointed.
2. What views you are using (eg: showcase? list?)
3. How you created the Comics section on your home page. -Im thinking this might be my problem.
4. Anything else I might be missing?
1. One directory for each comic series, containing 3 sub-directories : 1 for comics books (.cbr), 1 for thumbs (.cbr) and 1 for fanarts (.jpg)
2. Any views that support display of items information, thumbs and fanart. Advanced Launcher is not limited to one skin or one view. The only Aeon skin supporting well Advanced Launcher actually is the Nox version.
3. I have added Advanced Launcher to XBMC favourites then added this favourite to home menu, renaming it Comics and selecting a dedicated fanart image.

dugan26 Wrote:Could I be running a wrong version here or something?

I dont see any of this stuff on my advance launcher ...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=881398&postcount=2520

Under Add-on Information it says 1.5.7
Not linked to the version. ComicVine support had come with version 1.5.5 of Advanced Launcher. All later version are working the same way.

- Angelscry - 2011-09-29

hentai23 Wrote:ok angelscry ill wait hope that will fix it cause as said youre regular adv i downloaded from the depository per the addon

worked

but the adv2 that i downloaded from youre link and added to my addons directory crashes my xbmc, once i create a addon menu item for adv2 aka comics and i click on it ....crash -.-'
To be honest I'm not sure it will fix anything, because I will do exactly the same thing that I have done on the video tutorial. Then I will zip the advanced launcher add-on folder and host it on the repository. Oo

- Angelscry - 2011-09-29

Middle Wrote:since i didnt use comicvine to scrap i have no ideia about name rules,
Thank for your explanation.

Concerning the name rules, comics archives have to be named the more closely possible than the comics issues title appearing into ComicVine database.

- dugan26 - 2011-09-29

Thank you (both) very much for these excellent explanations.
I am pretty sure this is how I have it set up and will mess with it tonight when i get home again.

- hentai23 - 2011-09-30

i sure hope it helps -.-'

- Angelscry - 2011-09-30

hentai23 Wrote:ok angelscry ill wait hope that will fix it cause as said youre regular adv i downloaded from the depository per the addon

worked

but the adv2 that i downloaded from youre link and added to my addons directory crashes my xbmc, once i create a addon menu item for adv2 aka comics and i click on it ....crash -.-'
Here is the duplicate version Advanced Launcher : http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-advanced-launcher/downloads/detail?name=plugin.program.advanced.launcher.duplicate-1.5.7.zip&can=4&q=
  • Download the zip file.
  • Start XBMC.
  • Goto into XBMC Settings / Add-ons / Install from Zip.
  • And select the zip file to install.

- hentai23 - 2011-09-30

well it works!....but the other did too xD

just found out that aeon mq3 doesnt like it for some reason

all other skins like confluence , simplicity etc like it ...da hell?

and another bug for marcosĀ“s ever growing list , -.-'

added it to his aeon mq3 release thread asap xD

perhaps if some skilled theme makers here would help marcos out with the problems between mq3 and adv

we could enjoy his theme more , with more than one adv -.-'

- Angelscry - 2011-09-30

hentai23 Wrote:well it works!....but the other did too xD

just found out that aeon mq3 doesnt like it for some reason

all other skins like confluence , simplicity etc like it ...da hell?

and another bug for marcosĀ“s ever growing list , -.-'

added it to his aeon mq3 release thread asap xD

perhaps if some skilled theme makers here would help marcos out with the problems between mq3 and adv

we could enjoy his theme more , with more than one adv -.-'
I have just downloaded Aeon MQ3 skin, and duplicated Advanced Launcher add-on are working !!!! If it is a long time you are using XBMC and use different version of a same skin, sometime, just deleting the xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml can do miracle. Be careful it will erase all your skin settings.... but could fix a lot of old version settings residual bugs.

- hentai23 - 2011-09-30

ok shall try ....-.-'

this is giving me headaches ...oh boy ...xD

update: still crashes after adding the addon menu item comics -.-'

games with regular adv still working like a charm , and i see at startup it still does a real brief scan of g for my music but dont have no g anymore hmmmm.....thou that has hardly anything to do with adv duplicate crashing xbmc id say -.-'

and another update: i decided to go the extra mile and delete my complete xbmc install -.-'

just backed up my playercorefactory.xml and am gona start from scratch hope this does it or ill trash something

update:

great just great ..-.-'

now both advanced launcher and advanced launcher duplicate crash xbmc in aeon mq3 preeden , once i select them in the menu wich ive created over shortcuts just renaming the addon shortcut 1 to games and 2 to comics , both dont work !!!!!

