Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS (/showthread.php?tid=50717)

- pumkinut - 2010-02-09

If you look at the input.conf you posted, you'll notice that just about every button that doesn't work by default has an "(XBMC recommendation: Key_<x>)" line. If you simply change the input.conf file to those recommendations, all your buttons will, most likely, work. It's then up to you to decide which button you want to perform a given function and then use the input.conf file and keymap.xml to set everything up.

- fostersimported - 2010-02-09

Thanks for all the help, I have it worked out now. Just one problem.

I wanted to use L1,L2,L3 for volume up down and mute.

L1,L2,L3 and R1,R2,R3 buttons on the remote return the following output

bluetoothd[1827]: Got key: 0 [1]
bluetoothd[1827]: Got key: 0 [0]

Any Ideas

- pumkinut - 2010-02-09

Have you tried them, via modifying input.conf and keymap.xml?

For example, I set my input.conf to all the XBMC recommendations and then used the following in my keymap.xml file which worked just fine:
Code:
<f1>VolumeDown</f1>
<f4>VolumeUp</f4>
<f2>SetVolume(50)</f2>
<f3>SetVolume(75)</f3>

From the above, f1 (L1 on the remote) is Volume Down, f4 (R1 on the remote) is Volume Up, f2 (L2 on the remote) sets volume to 50%, and f3 (L3 on the remote) sets the volume at 75% maximum.

Give it a try and see if it works.

- fostersimported - 2010-02-09

Ok I have go things to work but the L1,L2,L3 R1,R2,R3 and START button on the remote return 'got key 0' for example, I have pushed the buttons on the remote in the following order whilst monitoring the response with 'sudo bluetoothd -nd'

I have added the corisponding key presses next to the relivent responses

bluetoothd[1660]: [00:24:33:93:E8:43] Using timeout of 90 seconds
bluetoothd[1660]: Creating timeout
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 28 [1] :Enter
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 28 [0]
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 172 [1] TongueS
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 172 [0]
bluetoothd[1660]: homepage key released
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :L1
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [0]
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :L2
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :L3
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 110 [1] :Select
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 110 [0]
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :Start
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :R1
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :R2
bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0 [1] :R3

As you can see the 'Got Key:' Shows '0' on the above buttons and that is why I have been unable to map them.

All the other buttons on the remote return a value other than '0' all the other buttons also return an Debug result in the xbmc.log file.

So to summerise:

I can map the remote butons as I wish by using input.conf and keymap.xml.

I can see a response from all the buttons with 'bluetoothd -nd'

I can see a response from all the buttons apart from L1,L2,L3,Start,R1,R2,R3 in the xbmc.log

I presume that because bluetooth -nd returns 'bluetoothd[1660]: Got key: 0' on all of the non 'functioning buttons' that it is not sending the presses to xbmc. Therefore I can not map them

Any Ideas as Im Stuck Confused

- pumkinut - 2010-02-09

If you're getting response, disregard what the CLI is telling you, you can map them in input.conf. The correct hex designation for the buttons is in the default input.conf file. Are the buttons not following your mappings in keymap.xml, have you tried mapping them, is XBMC responding to your mapping?

Please stop posting the results of bluetooth -nd and just try mapping them via keymap.xml. If they don't work then post back.

- fostersimported - 2010-02-10

Well thanks for the help, I have fixed it now. The problem was me with the input.conf. DOH.

Well once again Thanks

- kitlaan - 2010-02-10

Whoops. Forgot to check the forum for a while...

TREX6662k5 Wrote:I'd like to try this out at one point but why use python scripts to pair when you can use hidd --connect <mac>?

hidd has been deprecated by bluez. You can still use it, but it'll probably go away at some point in the future.

Glad you all were able to figure out the input.conf / keymap.xml mess without me. (Thanks pumkinut!)

@Asure: There may be a way to get it to work; it's hard to say. I can try to modify the source to try the device. I'll need the class ID, device ID, product ID of the device. (Look in previous posts to find out how to get it.) I'll then build a custom package for you. (If you're building the source yourself, add it to the fake_hid_table in fakehid.c)

- nanny07 - 2010-04-02

sorry for the up but I can't figure out my problem

I can't remap my ps3 remote button...
I don't understand whre to put my .xml file

.xbmc/userdata/Keymap.xml
or
.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/Keymap.xml
or
.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml

really I didn't do it :|

This took me AGES to figure out.... - limeysod - 2010-04-04

So the answer for me to getting my Blu-Link remote (PS3 BD Remote functionality + IR) paired was to pair using blueman and to work across reboots, it was apparently very important to set my Broadcom Bluetooth dongle 'Link Mode' to MASTER.

This means that the remote could initiate 'connect' and the dongle would accept. I also made the Bluetooth dongle 'always discoverable'.

I hope this helps someone else!!

Rgds,

Simon

P.S. A lot of assumptions there, based on the volumes of documentation about Bluetooth connectivity on Linux (kidding).

- XBL. - 2010-04-15

Hello,

I've been trying to setup my PS3 remote with XBMC as well, but apparently it's not as easy as the how-to's suggest.

I'm running XBMCLive (9.11) and try to set the thing up with the guide on the wiki, but also tried to get it to work with a script mentioned somewhere here in the forums (clean install and then run some python scripts from a 'bash gui'). Unfortunately I somehow cannot get it to work. Been reading almost all of this topic, but no help Sad.

After fiddling around with packages I get up to the point where it should be listed in /proc/bus/input/device (which it doesn't). It does appear in /usr/share/doc/bluez/examples/list-device, so I assume the pairing went fine (which is also suggested by the logs of bluetoothd.

Is there a definitive how-to for XBMCLive users? Or is there more information on how to debug this?

I tried using the suggested blueman package, which simply wouldn't run (giving errors saying that there's already an agent running). Frankly I don't want to run a full desktop environment to get a remote working.

- flxfxp - 2010-05-01

Can anyone tell me for the love of god how to manually remove a device? I'm getting tired of my own ps3_pair bluetooth script...

- Blairboy - 2010-05-02

Anybody got kitlaan's patched packages that work on ubuntu 10.04?

- TREX6662k5 - 2010-05-02

The patches are included in bluez now. No patching is required.
This is stated in the wiki.

Its too easy now. I've finally dumped lirc and bdremoted since upgrading to 10.04.

troubles with Lucid Lynx - hotdogger - 2010-05-02

Hi everyone, I'm a long time user of xbmc and have never had any problems that weren't caused by my own stupidity.

That being said, I have recently updated my xbmc box and installed Ubuntu Lucid. I have bluez 4.63 installed and using the ps3pair script my remote is paired. The Remote connects via any button press, and the center buttons as well as return and eject are working, but the remote will not disconnect on timeout, and I cannot get any other buttons to work.

Initially I had simply reused my old input.conf file from Ubuntu Karmic, and I have tried using the example from the Wiki. Neither of these give me any success, does any one have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong, or what I should be doing to troubleshoot?

- TREX6662k5 - 2010-05-02

Yeah, the remote doesn't time out here either but all my buttons work. You may have changed your keymapping in xbmc?