Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project (/showthread.php?tid=51596)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- ngok - 2009-11-13

I love this program,great job,nearly perfect!
If the play list will display the song title instead of file name,it will be a great help to some cue sheet + disk image user.

- ngok - 2009-11-13

I did some research in the web api and found that there are no direct function to get the playlist song title,it only returns filenames,for a cue+image album,the filename is all the same,you can't get song title from file name,sad.

- ngok - 2009-11-19

I see the stock web interface can display the song titles right,it uses some server side codes like below.
Code:
<%
xbmcCommand("navigate", "Musicplaylist");
n = xbmcCommand("catalog","items");
file = xbmcCommand("catalog","first");
for (z=0; z<n; z=z+1){
  write(file+"\n");
  file = xbmcCommand("catalog","next");
}
%>
Hope this helps.

- Kabooga - 2009-11-19

Thanks ngok. I'll look at your suggestion.

I'll try to get your suggestion into this weekends release.

Kabooga.

- ngok - 2009-11-20

Great to know there will be a update.
I am looking forward to test it.

- ngok - 2009-11-21

Another problem,if I push the stop botton,everything stops,including all the control botton and the clear playlist botton,I have to refresh the page to make everything work again.
I'm now using the pause botton to stop music,but sometimes I just pushed the wrong one.

- digitaldesaster - 2009-11-22

Thanks for this, but it does not play any files.. The original XMC-Webinterfaces works. Tried Opera, Firefox and IE. Perhaps i have the wrong XBMC-version..

Here is the debug....

DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetDirectory paras: GetDirectory; Y:\Musik\Amy Winehouse\Back To Black (2006)\02. Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good.mp3
14:19:52 T:4544 M:3249868800 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Y:\Musik\Amy Winehouse\Back To Black (2006)\02. Amy Winehouse - You Know I'm No Good.mp3

regards
dd

- Kabooga - 2009-11-23

ngok,

Good catch on the stop button. I'll investigate. Once it is fixed I'll release a new version.

Thanks.

- affenkopp - 2009-11-24

i was a little bit nagged to reload the complete application just to reload the playlist so here is a patch to do it via ajax:
Code:
--- Default.asp 2009-10-03 20:15:48.000000000 +0200                
+++ Default_with_reload_button.asp      2009-11-24 01:00:13.284756345 +0100        
@@ -217,6 +217,13 @@
         });
         navButtonClearPlaylist.addListener('click', buttonClearPlayList);

+        var navButtonReloadPlaylist = new Ext.Button({
+            //renderTo: 'playlistArea',
+            scale: 'medium',
+            text: 'Reload Playlist'
+        });
+        navButtonReloadPlaylist.addListener('click', updatePlaylistTree);
+
         var playlistTree = new Ext.tree.TreePanel({
             //el: 'playlistArea',
             animate: true,
@@ -344,7 +351,7 @@
                         collapsible: true,
                         title: 'Playlist',
                         //contentEl: 'playlistArea',
-                        items: [navButtonClearPlaylist, playlistTree],
+                        items: [navButtonClearPlaylist, navButtonReloadPlaylist, playlistTree],
                         autoScroll: true
                     }, {
                         region: 'west',
sorry my extjs is not that good. if you are so kind you could align the "reload playlist" button next to the "clear playlist" button Wink

- Kabooga - 2009-11-24

affenkopp,

Thanks for the input. I'll integrate this into the release that is coming very soon.

Thanks.

- Kabooga - 2009-11-24

New version has been put in the google code project. v1.30
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol-web/

Many changes have been made to this version.
1) Works with extremely large music databases.
2) Album covers work consistently.
3) Division of music and video libraries (video library support is still in progress).
4) Suggestions, bugs reports, and input from ngok and affenkopp have been integrated. Thanks alot guys.
5) Interface is much more reliable and smoother (except in cases where there are gigantic numbers involved in the database, like 12K+ artists).
6) Can remove songs from playlist (hit the red 'X')
7) Playlist will show song name (not file name) for selections from music library. Selections from shares tree will continue to use file names. This should ease the Playlist readability.

Many other small improvements. The video portion will be along presently.

Enjoy,

- ngok - 2009-11-24

I tried the version 1.3 and encountered several problems.
1.I don't have a "All" option in the artist section.
2.drag an album to playlist wouldn't add any songs,but drag a artist do.
3.the media list section doesn't show things right,it shows file path at the title part,file name at the time part...etc.and drag a item from media list to playlist wouldn't add it too.

I have some songs with special charecters like "/" or "&" in the title,it may be the reason.

- rudeboyx - 2009-11-24

my compliments Kabooga.

its working perfectly for me. finally album art working in M$ iexplorer and everything loads up alot quicker. where as before half the bits didnt even load.

keep up the amazing work. cant wait for video support. Some kind of interface visualisations would be cool. dont know if its possible using the web ui though.

- ngok - 2009-11-24

I found the cause of problem 2 and 3,it is the browser,I was using firefox to test it.
After I read rudeboyx's post,I tried ie,it works great in ie.
I then tried chrome,it breaks in chrome either.
Version 1.25 have no problem working in both firefox and chrome.
I notice even in ie,if artist's name have a "/" in it,the album will not show,same thing happens if artist name is in chinese or japanese charecter.
this used to be ok for version 1.25.

- rudeboyx - 2009-11-24

iv just noticed that my first genre catagory is not displayed

this is what i get

All
Funk
Hip Hop
Pop
Reggae
Rock

the genre "Dance" should be displayed at the top, just under "All", but its not picking it up for some reason. Can anyone else varify?