-.-'...thats even worse than before , before i was atleast able to select adv original , wtf?

let me remind you this is a complete fresh XBMC install now including profile ...

update: thank god i did a backup of my old advanced launcher addon settings in appdata /roaming

but this duplicate launcher aint workin either crashes i dont remember what i tweaked this one time but thats what made advanced launcher work with aeon mq3 since, i remember where i started using aeon mq3 at the beginning i had the same problem but fixed it with a settings tweak in the advanced launcher plugin i think .hmmmm.......

im thinking i remember something about aeon mq3 mixing up the regular old launcher with advanced launcher something in its settings ...

and by tweaking the advanced launcher settings.xml it somehow fixed it , damn gotta look if i can find that post from this guy that helped me out ...tsh!

heres the logs:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b7togqgj74uw0e3

http://www.mediafire.com/?datbac5clolmx47

and heres the adv settings that dont crash my xbmc with aeon mq3 thou im not sure if its the settings that make a difference just overwrote the default adv with my previous adv install the settings and launcher xml that is :

http://www.mediafire.com/?marprgabi44xl4f

http://www.mediafire.com/?k4410stt27z1lbi

- dugan26 - 2011-09-30

Here is what I was doing wrong ...

I was going into Programs
Advance Launcher - then advancing one more step
Into my Comical Launcher
Hitting C
Add to favorites

Where as I should have just added the Advance Launcher into the Favorites - now I get my views ... and thumbnails, fanart etc ...

- dugan26 - 2011-09-30

haha - One step forward a few steps back ...

So after getting my spider man comics sorted out with thumbnails and fan art ... I went back into programs and created another launcher called Batman.

When I add the Batman thumbnail - it also changes SPiderman thumbnail ...

School me please ... Scold me ... shoot me

- Angelscry - 2011-09-30

dugan26 Wrote:haha - One step forward a few steps back ...

So after getting my spider man comics sorted out with thumbnails and fan art ... I went back into programs and created another launcher called Batman.

When I add the Batman thumbnail - it also changes SPiderman thumbnail ...

School me please ... Scold me ... shoot me

By default, thumbnails and fanarts filenames for launcher are the same than the application filename. So if 2 launchers use the same application it can generate some images overwriting (only when using images scrappers).

To avoid this, you have 2 possibilities :

First, you have the possibility to define the location where will be saved the thumbnail and fanart images for each launcher at the launcher creation. By default this option is deactivated. To activate it, go into Advanced Launcher settings, General, and delete Launchers Thumbs default path and Launchers Fanarts default path values : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5#p5. Then, next time you will create a new launcher you will be asked where will be saved the corresponding thumbnail and fanart images.

The second possibility is to download by yourself (out of XBMC) all the thumbs and fanarts images for your launchers and store them into a folder (or 2 folders, one for thumbs one for fanarts, as you want). Then, when you will want to add thumbnails and fanart images to you launcher, select the dedicated Change Thumbnail image and Change Fanart image options and here choose the Select Local Image option and then select the corresponding image.

- Angelscry - 2011-09-30

hentai23 Wrote:im thinking i remember something about aeon mq3 mixing up the regular old launcher with advanced launcher something in its settings ...

and by tweaking the advanced launcher settings.xml it somehow fixed it , damn gotta look if i can find that post from this guy that helped me out ...tsh!
Please, could you try this :
  • Close XBMC.
  • Cut and past the content of user directory (settings.xml and launchers.xml file) of your first Advanced Launcher into the duplicate one.
  • Start XBMC and report me which Advanced launcher is working now.
I'm suspecting that on your system (but I do not know why only yours) AEON MQ3 skin is not able to display an Advanced Launcher empty directory (with no launcher created).

If it is the case. Just copy paste the content of user directory (settings.xml and launchers.xml file) from your first Advanced Launcher into the duplicate one. Then create a comic launcher (into duplicated Advanced Launcher), and only after this launcher have been create, delete the unwanted ones. Nod

- dugan26 - 2011-09-30

Quote:The second possibility is to download by yourself (out of XBMC) all the thumbs and fanarts images for your launchers and store them into a folder (or 2 folders, one for thumbs one for fanarts, as you want). Then, when you will want to add thumbnails and fanart images to you launcher, select the dedicated Change Thumbnail image and Change Fanart image options and here choose the Select Local Image option and then select the corresponding image.

HI and thanks for your quick response-

The directions listed above is what I did do - and got the duplicates - i even went back and forth a few times and it changes each time to the same pic.

(The scraper did not work on all the comics - so I did manually)

I will try the first suggestion and report back

Let me just confirm one thing with you -

Re: Adding additional emulator ....

The way I do it is I go into Programs
Select Advance Launcher
go into Advance Launcher
then in here I click the C and select
add additional launcher
then pick the emulator option etc ...

Is that correct ?