Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- moontan77 - 2009-11-24

anyone nice enough to answer the questions some people have?

- leigh103 - 2009-11-24

Not really an answer - more of an update I guess.

I've turned off 'Auto detect muxes' and 'idle scanning' - and so far so good - no loss of signal.

I'm going to keep my eye on it, and probs update tomorrow. If anyone has any more info, or knows if this is being looked into, it'd be good to know. Big Grin

- leigh103 - 2009-11-24

Not really an answer - more of an update I guess.

I've turned off 'Auto detect muxes' and 'idle scanning' - and so far so good - no loss of signal.

I'm going to keep my eye on it, and probs update tomorrow. If anyone has any more info, or knows if this is being looked into, it'd be good to know. Big Grin

- moontan77 - 2009-11-24

leigh103 Wrote:Not really an answer - more of an update I guess.

@leigh103

Was just going to post to check that, as I noticed this aswell with dvb-s channels disappearing, but unticked all the options about 2 days ago and they have being fine since.

have you gone near the xmltv yet? the system log section says no output from the grabber for me but if i run it from terminal there is an output.

- apanloco - 2009-11-25

Turning off Auto detect muxes and idle scanning does wonders for my setup too (Nova-T 500). I'm positive this is due to bad drivers. I have been able to watch TV for weeks now with no glitches, except occasional crackly audio which goes away after a stop/start or a very quick pause/resume. Pausing for too long is not a good idea i've noticed Smile

satconf - andersw - 2009-11-25

Quote: Default LND settings
Hello

Running Tvheadend and XBMC Ubuntu and it looks very good. Have DVB S with diseqc Thor and Sirius. Wondering about lnb diseqc settings should it be one line for each satellite switchport 0 and 1 lnb type universal? At the moment it only found Thor canĀ“t get it to find Sirius. Is it possible to see DVB subtitles TV1000 and canal+?

Thank you for a very good program Andoma!

Tillda

Have anyone figure this out? I have the same problem.
when I scan it says no sat conf

it is 3 things that must be right !
name[u]
[
switchport
lnb type[/u]

- alexinthesky - 2009-11-25

leigh103 Wrote:Not really an answer - more of an update I guess.

On my experience, the mux on which I am currently tuned is still loosing quality, but yes, turning off 'Auto detect muxes' and 'idle scanning' help not having the other muxes' quality go down to 0.

- menno - 2009-11-25

Suppose:

I got DVD-T Encrypted (viva holanda which is almost the only country who does this but ok)
I got DVB-C Encrypted by UPC

Now I want to buy HDhomerun tuner, and use its DVB-T capbilities, and also its DVB-C capabilities.

since i am a paying subscriber to both services i want to accomplish the following thing;

1.) Place the HDHomerun close to the the cable entrypoint of the house
2.) Pass the ENCRYPTED dvb-c and dvb-t signals over ethernet to my xbmc HTPC
3.) Get a (phoenix??) usb SMARTCARD reader install on xbmc htpc
4.) Install CCCam on xbmc htpc
4.) Install TvHEADend on xbmc htpc
5.) Get both digital tv unenecrypted on my screen.

Does anyone have such a setup?

Thnx

- moontan77 - 2009-11-25

I have xbmc installed in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/ and tvheadend is installed in /home/hts/

Xmltv seems to be installed in /home/xbmc/.xmltv/

I assume this is the reason xmltv isnt working for me. Does anyone know you would go about getting xmltv to work with tvheadend in this case without having to reinstall tvheadend?

I configured xmltv to save the cache in /home/.xmltv/ but it makes no difference. Can anyone help as its being driving me nuts the last few nights.

