Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-04

may the source be with you ;-)

- exobuzz - 2010-07-04

I am happy to take any patches for addons compatibility via the google site. I would want to also keep backward plugin compatibility, which should be possible by checking platform, and revision. It would already be addons compatible cept for the fact that I have quite a lot on my plate (not only food ;-) ) so have not built the latest xbmc yet. I'm sure in a week or so I will have the code updated.

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-04

exobuzz Wrote:I am happy to take any patches for addons compatibility via the google site. I would want to also keep backward plugin compatibility, which should be possible by checking platform, and revision. It would already be addons compatible cept for the fact that I have quite a lot on my plate (not only food ;-) ) so have not built the latest xbmc yet. I'm sure in a week or so I will have the code updated.

Hey mate,

Not intending to step on your toes, i'm not a coder rather a meddler (at best).

Just sharing my stop-gap solution until the new version is out.

Thank you for an awesome plugin.

- THISWEB - 2010-07-05

Help please - a newbie - does the new Iplayer work on Windows or not? How do I download an SVN XBMC to use on windows (if that will work)? Is any 10.05 windows version available? Googling seems to link to lots of SVN stuff except how to use it? It would be much appreciated by m,e and others if someone could write a step by step guide to installing the iplayer plugin on windows. I gather it uses the new addon feature?

- mymymy - 2010-07-05

THISWEB, I too would like to know the answer to this, but I might be able to provide at least some help.

you can get a recent windows nightly build from mirrors.xbmc.org, Which I believe should include the librmtp support. You can use the addon.xml which hitcher posted a couple of pages back to get xbmc to at least recognize the plugin (I copied the iplayer plugin code from the google code site to %installdir%\addons\ folder and renamed it as suggested by hitcher in his post.) It didn't work due to the issues outlined over the last couple of pages with the number of parameters, and I've not had a chance to look at that yet, but I'm going to try tonight and see where I get.

whether this is all in vain on a windows machine remains to be discovered...

UPDATE:

So I got a bit of time to try out the zip that bionicmunky posted, and hurrah! it worked straight off the bat! I just extracted the video.plugin.iplayer directory into the program files\xbmc\addons\ directory and fired xbmc up and it all seemed to work. I only tested watch again stuff, not live tv and not radio and only for a minute or so. I couldn't get into the settings though, that gave me a script error.

hope this helps, and thanks to dink for the plugin and bionicmunky for the update and to Hitcher addon.xml. Happy days!

I'm using Win7 x64 and a recent nightly from a day or 2 ago.

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-05

mymymy Wrote:THISWEB, I too would like to know the answer to this, but I might be able to provide at least some help.

you can get a recent windows nightly build from mirrors.xbmc.org, Which I believe should include the librmtp support. You can use the addon.xml which bionic monkey posted a couple of pages back to get xbmc to at least recognize the plugin (I copied the iplayer plugin code from the google code site to %installdir%\addons\ folder and renamed it as suggested by bionicmonkey in his post.) It didn't work due to the issues outlined over the last couple of pages with the number of parameters, and I've not had a chance to look at that yet, but I'm going to try tonight and see where I get.

UPDATE:

So I got a bit of time to try out the zip that bionicmonkey posted, and hurrah! it worked straight off the bat! I just extracted the video.plugin.iplayer directory into the program files\xbmc\addons\ directory and firec xbmc up and it all seemed to work. I only tested watch again stuff, not live tv and not radio and only for a minute or so. I couldn't get into the setting though, that gave me a script error.

hope this helps, and thanks to dink for the plugin and bionicmonkey for the update and addon.xml. Happy days!

Thanks to Hitcher for the addon.xml

- R_N_B - 2010-07-05

Yip worked for me - downloaded zip that bionicmunky posted.

Downloaded the latest SVN.
Installed over my old version of XBMCOo
Downloaded zip that bionicmunky posted, extracted and,
Pasted the into my addons folder. C:\program files\xbmc\addons\
Looked in movies and after a bit of a search found the iPlayer and worked a treat.

Thanks to Hitcher, bionicmunky and to all who have been involved with this addon.

