Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-21

It won't work on Dharma. It's a plugin of the type used in older versions of XBMC and it would need to be rewritten as an addon.

JR

- Indyvidual - 2010-10-21

ah ok makes sense. I was worried i messed up somewhere. Thanks

- rudeboyx - 2010-11-01

Any update on the dharma release DJGirbil? its been quite some time since your last update about it nearly being ready.Wink

- dj_gerbil - 2010-11-01

Sorry, been really busy on other stuff. Eddieboy sent me some stuff that I hoped I could just release, but for some reason I can't get it to run on my test pc. Also I've been reading some rules that the XBMC guys have put in place for the GIT repo's concerning file types. The problem is they don't like pyo's and one of the librarys is in that format. While the library isn't used any more, I can't just delete it as it breaks the plugin. I hope to get some work done this week and then I'll be back on track for release. Sorry for the delay guys Sad

- Targettio - 2010-11-02

dj_gerbil Wrote:Sorry for the delay guys Sad

No problem, keep up the good work Laugh

- extrospection - 2010-11-10

dj_gerbil Wrote:I hope to get some work done this week and then I'll be back on track for release. Sorry for the delay guys Sad

Keep up the good work! Please try to get it into the repositories when the next verison is available? ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Official_Addons_Repository ) - it'd be more useful than getting zip files off rapidshare (which seems to be par for the course for many XBMC plugins still, unfortunately...)

- dj_gerbil - 2010-11-18

I've managed with some help from eddibabe to create a plugin compatible with Dharma. Now it's not perfect, and I will be doing a few revisions over the next few days/weeks but it works. You need to download the zip from the plugin page and then use the install from zip option on XBMC and it still seems that you need to manually create the TVC_cache folder in addon_data/plugin.video.tvcatchup but it does work. Give it a try and let me know of any bugs.

Edit: Just to add you'll need to enable the "New RTMPlib Support" in the settings. The only other settings you need are your user name and password and to choose if you want the "What's on" display enabled or not. The other 2 settings are old ones I haven't got round to removing yet.

- rudeboyx - 2010-11-18

This is great to hear. I'll try it out tonight and start reporting any bugs i come across. Thanks for all the work on this Gerbil. its like an early Christmas present.

RBX

Bugs and some fixes - yoshac - 2010-11-19

Thanks for the great work so far.

Here are some bug reports running xbmc-r35068-Dharma_beta4-x86.dmg with your plugin.video.tvcatchup128.zip

Bug#1 - crash on startup before registering
File "/Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.tvcatchup/lib/TVClibs2.py", line 25, in O000oo0O
ii [ 13 ] . openSettings ( ii [ 4 ] . argv [ 0 ] )
TypeError: openSettings() takes no arguments (1 given)

Fix/workaround is to change line 25 of TVClibs2.py to be:
ii [ 13 ] . openSettings ( )

Bug#2 - crash when downloading channel list
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.tvcatchup/TVC_cache/1enabled.png')

Fix is to mkdir ..../plugin.video.tvcatchup/TVC_cache

Bug#3 - crash when selecting a channel from the list when "what's on now" is disabled
22:52:54 T:2956693504 M:2115534848 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.tvcatchup/default.py", line 128, in ?
I1 . oOo0oO ( )
File "/Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.tvcatchup/lib/TVClibs2.py", line 288, in oOo0oO IiI1 ( oOOoo00O0O , i1111 )
File "/Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.tvcatchup/lib/TVClibs2.py", line 81, in IiI1 i1Oo00 = Oo0O00Oo0o0 [ 0 ] . replace ( "\\/" , "/" ) + "/" + O00O0oOO00O00 [ 0 ]
IndexError: list index out of range

Fix: Not sure - the code is so obfuscated with the OOoo00 crap that I can't really follow what the variables are supposed to represent... but clearly there are some array bounds issues on the Oo0O00Oo0o0 and O00O0oOO00O00 strings. Any chance of a non-obfuscated version? yoshac at hotmail dot com

thanks.

- chunk1982 - 2010-11-19

many many thanks for this however it just keeps failing on start up (tried yoshac bugfix 1, no work for me)

hope this helps

log

http://pastebin.com/viyEQcL2

- rudeboyx - 2010-11-19

I tried this last night and had no problems what so ever. just make sure you follow gerbils instructions.

ie (yoshac) bug 2, he clearly tells you to create that folder

And make sure your enabling RTMPlib Support in the settings, and of course you need an account on the TVCatchup website.

Great Work gerbil. I'm very impressed with the channel switching speed. never seen this plugin work as well as it does now. mind you, I only every used it on the xbox before.

RBX

- dj_gerbil - 2010-11-19

chunk1982 Wrote:many many thanks for this however it just keeps failing on start up (tried yoshac bugfix 1, no work for me)

hope this helps

log

http://pastebin.com/viyEQcL2

Chunk1982 if you create the folder yourself like it says in my instructions that should fix your problem.

Yoshac, what platform are you working on? I'll remove the open settings bit later and try to get an update out. As for the failing on having the "What's on" disabled, I suspect its got something to do with the stream info. Again, I'll have a look later as I think its a fairly easy fix.

- d3ll - 2010-11-19

Thanks for the Dhamra release, had a play last night (with & without "Whats On") and it works really well Smile

- danz0l - 2010-11-19

wow works perfectly. You know what would be amazing for this plugin ? A tv listing and maybe later a way to record them at certain times. Imagine thart, that would be amazing.

- Targettio - 2010-11-19

dj_gerbil Wrote:I've managed with some help from eddibabe to create a plugin compatible with Dharma. Now it's not perfect, and I will be doing a few revisions over the next few days/weeks but it works. You need to download the zip from the plugin page and then use the install from zip option on XBMC and it still seems that you need to manually create the TVC_cache folder in addon_data/plugin.video.tvcatchup but it does work. Give it a try and let me know of any bugs.

Edit: Just to add you'll need to enable the "New RTMPlib Support" in the settings. The only other settings you need are your user name and password and to choose if you want the "What's on" display enabled or not. The other 2 settings are old ones I haven't got round to removing yet.

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

I will be trying this out as soon as I get home. This is a god send for people who are in crappy freeview areas and don't get half the channels (i.e. ME).

FILM4... Finally!