- Razor_109 - 2009-11-26

menno Wrote:Suppose:

I got DVD-T Encrypted (viva holanda which is almost the only country who does this but ok)
I got DVB-C Encrypted by UPC

Now I want to buy HDhomerun tuner, and use its DVB-T capbilities, and also its DVB-C capabilities.

since i am a paying subscriber to both services i want to accomplish the following thing;

1.) Place the HDHomerun close to the the cable entrypoint of the house
2.) Pass the ENCRYPTED dvb-c and dvb-t signals over ethernet to my xbmc HTPC
3.) Get a (phoenix??) usb SMARTCARD reader install on xbmc htpc
4.) Install CCCam on xbmc htpc
4.) Install TvHEADend on xbmc htpc
5.) Get both digital tv unenecrypted on my screen.

Does anyone have such a setup?

Thnx

Not exactly but close..

I'm living in Ziggo area and so i'm using DVB-C by Ziggo. I've got an Technotrend C-1501 Budget and a Smargo USB Cardreader to read the Phoenix card..

All works, but tvheadend is not able to communicate with an CCcam cardserver, so you have to use Newscs which also does the job. My problem arises at the point when Tvheadend asks for the 'code' to decrypt the signal. It uses the wrong ECM codes to obtain the keys and so is not able to decode Irdeto. I don't know which encryption UPC uses.... atm i'm running my card under Windows XP + Mediaportal Tv Server to record..

Still looking to make a linux solution work.. but can't figure to get VDR working.. still hoping TVheadend would do the trick sometime in the future..

Using Sasc-NG doesn't work either for me in combination with Tvheadend..

- outleradam - 2009-11-26

i can't add shows. it tells me this

No output from "/usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"

- jeepcook - 2009-11-26

moontan77 Wrote:anyone have any luck getting cccam working with sasc-ng?

Yes you can !! in fact it's probably possible ... but I made a lot of tests without success.. in fact (with svn, not 2.5), you have a tab where you can put the file /tmp/capmt.socket, this file is generated by cccam.

To use this, tvheadend and cccam have to be installed in the same computer.

Could you please do some tests, if we are more than one to do tests perhabps we will have a successfull result !!

Thanks

- Razor_109 - 2009-11-26

jeepcook Wrote:Yes you can !! in fact it's probably possible ... but I made a lot of tests without success.. in fact (with svn, not 2.5), you have a tab where you can put the file /tmp/capmt.socket, this file is generated by cccam.

To use this, tvheadend and cccam have to be installed in the same computer.

Could you please do some tests, if we are more than one to do tests perhabps we will have a successfull result !!

Thanks

Do you have more information on how this would work? where to place the file etc etc.. and what does it do? will it use the capmt.socket to connect to CCcam and obtain keys?

Where does Sasc-NG come in? or not needed anymore?

When i try to use sasc-ng the adapter gives the error 'no permission to open' in tvheadend

- jeepcook - 2009-11-26

Razor_109 Wrote:Do you have more information on how this would work? where to place the file etc etc.. and what does it do? will it use the capmt.socket to connect to CCcam and obtain keys?

Where does Sasc-NG come in? or not needed anymore?

When i try to use sasc-ng the adapter gives the error 'no permission to open' in tvheadend

When you install and start cccam on linux, there is a file generated in /tmp/ named camd.socket (i'm not sure it's exactly this name, perhaps capmt.socket).

You don't really need to use sasc. To obtain keys you just have to be connected to this file.

My installation:
Ubuntu
phoenix reader with one viaccess card (work ok !!)
cccam configured to connect with phoenix reader (work ok !!)
tvheadend configured to connect to cccam. (where you give the path for camd.socket) (connect ok but work ko !!)

My configuration doesn't work, I have a lot of errors messages.
I don't know if I made a bad configuration or if the camd.socket option isn't correctly coded.

I have to do some other tests.

But try to implement your configuration using these tools and give us your results !!

- moontan77 - 2009-11-26

outleradam Wrote:i can't add shows. it tells me this

No output from "/usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd"

go to terminal and paste this
tv_grab_na_dd --configure --config-file /home/hts/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf

and when it comes to the part about cache

type /home/hts/.xmltv/cache/

think thats what i did to get it working with a uk grabber

scrap that, xmltv work yesterday for me and now getting no output message again Sad