One very n00b type question now. Besides setting as favourite how to have easy access to iplayer please. If it has been answered before please forgive me but I have searched and read quite a number of the pages on this thread as well as many others to no avail.

- THISWEB - 2010-07-05

mymymy Wrote:THISWEB, I too would like to know the answer to this, but I might be able to provide at least some help.

you can get a recent windows nightly build from mirrors.xbmc.org, Which I believe should include the librmtp support. You can use the addon.xml which hitcher posted a couple of pages back to get xbmc to at least recognize the plugin (I copied the iplayer plugin code from the google code site to %installdir%\addons\ folder and renamed it as suggested by hitcher in his post.) It didn't work due to the issues outlined over the last couple of pages with the number of parameters, and I've not had a chance to look at that yet, but I'm going to try tonight and see where I get.

UPDATE:

So I got a bit of time to try out the zip that bionicmunky posted, and hurrah! it worked straight off the bat! I just extracted the video.plugin.iplayer directory into the program files\xbmc\addons\ directory and fired xbmc up and it all seemed to work. I only tested watch again stuff, not live tv and not radio and only for a minute or so. I couldn't get into the settings though, that gave me a script error.

hope this helps, and thanks to dink for the plugin and bionicmunky for the update and to Hitcher addon.xml. Happy days!

Thanks I got this far but unfortunately it cuts out after a few minutes, same problem as old plugin. I downloaded the nightly build, trunk exe. Also couldn't get the settings to work.

- exobuzz - 2010-07-06

bionicmunky Wrote:Just sharing my stop-gap solution until the new version is out.

Thank you for an awesome plugin.

no problem at all. carry on. Sorry if my message read as something negative, I was just clarifying where I am currently. Cheers!

- mymymy - 2010-07-06

I get this error when I try and go into settings:

17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO IPlayer: version: 2010-07-01
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: .
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO IPlayer: Subtitles dir: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\IPlayer\Subtitles
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::GetSetting called with an invalid handle.
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO (None, None, None, 'Settings', None, None, None, None, None, None)
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: .
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 1123, in ?
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: sys.modules["__main__"].__settings__.openSettings()
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__settings__'

in case that helps anyone...

- THISWEB - 2010-07-06

mymymy Wrote:I get this error when I try and go into settings:

17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO IPlayer: version: 2010-07-01
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO IPlayer: Subtitles dir: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\IPlayer\Subtitles
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::GetSetting called with an invalid handle.
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2303242240 NOTICE: iplayer2.py: INFO (None, None, None, 'Settings', None, None, None, None, None, None)
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: .
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 1123, in ?
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: sys.modules["__main__"].__settings__.openSettings()
17:22:33 T:3884 M:2329010176 NOTICE: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__settings__'

in case that helps anyone...

mymymy, have you been able to get iplayer working for longer than a couple of minutes? Not sure if fixing settings will help if that doesn't work? Perhaps I have done something wrong. Can anyone confirm if the windows nightly builds have the rmtp thingy built in yet

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-06

OpenSettings dosn't work anymore, hence not being able to open settings within the plugin itself

You can set settings in 'System -> Addons -> Video Sources -> iplayer' however.

For me, playback of both live and catchup tv works fine.

- THISWEB - 2010-07-06

bionicmunky Wrote:OpenSettings dosn't work anymore, hence not being able to open settings within the plugin itself

You can set settings in 'System -> Addons -> Video Sources -> iplayer' however.

For me, playback of both live and catchup tv works fine.

Thanks Bionicmunky, have you tried this on windows or linux? I know it works with the SVN version on linux/Ubuntu.

- bionicmunky - 2010-07-06

THISWEB Wrote:Thanks Bionicmunky, have you tried this on windows or linux? I know it works with the SVN version on linux/Ubuntu.

I've only tested on my Ubuntu64 build - all I have I'm afraid, Bill isn't allowed in my house ;-)

- exobuzz - 2010-07-07

I have committed some changes to svn @ http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/source/checkout which should make it work on the current addons system as well as xbmc4xbox. Before I package it and release it as a zip, could any of you perhaps try it out and let me know if it works for you. Thanks to bionicmunky for the addons.xml which saved me some time.