Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- garyi - 2010-01-02

THanks for the update dink. Although I now get a choice for higher bit rate the picture is actually appallingly bad, it looks like an iphone stream blown up to my big TV.

Just FYI te last version of iplayer runs flawlessly on my ATV upstairs. Its on my mini with snow leopard that the issues exist

- dgilbert2 - 2010-01-02

garyi Wrote:Just FYI the last version of iplayer runs flawlessly on my ATV upstairs. Its on my mini with snow leopard that the issues exist

On the ATV can you get BBC HD sound in sync with the picture?

- garyi - 2010-01-02

Its fine for me. But I am outputting analogue perhaps you are outputting differently?

- dgilbert2 - 2010-01-02

garyi Wrote:Its fine for me. But I am outputting analogue perhaps you are outputting differently?

I'm using an HDMI connection. I take it your using the component output?

- garyi - 2010-01-02

Yup.

- dgilbert2 - 2010-01-02

Well, I tried Component to see if this fixed it for me, but not joy. The sound sync issue is just as bad.

It does look to be a xbmc issue though rather than iplayer as its the same on other HD streams through xbmc, eg Youtube.

- Hitcher - 2010-01-03

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if this was separated into Video and Music plugins for TV and Radio respectively, that way they could be used in the proper places.

- dink - 2010-01-03

Hitcher Wrote:Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if this was separated into Video and Music plugins for TV and Radio respectively, that way they could be used in the proper places.

Try this. Edit userdata/sources.xml and add the following under the music section

Code:
<source>
            <name>IPlayer Radio</name>
            <path pathversion="1">plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=radio</path>
        </source>
Cheers
Dink

- ant_thomas - 2010-01-03

I've recently done a fresh install of XBMC using the XBMCbuntu guide. I'm using XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Compiled Dec 24th 2009) and the Confluence skin. Before this I was using 9.04 I think on an xubuntu install.

IPlayer was working mostly fine previously but with this fresh install no matter what I try and watch it just hangs at

"Loading catchup stream info"

and gets no further. I've tried changing the stream from Auto to all of the bitrates available and it just does the same.

Any idea why this is happening?

- Hitcher - 2010-01-03

dink Wrote:Try this. Edit userdata/sources.xml and add the following under the music section

Code:
<source>
            <name>IPlayer Radio</name>
            <path pathversion="1">plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=radio</path>
        </source>
Cheers
Dink
Perfect, thanks.

- dc2447 - 2010-01-03

@dink - further to the bitrate discussion, do you think there is anyway to have in the bitrare on the OSD, specifically next to the codec information when watching a stream?

- dink - 2010-01-04

dc2447 Wrote:@dink - further to the bitrate discussion, do you think there is anyway to have in the bitrare on the OSD, specifically next to the codec information when watching a stream?

I was thinking about putting the stream info into the OSD plot info (it's one of the few items a plugin can update) but the default skin Confluence doesn't yet support OSD Plot Sad Once it does I will look into doing this.

Cheers
Dink

- dink - 2010-01-04

It seems to be a problem with the Linux builds of XBMC in the past little while. I don't know the root cause Sad . If you wait long enough - It can take minute or two for the stream should to start. If it still doesn't send me the log.

Cheers
Dink

ant_thomas Wrote:I've recently done a fresh install of XBMC using the XBMCbuntu guide. I'm using XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Compiled Dec 24th 2009) and the Confluence skin. Before this I was using 9.04 I think on an xubuntu install.

IPlayer was working mostly fine previously but with this fresh install no matter what I try and watch it just hangs at

"Loading catchup stream info"

and gets no further. I've tried changing the stream from Auto to all of the bitrates available and it just does the same.

Any idea why this is happening?

- MarkTaunton - 2010-01-04

May I just say thank you to Dink, as I presume you was the guy that wrote this.

Apart from the live tv, I have had no problems with this. The quality of picture was better than the actual BBC website.

I used this plug in to watch Doctor Who christmas specials and was only the Xperience skin that let it down, so I had to change skins to view but apart from that it works a treat.

- ant_thomas - 2010-01-04

dink Wrote:It seems to be a problem with the Linux builds of XBMC in the past little while. I don't know the root cause Sad . If you wait long enough - It can take minute or two for the stream should to start. If it still doesn't send me the log.

Cheers
Dink

Thanks for the reply dink. I've just left it for about 10 mins (tried to play at 23:19) and it's doing nothing, though there does seem to have been a few changes in the xbmc.log files along that time.

Log is here