Kodi Community Forum
"ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused' - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: "ClearArt" concept - overlay type artwork for ex. 'episode poster/fanart on paused' (/showthread.php?tid=51705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- reaven - 2009-06-06

Quote:But there will still remain a really big issue...
It will work only in english, that's precisly why we need it to be implemented in xbmc.
I dont get it, if your xbmc is in french it will scrape the show title in french and it will look for the french clearArt image, right ?

Quote:Lol, TURK seats on void
what if you put the title there ?

- reaven - 2009-06-06

are you going to fix scrubs, so I can upload it like that ?

- hikaricore - 2009-06-06

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-06

reaven Wrote:are you going to fix scrubs, so I can upload it like that ?

Yeah if you want I'll do that, working on two more atm so I'll upload them all in a while.

- reaven - 2009-06-06

Quote:Yeah if you want I'll do that, working on two more atm so I'll upload them all in a while.
ok I will wait then..

Quote:hikaricore: Breaking Bad
thats nice but theres a lot of better pictures than the one you use, because of the cut on the side and top.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seriesfanart&id=81189

It works for me so I really don't care.
If you don't wanna list it that's fine. But others may be fine with it.

- reaven - 2009-06-06

hikaricore Wrote:It works for me so I really don't care.
If you don't wanna list it that's fine. But others may be fine with it.

:confused2: ok, it was just a suggestion.

Thanks for the attitude

Sorry bad day. :p

- reaven - 2009-06-06

hikaricore Wrote:Sorry bad day. :p

lol, thats ok !!Wink

watch a comedy with a few beers !

- Imaginos - 2009-06-07

reaven Wrote:I dont get it, if your xbmc is in french it will scrape the show title in french and it will look for the french clearArt image, right ?

what if you put the title there ?

Well the problem is that cleararts will have to be named differently, depending on you language.
So people will have to rename some files... and you know that if this asks some work to users... it will be hard to have them use it... human is so lazy !

So we are at the same point we must convince :
  • XBMC team to implement this
  • thetvdb to add this option
  • devloppers who work on softs like MIP to add this option, so the clearart can be stored automaticaly in the tvshow folder, like the fanart and the seasons thumbnails...

Or I'm afraid what we make is destined to be forgotten...

- DuMbGuM - 2009-06-07

Alrighty ! Here we go.

The Closer:

Father Ted :p:

The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien:

and finally, drumroll... Turk sitting.. on something !

Shocked

- hikaricore - 2009-06-07

Still not the best image but looks better in the corner of the screen. :p

- mcborzu - 2009-06-07

I agree with what your saying Imaginos I dont mind getting the photoshop work done thats the hard part, after that its a simple mod...copy your cleararts folder and dialog.xml and your done. Where I'll run into trouble is if and when the dialog.xml code changes as long as thats the same or others keep it up I'm good to go.

Heres some more:

- reaven - 2009-06-07

Quote:and finally, drumroll... Turk sitting.. on something !
hahahahaha, looks cool ! I like it.

Quote:looks better in the corner of the screen.
Definitely

- reaven - 2009-06-07

Imaginos Wrote:Well the problem is that cleararts will have to be named differently, depending on you language.
So people will have to rename some files... and you know that if this asks some work to users... it will be hard to have them use it... human is so lazy !

So we are at the same point we must convince :
  • XBMC team to implement this
  • thetvdb to add this option
  • devloppers who work on softs like MIP to add this option, so the clearart can be stored automaticaly in the tvshow folder, like the fanart and the seasons thumbnails...

Or I'm afraid what we make is destined to be forgotten...

Ohh I get it, because all the images right know are named in english you would have to rename them all if you want French support.

to be forgotten...? yeah maybe; theres always the next best thing around the corner.