Kodi Community Forum
Option to autoplay Music-playlist at startup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Option to autoplay Music-playlist at startup (/showthread.php?tid=518)

Pages: 1 2

- mongoose - 2003-11-27

hi, please help me, add function for execute on power on autoload playlist and start reproduction for the clip in hdd, y pay for this work

thanks

- jcee - 2004-02-09

is it possible to start playing of (e.g.) mp3 immediatly and automatically upon boot?!

maybe as a kind of resume.. where playback continues at the point i shutdown the xbox previously.

thanks in advance.

- mknight - 2004-02-10

i love this idea, this would be very handy!

one day i would like to put an xbox in my car. conceivably the xbox could (when turned on from the ignition key) load xbmc as its dash and with the “auto resume” turned on it would find the last mp3 it was playing and start playing it again from roughly where it left off just like a regular car stereo does.

i guess xbmc would have to be writing to the drive what song it is in, what time in that song, and store the current menu settings at some interval, but it couldn't do it every second, so the resume would be approximate. it would also have to be fault tolerant too since it is highly likely the car (and the xbox) might be turned off at point even when writing the resume file. so it would need to know how to cope with potential loss of the resume file it is writing to.

- jcee - 2004-02-10

that is exactly what i am thinking about!

maybe it could write to two files.. switching between them...
so at least one files is not corrupt..

- mosax - 2004-02-12

maybe not what you want entierly, but probably easiest to have xbmc save info on file and position in playing file (movie or music file) at a regular menu shutdown.

would actually be useful to have some 'resume' button or sort on the start menu to right away resume the last playing media (movie, music or picture).

hmm...might make the start menu a bit too cluttered. maybe if you hold down some button during start-up of xbmc the last playing media file would automatically start?

and while we're on it, how about in each section (movies, music and pictures) there is a first choice to play the latest playing file of that type, like:

================
<matrix revolutions>
xbox harddisc
smb
dvd
================

, where <matrix revolutions> was the last movie you played.

the movie or music file would of cause start playing at the point where you left of (some ideas about how that could work is in this previous
post).

just some ideas... Smile

- mknight - 2004-02-12

i think the resume could just be something you turn on or off in the settings menu, no need to press a button when starting, i imagine that would be simpler to program.

for me to be able to put an xbox in a car i believe an auto resume feature would have to work with unexpected shutdowns. the reason why is because almost no one would ever be strict enough to shut down their xbox before they turned off their car, it is just too hard a habit to pickup. also if someone borrowed or drove the car they would almost certainly forget to do a proper shutdown. lastly, the xbox does crash from time to time and a hard reset is needed, so it should be able to recover from this too.

i don't think it doesn't needs to be an exact resume however. if it saved the location in a song and menus and queue list every 10-30 seconds or so, no biggie i can handle relistening to 30 seconds of a song. i just wouldn't want to go through all the menus, find what i was listening to, and queue it up to play all over again from scratch each time.

the idea of alternating files seems good. maybe it could writing to a temp file, delete the backup file, rename the primary file to the backup file and then rename the temp file to the primary file. xbmc would check to make sure there was some end of file marker in the primary file, and if so, great, use it, if not, then go to the backup file. anyway i bet there is a "best practices" way of programming this type of thing that i am completely unaware of.

- jcee - 2004-02-12

that was the reason why i was asking for a button to shutdown xbox...

you could connect a switch and when ignition is turned off.. that is the signal to shutdown the unit..

- bdub - 2004-02-12

i have my xbox in my truck, and i would find this extremely useful. usually when i'm just getting out for a second i leave the xbox on (it's powered by a 400w inverter connected directly to the battery) but auto resume would be sweet.

- Hullebulle - 2004-02-14

moving to the "feature suggestions".

- corsari - 2004-05-24

why not?

be able to setup/choose one playlist file for music playing at xbmc startup.

if no media is inserted at startup time ... just start music (if the users wnats like that)

bye

robert

- underdog - 2004-05-24

what's the status of this? i think it would be a great idea, too! it looks like several of us could use this....

- jaga - 2004-05-25

i don't think there ever was a formal feature request, so it isn't even official on the table. also, there is a feature freeze going on right now, so i don't think you'll see this for a while.

- eugenile - 2004-06-24

yes indeed.. this would be a great feature.. please consider it..

- Murphy - 2004-08-15

i searched and found no topic on this, so i figured i would suggest this. in avalaunch there is a setting to make it automatically play a song when the program loads and it was a cool feature to have. that way it wouldnt be silent when xbmc loads up.

- nimbles - 2004-08-15

already can be done with python scripts:

scroll to the bottom.

there is a random playlist one as well- i'm not sure who the authro is but he's french judging from the code Smile