Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- Hitcher - 2010-06-30

Look forward to messing around with it tomorrow, thanks.

- mymymy - 2010-07-01

@Hitcher

if you manage to get it working could you be so kind as to provide us with your addon.xml? Or maybe some outline of the steps required?

Thanks

- R_N_B - 2010-07-01

mymymy Wrote:@Hitcher

if you manage to get it working could you be so kind as to provide us with your addon.xml? Or maybe some outline of the steps required?

Thanks

I too would be rather keen to know how you did it. Sadly my abilities are still in their infancy but I am willing to keep trying in the hope that an old dog can learn a new trick or two.

- spicemuseum - 2010-07-01

deskjockey Wrote:What have you done to make it work? I've tried to replace the old version with the one for Xbox/Linux, but can't make it work.

Have I completely missed an update for the Windows version?
Ah right. There's nothing wrong with the plugin, the problem is the (old fashioned) rtmp implementation in the Windoze XBMC build. It's been fixed for a while on XB0X and Linux XBMC builds, and will soon be fixed for XBMC windoze builds.

- spiff - 2010-07-01

actually it's already fixed.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-01

mymymy Wrote:@Hitcher

Thanks

R_N_B Wrote:I too would be rather keen to know how you did it. Sadly my abilities are still in their infancy but I am willing to keep trying in the hope that an old dog can learn a new trick or two.

Well I got the addon.xml working so XBMC recognised it but unfortunately I kept getting Script Error so it looks like the default.py needs updating to run as an addon and that's beyond me folks, sorry.

- snozski - 2010-07-01

Sad Thanks for trying hitcher, hopefully someone will fix it soon enough.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-01

I'm sure they will now librtmp is supported in Windows.

- kangaroomadman - 2010-07-01

Anyone know the status of librtmp on OSX builds?

- spiff - 2010-07-01

working perfectly fine.

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-01

can anyone please tell me if this can be installed as an add-on as per the latest svn?

- spiff - 2010-07-01

no, and it won't be hosted on xbmc.org. if some enterprising peeps setup a repo for naughties like these, we'd gladly host the repository add-on for it though.

- chunk1982 - 2010-07-01

well i dont script in any way shape or form but this tells me that in the script it will point to a folder ie video plugins and being as it now runs on add-ons this in my eyes explains it, as for fixing it either rewrite the script or chill out and wait for everything to settle down and get updated
the people involved with xbmc DONT GET PAID FOR DOING THIS CRAP!!!!! and people need to realise this and chill out bugging them about trivia shit
if you got the skills rewrite the script them post it on the forum enough people will thank you for it but being as your asking i take it you dont

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-01

chunk1982 Wrote:well i dont script in any way shape or form but this tells me that in the script it will point to a folder ie video plugins and being as it now runs on add-ons this in my eyes explains it, as for fixing it either rewrite the script or chill out and wait for everything to settle down and get updated
the people involved with xbmc DONT GET PAID FOR DOING THIS CRAP!!!!! and people need to realise this and chill out bugging them about trivia shit
if you got the skills rewrite the script them post it on the forum enough people will thank you for it but being as your asking i take it you dont

Firstly apologies to all, missed Hitchers previous question, last looked here 2 days ago, logged on tonight and posted the question.

@Chunk1982: Was that aimed at me?

@Hitcher, can you please share your addon.xml so as to give me a headstart.

TIA

J

- Hitcher - 2010-07-01

bionicmunky Wrote:@Hitcher, can you please share your addon.xml so as to give me a headstart.

Sure, here you go -

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.iplayer"
       name="iPlayer"
       version="1.0.0"
       provider-name="Dink,BuZz">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
            library="default.py">
        <provides>video</provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <platform>all</platform>
        <summary>iPlayer</summary>
        <description>This XBMC plugin enables (UK only) the playing of TV and Radio catchup content from the BBC IPlayer website. Live radio and TV feeds are also supported. </description>
    </extension>
</addon> 

Rename the 'iPlayer' folder 'plugin.video.iplayer' and stick it in the addons folder in your USERDATA folder.

I kept getting this error -

Code:
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 1094, in ?
                                                if xbmcplugin.getSetting('progcount') == 'false':  progcount = False
                                            TypeError: function takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)