Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod (/showthread.php?tid=49915)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Geirern87 - 2009-05-27

Hi, this is properbly a silly question, but I have converted over to the awesome 3rd mod, but can't seem to get the taglines/movie titles to show up. I've realized that if I search up all my videos using imdb, I'll get the taglines, but movietitles still won't show up.

What do I do?

Edit! : One turns on flagging...

- B-Fir3 - 2009-05-27

My thumbs don't load from extrathumbs for any of my 2-part or 3-part movies. Any movies in my collection with "-cd1.avi", "-cd2.avi", etc. don't have the slideshow.

Slideshow only shows for movies as a single AVI. Any way around this?

By the way, I love this MOD! Smile

- logictester - 2009-05-27

B-Fir3 Wrote:My thumbs don't load from extrathumbs for any of my 2-part or 3-part movies. Any movies in my collection with "-cd1.avi", "-cd2.avi", etc. don't have the slideshow.

Slideshow only shows for movies as a single AVI. Any way around this?

By the way, I love this MOD! Smile

no way around this - it's xbmc limitation - here is the thread about this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50708 Sad

- anoobie - 2009-05-27

Rand Al Thor Wrote:Great mod anoobie. Just a few things I noticed. You need to set the visability tags on the Tagline, studio/rating/format, and Title (though that is negotiable) so that they are only visible when the rest of the information is visible. As it stands, if you have it set for Trigger or Auto, the tagline and studio/rating/format info is always on the screen.

Cheers,
Rand

I'll do the change now

@hikaricore

I'll take a look when I get some tv shows or someone else can do it.

- anoobie - 2009-05-27

Update 3.3

Trigger and Auto functions now look like they should

Also updated some studio flags to be line with this thread so now studio flags should be put in Studios folder inside flags folder

- anoobie - 2009-05-27

curtis-r Wrote:What if I don't have an extrathumbs folder, which I don't? Any jpg in my movie folder shows up in the slideshow.

If you don't have extrathumbs folder then just have it displayed fanart instead of a slideshow.

- anoobie - 2009-05-27

hikaricore Wrote:Another small issue. You seem to have removed labels at the episode level in tv view.
Not sure if this was intentional or a mishap of the other changes, the labels work at series and season level however so it's a bit odd.

Fixed

- hikaricore - 2009-05-27

anoobie Wrote:Fixed

Many thanks ^_^ If I notice any other simple oddities I'll be sure to mention them.

- neurosis13 - 2009-05-27

2x big poster, is too much, maybe it would be more useful to replace the middle poster with a thumbnail slideshow.

I think something is wrong with your xml files.
I've cycled through the view options several times and not seen a double poster like in your screenie.

- neurosis13 - 2009-05-27

hikaricore Wrote:I think something is wrong with your xml files.
I've cycled through the view options several times and not seen a double poster like in your screenie.

maybe some remains of an older mod.
i will try a reinstall.
But what is displayed when there is no fanart,
nothing at all?

- Only One Haze - 2009-05-27

i believe it only shows the 2nd poster in the middle if there is no fanart for that movie

- Montellese - 2009-05-27

I get this only for the "..." entry (which I wanted to disable for a long time now but never done it).

I've got 4 questions (maybe they were already answered I only skipped through all the pages):

1. Can you link the background-image you're using in your screens? Coz it looks kinda nice.
2. Is it possible to remove the fanart and the overlay when a trailer is playing? Because it can look very odd depending on the size of the trailer etc.
3. Does the plot (overlaying the poster) ever scroll? Coz I just waited like 2 minutes on the movie "300" which has a very long plot and all I ever saw whas the first few sentences, no scrolling or something.
4. Is it possible to shorten movies with long names so they don't show over the poster and the media flags? An example is "The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford".

EDIT:

Another 2 things I've noticed:

1. The menu bar at the top is a lot darker than in all the other views. Is this because of the dark gradient to cover up possible fanarts?
2. Media Flags sometimes act very weird. I e.g. have no "bluray" in my file names but I get the BluRay icon on every movie. Furthermore I don't see any studio icons at all which work fine in Showcase view. Then I sometimes end up with a "DivX" icon although I don't have any DivX encoded movies.

neurosis13 Wrote:maybe some remains of an older mod.
i will try a reinstall.
nothing at all?

Only One Haze Wrote:i believe it only shows the 2nd poster in the middle if there is no fanart for that movie

Well there's a possibility.
I don't have a single movie without fanart. Try adding fanart and see if the issue goes away.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-05-27

neurosis13 Wrote:maybe some remains of an older mod.
i will try a reinstall.
nothing at all?

Hmm, that is a good point. I hadn't really thought about it since 99% of my movies have fanart.

@anoobie
I would set the default behavior that if fanartisempty display the full plot summary in the middle. That way there is not a huge gaping hole.

You might want to check the visibility conditions for the "press X" because I have seen it appear in tvshows view and at several other times. I think what is happening is you have it set to show if videoplayerhasmedia. That means if a movie or tvshow is playing the background and you pop out of fullscreen mode, that message will show up no matter what. What I would do is set visibilty to !ContainerContent(TvShows) | !ContainerContent(episodes) to take care of the Tv menu completely. Now, that still means that if you are watching an actual movie, the same thing will happen if you toggle fullscreen. You should also add a parameter that it is Visible ContainerContent(Movies) + Player.Duration is < 2min or something like that. Since trailers are short it would only return true in the Movie library view when the currently playing item is very short. I don't know any trailers longer than 5 min or so and there aren't any actual "Movies" shorter than say 10 or 15 min (even short films). That should cover all the possible scenarios.

Cheers,
Rand